screenshotcomparison.com alternative/workaround

Moodkiller

Im wanting to do a comparison of 17 1920x1080 images. Unfortunately the most I can get screenshotcomparison.com to do is... 1 (ONE)! If I add anymore the page just reloads (after uploading the images) and takes you back to the uploading screen. Meaning it doenst save or move onto the comparison stage.

I had a look at bakaCOMPARE, but it seems you need an account to upload and I cant create one/login. Do they have a registration period (like some private trackers do)? 

Seen as screenshotcomparison.com supports url links as well, I thought of using facebook for hosting the images, but they dont keep the same quaility when you upload. A 3.2MB file gets compressed to ~300KB, even with the "High Quality" checkbox ticked. 

Questions:

1. Is there an alternative to these 2 sites?

2. Is there a good image hosting site that I can use and link back to screenshotcomparison.com?

There is site called check2pic.ru. I have used in past, when I couldn't upload images to screenshotcomparison. Unfortunately, I couldn't get more than 3 images working for each comparison. Also, the site is in Russian.

As for image hosting, I use postimg.org, but supposedly it deletes images over time (it had not happened to me yet). You could also look into someimage.com, as it is used by several members of HD-Torrents for comparison purposes.

As far as I can tell, Kametsu does not limits number of images one can post in single post/reply, so You could simply provide thumbnails for images like this.

EDIT: For me, my login for BakaBT works for BakaCOMPARE as well.

Edited by Hark0n

I also have this problem with screenshotcomparison.com, but I can upload 3 sets of screenshots.

I tried using BakaCOMPARE for attack on titan but it was deleted in 24h, probably because its FUNimation?

Check2pic.ru never worked for me.

Maybe Koby could create similar service for Kametsu uploaders?? :)

@johnflower - you were spot on, baka.bt logon = bakaCOMPARE/shots logon. Thank you, used that in the end.

@Hark0n - Thanks for the alternatives. I had actually just tried postimg.org and linked it back to screenshotcomparison, but the file sizes were wrong/changed (similar to what Facebook did). someimage.com looks good though so will try that out if I have the same issue as Baal did with comparisons being deleted from baka. Your "thumbnails" option I would go with as a last resort, good idea though, did you get it from fansub.co?

@Baal - I was surpised that I couldnt even get the 3 to work. I second your idea for Koby to intergrate something like this, seen as he and the rest of us are always after comparisons. Maybe a future suggestion?

@professa X - Dont know why I didnt use imgur... maybe it was because all the images on the homepage would have been overrun with duplicates from Railgun xD.

Thanks for the alternatives. I had actually just tried postimg.org and linked it back to screenshotcomparison, but the file sizes were wrong/changed (similar to what Facebook did).

That's odd. All images I have uploaded seem to have been unchanged. Did You made sure to choose correct resize settings.

postimg_Resize.jpg

Your "thumbnails" option I would go with as a last resort, good idea though, did you get it from fansub.co?

I believe the idea originally comes from HD-Torrents (at least there I saw it first), but it was BluDragon, who started to use it in his posts (check posts made by Dragon80 here).

Thanks for the alternatives. I had actually just tried postimg.org and linked it back to screenshotcomparison, but the file sizes were wrong/changed (similar to what Facebook did).

That's odd. All images I have uploaded seem to have been unchanged. Did You made sure to choose correct resize settings.

postimg_Resize.jpg

I did indeed, made double sure. Especially the second time around. The images were around 3MB+... is there a file size limit on postimage.org?

I believe the idea originally comes from HD-Torrents (at least there I saw it first), but it was BluDragon, who started to use it in his posts (check posts made by Dragon80 here).

Ah ok I see now :)

The images were around 3MB+... is there a file size limit on postimage.org?

Well, I uploaded and downloaded three 3MB+ (3.07MB, 3.14MB and 3.15MB) images and there appears to be no issue.

Here are the tested images:

024158_R2.png036191_R2.png050685_R2.png

Did You tried someimage.com? If this works, then there is no need to bother with postimg.

Edited by Hark0n

Well, I uploaded and downloaded three 3MB+ (3.07MB, 3.14MB and 3.15MB) images and there appears to be no issue.

Here are the tested images:

024158_R2.png036191_R2.png050685_R2.png

Sorry, I dont think I explained properly. I didnt have an issue uploading 3MB+ files to postimage.org, but when "importing" the images into screenshotcomparison.com, thats when I noticed the file size reduction. 

Using your example:

http://postimg.org/image/wptqc6rhh/full/#codes(seems like you still have to click the "show codes" link, I copied the direct link link)

Result:

screenshotcomparison

As far as I can tell, postimage.org seems to only direct link back to a 720p version of a 1080p image?

Did You tried someimage.com? If this works, then there is no need to bother with postimg.

I havent gotten around to testing this yet... sorry. But yeah, maybe I should do so that we might not have to spend time on getting postimage.org to work.

Sorry, I dont think I explained properly. I didnt have an issue uploading 3MB+ files to postimage.org, but when "importing" the images into screenshotcomparison.com, thats when I noticed the file size reduction.

As You mentioned "file size limit" I assumed there is problem with postimg. As I had never used it to post images for screenshotcomparison.com I had not encountered with the said issue. As far as I know, the someimage.com is also mostly used for comparing pictures in forum posts not on special sites, so it might not work as well.

I try to promote thumbnail image posting approach, because it provides wider comparing choices unlike most comparison sites (except BakaCOMPARE). Also many links to screenshotcomparison.com went down some time ago and forums are filled with useless links that either not work or directs to different comparisons.

As You mentioned "file size limit" I assumed there is problem with postimg. As I had never used it to post images for screenshotcomparison.com I had not encountered with the said issue. As far as I know, the someimage.com is also mostly used for comparing pictures in forum posts not on special sites, so it might not work as well.

Hmm, I see. Alright I will give this a go and report back. Hopefully, someimage.com will work.

I try to promote thumbnail image posting approach, because it provides wider comparing choices unlike most comparison sites (except BakaCOMPARE). Also many links to screenshotcomparison.com went down some time ago and forums are filled with useless links that either not work or directs to different comparisons.

I would have thought that image hosting sites would have been worse than screenshotcomparison for example, i.e. they delete images within a matter of weeks to free up space/resources. I would argue that thumbnails/image hosting sites could be affected in the same way that screeshotcomparison was?

Edit: Well if this is anything to go by, then that blows my example out of the water:

d4d7e518df.png

Edited by Moodkiller