Chrome auto zoom's after pushing Ctrl

Moodkiller

I'm having an issue with Chrome where after I hold down and release the Ctrl key (for example to copy something) and then scroll with my mouse wheel, chrome zooms the webpage in or out (depending which way I had scrolled) by a factor of 10%.

It's as if the Ctrl key is still being held down when I scroll and then "releases" after it has zoomed in or out that 10% - I have read that this can be related to sticky keys, how ever I have it deactivated and to not turn on when I push the shift key 5 times in a row.

Any help/ suggestion/ fix would be much appreciated :)

Although there are some add-ons that boast that they can do this, it would honestly be easier to just disable the scrolling using control entirely. Go to your hotkeys for whichever operating system you are using and change the scrolling to shift-control-mousewheel or whatever is easiest for you.

Alright, thank you I will look into this as a last resort. I enjoy using the Ctrl + mouse scroll to zoom into pages where the font is minute. 

I know what the problem is. If your using windows 8.1 and Microsoft surface that is. My friend's had the same problem. For some reason there is this stick feature that gets activated of you hold control down for too long. The way to disable that when it happens is to press ctrl shift enter i believe.

I have Windows 7 and using it on a desktop. Thanks anyways