SOTW #182: Tensai Okamura / Borderlands [Closed!]

Apollo

11 members have voted

1. 1. Voting is closed!

• Bardon: [img]http://oi53.tinypic.com/23idr8k.jpg[/img]
    • ParasiteEve: [img]http://i57.tinypic.com/357q4d1.png[/img]
    • Athena: [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img909/5615/XLOOfh.png[/img]
    • Moodkiller: [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97168413/Signatures/m4jx%20editv2.png[/img]
    • LimitLess: [img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/DeathDante10/hei_3_by_leatelamon-d5nw26i_zpslbrohj08.png[/img]
    • dn_angel000: [img]http://oi61.tinypic.com/2ezi7na.jpg[/img]

mv77.png

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #182

Theme: Tensai Okamura / Borderlands

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Wednesday, February 25th.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
  • Only entries should be posted until voting begins. Anything besides entries and staff announcements will be treated as spam and will be deleted. Comments, criticism, and discussions should be saved for voting. Exceptions such as theme clarification will be allowed at the discretion of the Graphics Team.
  • Complaints about the theme will not be tolerated, as this is disrespectful to the previous winner. As such, these posts will be deleted.
Edited by Apollo

Voting is now open!!!

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Friday, February 27th.
  • To vote, simply pick your favorite using the poll located at the top of this thread.
  • Once voting begins, you may reply to this thread and say why you picked the signature you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.
Edited by Apollo

How come I was under the impression that voting lasted longer? Until around Monday?

That would be because it used to last until Sunday night. We used to have entries due by Friday night and voting due by Sunday night. We have recently changed it to entries being due on Wednesday night and voting due by Friday night. Same amount of time as before, just moved the days of the week. As you can see, now people can actually work on entries over the weekend. The old way had the weekend being used for voting only. Many people (myself included) work during the week and are off on the weekends, so we figured this would help more people participate.

I voted for Bardon. 1. Ouran is my favorite series ever! and 2. I love how you added all the little screenshots from the show.

Lolz thankies! ^___^

Both the series as well as this sig were among my personal favorites. xD

Lol, two ties in a row

I think I remember now why we switched to the other voting format. There were too many ties with a poll, haha!

d95.gif

I also kinda liked that format better because of how it'd keep the thread active with more posts.

Edited by Bardon
  • Like 2

How come I was under the impression that voting lasted longer? Until around Monday?

That would be because it used to last until Sunday night. We used to have entries due by Friday night and voting due by Sunday night. We have recently changed it to entries being due on Wednesday night and voting due by Friday night. Same amount of time as before, just moved the days of the week. As you can see, now people can actually work on entries over the weekend. The old way had the weekend being used for voting only. Many people (myself included) work during the week and are off on the weekends, so we figured this would help more people participate.

That makes perfect sense. I dont know why, but I had different time frames in my head. I.e. Entries due by Sunday/Monday night (again, time to work on it over the weekend), voting due by Wednesday and then entries start up again. 

• Like 1

Lol, two ties in a row

I think I remember now why we switched to the other voting format. There were too many ties with a poll, haha!

Haha, I think we're screwed either way. The reason we went back to the polls is because it was getting to the point where we weren't getting enough entries each week and we kept having to push back deadlines. I love the first, second, third place format, but it requires at least four entries (since participants can't vote for themselves), and there were several weeks where that didn't happen and then the deadline had to be pushed back. At least the poll only requires two entries. But now all of a sudden, more people are participating, so maybe we can go back to the other voting format? I don't even know. Maybe we're getting more participation because now people can work on their entries over the weekend?

Lol, it's impossible to make everyone happy. Some people were acting like they prefer the poll format anyway. I'm good with whatever.

Oh, I know! What if we do the first, second, third format if there are enough entries, and we do the poll if there aren't enough entries?

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Haha, I think we're screwed either way. The reason we went back to the polls is because it was getting to the point where we weren't getting enough entries each week and we kept having to push back deadlines. I love the first, second, third place format, but it requires at least four entries (since participants can't vote for themselves), and there were several weeks where that didn't happen and then the deadline had to be pushed back. At least the poll only requires two entries. But now all of a sudden, more people are participating, so maybe we can go back to the other voting format? I don't even know. Maybe we're getting more participation because now people can work on their entries over the weekend?

Lol, it's impossible to make everyone happy. Some people were acting like they prefer the poll format anyway. I'm good with whatever.

Oh, I know! What if we do the first, second, third format if there are enough entries, and we do the poll if there aren't enough entries?

No no! I think you're doing fine! Whatever you guys decide~

I was just saying to somebody that I couldn't remember why we switched to the place format, but now I think I remember, haha. It was just a little humorous to me, is all.

• Like 1

Haha, but I'm seriously considering having both voting systems in place for either circumstance. The first, second, third voting format truly is the superior one. It's a lot more fun, more fair, and it seems to lower the chance of ties. It also encourages more discussion and keeps the threads alive. Polls are easier, but they're also extremely boring.

But I like the idea of having the poll as a Plan B when activity is too low in a given week. I like that more than pushing back deadlines, because I rather keep the contests flowing.

I feel like activity is picking up a little, anyway. Maybe because now we can make entries over the weekend?

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1