Most overpowered main character?

animaelover

tenchi in his light hawk wing form he escapes the super gravity of a black hole that light cant even escape and if that was not enough the black hole just happened to form around him so he was alredy in it and again more evidence sliced a planet sized ship in half stoped a planet destroying laser with one hand and as i have been reading in other posts on this thred goku is overpowerd but he still cant breathe in space tenchi can so after all this evidence of crazy overpowerdness tenchi in his light hawk wing form pretty much makes every other overpowerd person look like a panzy

• 2 years later...

Kenshin Himura comes to mind for me. Think about it, during that entire show, he fought with a sword that, at it's best, would knock a guy out. Had he fought with an actual sword, he'd have killed almost everyone. His dual against Hajime Saitou was a great example when he dodged the famed Gatotsu and delivered a strike to the back of Saitou's neck. Would have instantly decapitated him with an actual sword.

Or when he landed the Ultimate Attack on Makoto Shishio during their fight. He'd have straight up killed him rather than land a very damaging blow. Granted, a few showed up from time to time that proved to almost be his equal, such as Aoshi. But for the most part, he fought every single one of his opponents with a clear disadvantage in not being able to kill with a single blow, yet he still ends up beating everything but a disease.

I completely agree.  He was at a serious disadvantage the entire series yet defeated every bad guy.  Either those opponent were weak or he is just ridiculously awesome.  I tend to think the latter.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to have to say Goku obviously, but another that seems to be the same would be Aizen from bleach. I have not seen all the episodes, but what have seen from him  he seems to be out there. Ichigo too, doesn't seem to work for his power, it just comes to him. He may overcome one obstacle, but then he is right at the top.

For me its Bolt Crank from Eat-Man, he is bascially a god/creator. Although from the anime they don't give much of his storyline due to they amount of episode they did. But if anyone knows about him, they should know. But from what they show on the anime he is very OP.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess I'm just going to have to throw all the Dragon Ball Z character's on the pire with everyone else. DBZ has the largest collection of ridiculously overpowered character's I have ever watched. It's like watching a show full of Supermen but, without the Kryptonite weakness or superhero style mild mannered alter ego to keep the show fresh. The character's can fly, transform, fuse, shrink ,grow, shoot many different laser beams from just about every orophus of there body, destroy planet's, grow bigger muscles, longer hair, turn into 80 foot tall monkey's, teleport, and I'm sure I missed some superpowers in there but, bottom line is every single character is far to powerful to keep me glued to the tube for longer than past the Frieza saga. It feels like I'm watching pro wrestling when I watch the cast of Dragonball Z.

• 2 weeks later...

Understandably, Goku comes to mind, but one must wonder at what point we draw the line between overpowered, and just unreasonable.  Besides, the entire show is overpowered, pretty darn GAR, it seems like cheating just to go with that.  Actually what came to mind first was that blonde guy from Mondaiji-tachi.  In recent anime, it's rare that you see guys who are overpowered from the get go, but this guy just walks in and wins.  As for Himura Kenshin, there are many shonen aspects to it, so there must be some leeway to say that we can't just let our main character die.  Like most overpowered characters who rise from the almost dead, shoddy writing to just allow them to win the battle is to blame.

• 3 weeks later...

well, i think most of the anime have their main character as an overpowered one....mostly the action genres.....but under the sports category its kinda sane i guess....

I don't think there are any overpowered characters in One Piece , Luffy is by far not the strongest and Whitebeard isn't that much stronger than the admirals or Shanks .

I'd say a lot of characters from DBZ are way overpowered that is why I stopped watching the show in the first place :oh:

At one time luffy was OP for a couple arcs (fisherman island arc) but that changed and it wasn't a big deal.

And btw i do have to disagree with your statement, there are some really op characters in one piece the difference in strength is sometimes ridiculous. That doesn't mean that it's a bad show/manga.

Edited by reptil3