Our 1st Custom Theme titled 'Asphyxia'

Koby

@Moodkiller yep I know. Waiting on DevFuse to push out the update for the Donation Tracker. They've said to expect it hopefully by the end of the week. JohnFlower covered the expenses on renewing our subscription for it already. =)

If you want to donate through Skrill, PM me.

Otherwise, Flattr works. Though Flattr only takes/sends the money on the 10th of each month.

• Like 1

Just now, Koby said:

@Moodkiller yep I know. Waiting on DevFuse to push out the update for the Donation Tracker. They've said to expect it hopefully by the end of the week. JohnFlower covered the expenses on renewing our subscription for it already. =)

If you want to donate through Skrill, PM me.

Otherwise, Flattr works. Though Flattr only takes/sends the money on the 10th of each month.

Oh ok.

I cant remember which one was easier for me... I think it was Skrill, but I'll try flatter. The 10th isnt too far away at least :)

Also thanks to you, I've gotten that pop-up notification I was talking about:

If you look carefully, there is text under "You have a new notification"

77aac47c31.png

On 11/5/2015, 3:05:52, Moodkiller said:

Also thanks to you, I've gotten that pop-up notification I was talking about:

If you look carefully, there is text under "You have a new notification"

77aac47c31.png

That's correctly styled now to match and for the bottom text to be readable.

Also that Sidebar Status Updates Block is actually $15

40ceba812a.png

• Like 2

I don't know if you will be hateful or thankful (I'm hoping the latter), but I have found another issue, specifically a user permission issue...

I can't see who has liked a reply to a status message:

c1ebb8438b.png

I.e. Imagine Breaker's "Who liked this" status gives me the message of "There's nothing here yet" but when I click on mine, I get the above message.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

I don't know if you will be hateful or thankful (I'm hoping the latter), but I have found another issue, specifically a user permission issue...

I can't see who has liked a reply to a status message:

c1ebb8438b.png

I.e. Imagine Breaker's "Who liked this" status gives me the message of "There's nothing here yet" but when I click on mine, I get the above message.

Strange.

2f3f7ad872.png

You've clearly got the right permissions set for your usergroup. I'll ask at IPS.

In the future please direct issues with stuff like this in the update thread and skin related stuff here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koby said:

Strange.

You've clearly got the right permissions set for your usergroup. I'll ask at IPS.

In the future please direct issues with stuff like this in the update thread and skin related stuff here.

Thanks, and will do. I posted it in this thread because it was working with the default IPB theme before you released Asphyxia... but I haven't checked since. 

1 minute ago, Moodkiller said:

Thanks, and will do. I posted it in this thread because it was working with the default IPB theme before you released Asphyxia... but I haven't checked since. 

It's probably more that it was working on 4.1 than about the theme. As the most recent news thread mentions, I updated to 4.1.3.2 just a day ago. It's likely this update that broke it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koby said:

As the most recent news thread mentions, I updated to 4.1.3.2 just a day ago.

So you did... missed that announcement and wasn't expecting you to upgrade again becuase everything after 4.1 was turning out to be more buggy. Reading that post however, I see why you updated now. 

3 minutes ago, Koby said:

It's probably more that it was working on 4.1 than about the theme.

Yup, I doesn't work in the default IPB theme as well after checking a few minutes ago. 

Alright well I went through and hopefully got all the rest of the elements patched up that needed it and made a few other adjustments to some other stuff.

I've now started work on our next theme; this one isn't a brand new theme but rather an old theme I made back in our vBulletin days and was very sloppily converted to IPS3.4.x by Tom (so we never used it much)... This time I'm doing it myself and it'll still be different. It's not going to be a direct convert, but rather some adjustments will be done to suit the differences in software and the differences in age, I hope to make it a bit more modern in appearance.

Anyhow here is a sneak preview of the early stages (I plan to change up how the header is and move the user menu around later once I get the css down):

2accce6688.png

and for those who've complained about transparency... this new theme won't have any.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Izaya said:

@Koby I love what you have done with Asphyxia! I should've hired you when we used IPB4 :P

Thanks. There is still a bit of ironing out I'd like to get done, but once I get that done I'll be able to more efficiently do the theme work for future themes. I also have some html template changes I'd like to implement to further customize things, but apparently the way IPS updates work, they'll break/overwrite custom html templates which is pretty dumb. When we used vB back on like 3.7.x; they had it where updates would show theme change differences and allow it to try to merge template changes or to manually apply them where needed so themes were easily upgraded in any updates. Shame that IPS still hasn't been able to do something vB had like 8 years ago.

• Like 1

• Nekone locked this topic