I need a handful of people to help out around here. Everyone Please Read.

Koby

I'm looking for people who are willing to help out around the forum. I've decided to start a service team which will consist of those who wish to help. The service team will basically be full of people who do different things. Like one member in the service team may do videogame news, while another keeps the contests board active, etc..

What do I need this for?

I'm wanting people to start posting the latest videogame news onto the gaming boards to give something new to discuss in that department. I could also use someone who is willing to do the same for anime. It would also be useful to have the latest music, tv, books, etc.. basically entertainment news to. I am also looking for someone who can keep the contest board active with new contest idea's, and keep the current contests active.

I want to get the Forgotten Memories Newspaper going again. I would like to see the FM Interviews making a comeback as well. I feel if we all work together this place can once again become great.

So if you would like to help just let me know. Of course even if you don't want to be part of the service team you can still post news when you hear it.

I could really use help with the news for the main site too. Hehe.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am interested in the contests section more than anything. I'd be glad to keep it active; I have a few ideas that I would like to try out. One of them I never got to try out on my old forum before it died, and the others didn't work so well with the small size of the forum.

I can run the interviews. I'm pretty sure it was my baby anyway.

And I generally have plenty of ideas. But I'm lazy. So other people can take my ideas and be glad that they thought of them first. And I can always sit and mope about how I never have any ideas, and how I wish I thought of it first.

I don't suppose I have much to contribute to the newspaper. I'm not much for excitement, so it'd probably be all educational and stuff. And probably never on the same subject either.

shinji, what would you do with graphics101? Hehe.

I am wanting to start offering free pre-cut renders (stocks, images, w/e), and photoshop brushes. However to do that we would really need more graphical designers. I can't design brushes yet as I haven't really tried much, however I can cut renders so I might try to get some ready. I'd also like to be able to offer graphical tutorials.

Muj, what kind of contests should we really be holding? So far only the signature of the week has been happening and it hasn't really been that active. I'd like to possibly see the semi-yearly awards get started again too.

Emo (bernie), that would be nice. Yeah you were the one who came up with the idea and started them last time, however it wasn't too popular and like only two people (one being me) ever got interviewed. I think most people kind of just ask the person the question they want to ask through PM, or IM. LOL

Lin, that would also be great, anything we can do to get each section of the forum jump-started would be great really.

What should the newspaper have really? It'd be monthly, so maybe we could like basically give a summary of the interesting news in gaming, entertainment, and anime, as well as give light to the upcoming and also already running competitions, clan wars going on or being planned, graphic battles upcoming and the winners of the battles, signature of the month, some of the changes that happened during the month, the birthdays of the month, and anything else worth mentioning.

Muj, what kind of contests should we really be holding? [...] I'd like to possibly see the semi-yearly awards get started again too.

We should be holding fun competitions, of course. The one I've never tried is a Connect Four tournament. Connect Four in ASCII, that is. We had a few games going on on my forum. They were enjoyable (I don't think I ever lost. :-/), but I wanted to try it on a larger scale. Perhaps a sixteen person elimination tournament, or maybe round-robin if it'll go quickly. The best thing is that pretty much anyone can play, so it's not restricted to just the graphics artist as SoTW is.

If you don't understand, the games look like this:

| . . . . . . . |

| . . . . . . . |

| . . . . . . . |

| X . X X O . . |

| O . O O O X . |

| X . O X X X O |

| A B C D E F G |

Yeah, the awards were fun. Best when the forum is in a fairly active state, though. Hmm, for other competitions, I would have to think on it.

(Don't let Mikey participate in the Connect Four competition. Don't!)

Forum superlatives are always exciting.

I don't remember the state of the forum when I started doing the interviews, but I'm betting it was dead-ish. =P

Anyway, the interviews could be run one of two ways--the first is the way I remember doing it, which is tossing up the thread, stating who the victim is, and letting people ask their questions--then closing the thread after so many days. The other way incorporates it with the newsletter and the questions are pre-collected--questions could also be collected without the member being known by the general public beforehand. Almost like member of the month, only now they get to answer questions. =P

Or we could do it like you remember; Tossing up a thread letting members ask questions, and then also we have preset questions we ask the person which get put into the newspaper. We could have one or two interviews going at a time and let them last like 7 to 14 days to give enough time for those who don't visit everyday to come and ask their question.. =P

What do you think?

I have two promotional Autographed CD's of GAME. It's Piano Music written and performed by Piano Squall, in which I can give as competition prizes. But I don't know how to mail it, lol doesn't it like cost alot in shipping?

And erm, alright.

--------------------------------------

Here is those who are hired, and for what. Service Crew, doesn't have a whole lot of power, but they are able to access the staff room, and they greatly help the forum.

Shinji - graphic tutorials and graphics help in newspaper.

Mujklob - Contest Section

Emotional Outlet - Interviews

Linoud - Anime News

SasukeX - Gaming News

Luneth - Gaming News

The Welsh Paddy - Contest Section & Roleplay Competitions