Acquiring Anime News

Moodkiller

I'm Interested to know how one would go about finding the latest anime news? For example, at the time of this post (7th Jan 2014), FUNimation is going to stream (page 4) Toaru Majutsu no Index II (A Certain Magical Index II) on the 31st Jan 2014 (for non subscribers). This is the subbed version, and I would like to know if and when it will be dubbed? It's not only just for this anime, but others too.

I do strongly believe in Google, however, I was interested to know if there was another way and what that way is?  

Edit: I have found a few sites which help, mainly:

AniChart (thanks to Breathless, found here )

DVDTalk (thanks to Koby)

Anime News Network (thanks to DeathTheKid)

FUNImation

The Fandom Post (thanks to Toddler Naruto)

Edited by Moodkiller

Animenewsnetwork.com? Not sure if that's something you're looking for.

They seem to be pretty good with their info, however I have found that they dont seem to have upcoming or planned release dates... Thank you for the suggestion though :).  

Well I'd like Kametsu's home page to be a news source, but I can never find people to volunteer to help out on posting. It uses Wordpress, so if you have knowledge of it, then it should be a breeze.

That would be an awesome feature. Im planning on studying Wordpress this year so if I can find the source of info to use, I would be happy to help out. 

They seem to be pretty good with their info, however I have found that they dont seem to have upcoming or planned release dates... Thank you for the suggestion though :)

I tend to use dvdtalk to have a nice detailed list of planned releases and up to date news about licenses:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk/613216-upcoming-u-s-anime-releases-2014-edition.html

They seem to be pretty good with their info, however I have found that they dont seem to have upcoming or planned release dates... Thank you for the suggestion though :)

I tend to use dvdtalk to have a nice detailed list of planned releases and up to date news about licenses:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk/613216-upcoming-u-s-anime-releases-2014-edition.html

That is quite a comprehensive list, thank you, I shall keep my eye out on this one as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ah ok, awesome, thank you, I havent heard of The Fandom Post before, but the seem pretty good!

Yeah, it's great for keeping up to date, I've been following the site (and ANN) for news since back when the guy ran AnimeonDVD. :)

haha ah awesome stuff!! I find ANN to be really good for news at the moment :) - do you monitor it yourself?? or use a service to send you changes and alert you?

If you want to have an all in one then what the others post is probably good. personally on my chrome i keep and rss feed reader. then i have a couple of sites a receive feed update release dates. to name a few sentai filmworks, rightstuf. Then their are others that i manually look up like animesuki, funimation, aniplex. offcial publishers have moved away from rss and now use facebook and twitter. so probbably gotta "subscribe" to them.

• Koby locked this topic