[sloved] Subtitles not displaying in MPC screenshot

Could someone please tell me why .ass subtitles wont save to a screenshot taken within Media Player Classic?? I am using the Alt+I method to take screenshots, the subtitles are displayed on screen, but are not saved to the screenshot file? 

I read as a possible issue that extra codecs installed may be causing this, but I have nothing other than the default MPC x86 version installed and a modified one according to this, both of which dont show the subtitles in the screenshoted image. 

Solution: 

As I said, you have to download the archive version of xy-vsfilter and extract the .dll somewhere (preferably tapatalk's installation directory). You then open tapatalk and press O. This opens the options menu. From there you need to select 'External Filters' and hit the 'Add Filter...' button. Browse to where you extracted xy-vsfilter's .dll and select it. This will add two more external filters; untick the auto-loading version and set the other to Prefered.

http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/41527-subtitles-not-displaying-in-mpc-screenshot/?p=367808

Edited by Moodkiller

You have to enable xy-vsfilter in tapatalk's options. Get the archive version of it and extract the .dll to tapatalk's install directory or something. Open tapatalk's options, browse to external filters, add filter, browse to where you extracted the .dll and hit ok. It should create two entries, untick the auto-loading one and set the other to prefer.

Ok wait now I am confused? How come you are talking about tapatalk? I know you were talking about it earlier, but I thought that was reference to something Koby had mentioned about the mobile version of this site... 

Though you did give me an idea to add the filter to the external filters list in MPC, but I cant find it listed anywhere in the list under "add"

As I said, you have to download the archive version of xy-vsfilter and extract the .dll somewhere (preferably tapatalk's installation directory). You then open tapatalk and press O. This opens the options menu. From there you need to select 'External Filters' and hit the 'Add Filter...' button. Browse to where you extracted xy-vsfilter's .dll and select it. This will add two more external filters; untick the auto-loading version and set the other to Prefered.

• Like 1