Would you buy Anime Disks?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy 100$ (13episodes set) If your salary is less than 25,000$

• Yes,I love it and having glorious BD's and DVD's makes me proud
    • No,I prefer downloading
  2. 2. Will you buy 100$ (13episode set) ,If your salary is more than 25,000$

• Yes,I love it .I respect anime enough to buy it
    • I care only to download,it's just animation

Guys I have been wondering for  a while now if people only care to download and watch or would they eventually buy the discs of the Anime they love?

This forum has members throughout the globe,

I ask you all to share your views and participate in the poll

P.S: I don't earn  now but someday when I start to earn I will make sure my room is filled with all the seductive BD sets of Anime that I love or used to love.

This is my way paying my regards and showing respect to the Anime I love and supporting their makers

it depends: If a series isn't avalible on the internet and no one has bothered to upload or encode it, or if it's on special or decently priced, then yes.

But most of the time, I just download them, besides, people who encode and fansub dvds and blurays do a far better job than the clowns at funimation or viz with their streaming itunes shit

- If the show is available in all its original glory and physical form at full convenience

- If its something I can afford

Then heck yeah I'd want it. Before I got into the net, I was addicted to collecting shows in disks and even nowadays never once have I ever deleted anything from my HDD either.

I pretty much download and watch to see if I like it well enough to buy it. If I like it and it isn't overpriced then I eventually buy it. I got a bookcase that's 2/5 filled with just anime dvds. I really like special/Collector's editions (if not too expensive) that come with cool stuff (Figures!!) as it feels like more of an incentive to buy it.

i buy my anime(now that i have income)

although the only anime i buy on release day are the ones i absolutely love

cough persona 3 movies cough ..expensive as shit >.>

im more or less buying the anime i downloaded long ago that i thoroughly enjoyed.

feels good to see em on display/own em ;]

pretty much living the hardcore anime fan life nao :3

...except im still in dire need of shelves D:

but ya,buy not pirate for me.

but pirate if cant buy of course,then buy when you can afford

100 is too much for me, unless its an amazing show, and the video/audio quality is perfect. If ANYTHING about the set is inferior, i'll be dissapointed.

Whether or not i buy it depends on the quality of the release and price, not the show unfortunately. (Of course, i'm not going buy it if the show sucks either)

Edited by Badman

I would say true fans of animation will buy the official discs. That said i really dont care for collecting. And i dont like things that can be easily damaged. I would buy download and figure a way to back up my copies like http://www.kaleidescape.com/. Has anyone ripped it from here.

"i dont like things that can be easily damaged"

Come on  man, we live in a world which is already damaged,at some point in your life you must've also been damaged or you are to be (the inevitable hard truth).....so this is an excuse that I simply can't agree.

LOve the anime ?buy the Discs ,you won't regret having those blue shiny discs in your showcase :ewhz:

100 is too much for me, unless its an amazing show, and the video/audio quality is perfect. If ANYTHING about the set is inferior, i'll be dissapointed.

Whether or not i buy it depends on the quality of the release and price, not the show unfortunately. (Of course, i'm not going buy it if the show sucks either)

I really hope someday your views change

Well you were some sort of inspiration to me, into buying these discs. Each time you said the "Dvd's arrived"  or something like that I used to imagine ,how cool would it be if I ever had one of those in my showcase :hguit5:

I would say true fans of animation will buy the official discs. That said i really dont care for collecting. And i dont like things that can be easily damaged. I would buy download and figure a way to back up my copies like http://www.kaleidescape.com/. Has anyone ripped it from here.

"i dont like things that can be easily damaged"

Come on man, we live in a world which is already damaged,at some point in your life you must've also been damaged or you are to be (the inevitable hard truth).....so this is an excuse that I simply can't agree.

LOve the anime ?buy the Discs ,you won't regret having those blue shiny discs in your showcase :ewhz:

I really hope someday your views change

Well you were some sort of inspiration to me, into buying these discs. Each time you said the "Dvd's arrived" or something like that I used to imagine ,how cool would it be if I ever had one of those in my showcase :hguit5:
Heh.yea but im not gunna pay for something when there is better alternative. Just consider this from storage price per unit. Its a ripoff.

I always buy, I usually only download if its out of print and the price is far too ridiculous or its another countries copy I cant easily buy.

Basically this, although I also watch on Netflix.

Certain releases i won't get if they look shitty, like Sailor Moon though

Edited by Badman

And i dont like things that can be easily damaged. I would buy download and figure a way to back up my copies like http://www.kaleidescape.com/

If you don't treat your DVD's horribly they should last you. Just don't let anyone but you touch them. I haven't broken one or over scratched one yet since the day I got my first one.

It's also easier than ever to make backup copies and use those discs instead.

And i dont like things that can be easily damaged. I would buy download and figure a way to back up my copies like http://www.kaleidescape.com/

If you don't treat your DVD's horribly they should last you. Just don't let anyone but you touch them. I haven't broken one or over scratched one yet since the day I got my first one.

I have included the constraints of money...even I haven't yet buyed any anime(No availablity in my country+I don't earn just yet) but damn I want to have those discs when I have the amount.

• 3 weeks later...

I have included the constraints of money...even I haven't yet buyed any anime(No availablity in my country+I don't earn just yet) but damn I want to have those discs when I have the amount.

The thing is you don’t have to pay $100 for a 13 episode anime as your poll asks and I would never do that, I shop around for a better price. You can get it on sale, on clearance, or preowned for a lot less. As a matter of fact, if you go to animecastle.com they sell new DVDs of 24 episode anime for around $25 and $50 for Blu-ray.

As for myself, I download and watch it, if I like it I buy it and if I hate it I won’t even bother finishing it.