Lelouch1199

I'm not sure but a sequel to Avatar - The Last Airbender has been confirmed to be in the making. This time around the Avatar is a Waterbender but it said something about Aang's grandkids helping the new Avatar out.

Where did you hear or read that. btw I don't think it will make any sense because the story as ended and it was good. there is no need to develop this story further.

Wait I was wrong. It's Aang's son not grandkids who help.

OB-JH954_korra1_G_20100721104600.jpg

Avatar: Legend of Korra is an upcoming television mini-series set in the Avatar universe as a spin-off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is currently under development, and is expected to run for 12 episodes from November 2011. The co-creators of the original series, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, are confirmed to be involved. The pair will personally write all of the episodes to allow for a tighter storyline.

The new series will take place 75 years after the end of the Avatar: The Last Airbender story arc, with all-new characters and settings. The protagonist of the new series, Korra, the next Avatar after Aang, is a hot-headed and rebellious young woman from the Southern Water Tribe who is "ready to take on the world". The series plans to follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of Airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

Source: Official Nickelodeon Press Release

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He was only raised by monks. Most monks don't take their vows until they are over the age of 18 anyway. Plus, who is going to enforce it? We also can't assume these monks don't have children. After all, there were plenty of children in the show during flashbacks to the Air Temples. So that leaves logical possibilities:

1) The Air Monks were allowed to have children.

2) Bending is an inherent skill, not an inherited skill. In other words, it functions similar to magic in Dragon Age. Kids manifest the ability, and these monks only train them. If that is the case, more Airbenders may exist. We have to assume, to a certain degree, that there are other "Air Nomads", otherwise why would they be called "nomads" when we only see the monks, and they obviously stay fixed in one location.

Wait I was wrong. It's Aang's son not grandkids who help.

Source: Official Nickelodeon Press Release

Awww.... It's a female lead protagonist. I won't be sexist or anything but it might keep my attention, though I'm not sure how long a masculine female will hold it and especially since the story has kind of already been fully developed, in the sense that the evil fire lord has been defeated.

I understand it's a spinoff - but will it do the series justice? Also so far we've only been discussing Aang's family tree, I honestly didn't care much for him but rather I was more interested in the type of character Zuko was.

Speaking of which, any news on Zuko? Or his relatives being in the spin off?

• 4 months later...

I gotta say - it started off slow, the Book of Water was a bit dull with all the hope speeches from a certain someone (similar to all the friendship speeches by Tea in Yu-Gi-Oh!, Bleh). The Book of Earth becoming very interesting with the arrival of Toph (see! not ALL girls have to be annoying) and the Book of Fire just breathtaking.

Even though it has it's roots in the U.S. of A., I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be considered as good on anime level.

It's heavily inspired by anime and eastern mythologies in it's art, characters and storylines.

In one way, I suppose it's better than anime in the sense that the main character isn't someone who loves eating all day long and then comes back with a new technique to win the battle.

In one way, it's worse in the sense that there's close to no blood spilt even in intense battles (Meh, it airs on Nick. I'll let it pass.)

Sozin's Comet definitely left the very important question of Zuko's mom on a cliff hanger ... and I just though of something else it needed - A better way to end their episodes. Seriously, some episodes ended good while others just left you thinking - "Eh? It's over? Surely they'll show a little more before ending it so abruptly."

I'm not too keen on the sequel since I felt that Avatar was mostly about the journey of Aang and his friends as they all grew stronger.

Moving 70 years into the future and bringing in a fresh group of characters ... I dunno if I'll like it that much.

• 2 weeks later...