Most overpowered main character?

animaelover

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah i agree, alucard is pretty crazily overpowered. I got sick of watching him mouth off, get smashed, then win -__-

I can think of two notable anime examples the first is Sailor Moon despite the fact that she can be a bit of a crybaby and sometime a coward she tends to defeat the true antagonist of each story with the exception of the third and final story she has help defeating them. What I mean by true antagonist is the villain that manipulates and some times outright controls the other the other antagonists of the story. In Sailor Moon S she in a way I don't understand she destroys Pharaoh 90 off screen and in the final season after most of her allies have been temporary killed while she for some reason is nude while doing it releases Galaxia from the control chaos and sends chaos back in to the hearts of everyone which where it belongs.

The other notable exception is the title character from Steel Angel Kurumi. Kurumi even steel angel standards she is easily the strongest character of the first season by a long shot. Every time she battles an opponent if she fight the same enemy more than once many of her give her a challenge the first time they fight if they fight again she can often defeat entire groups of enemies with little to know effort.

Luffy from One Piece is kinda overpowered as well. i mean, if you think about it, he hasn't lost a single battle yet, apart from that Crocodile one.

Wrong !

Huh ?!?

He lost to smoker 2 times !

He lost to Admiral Aokiji !

He lost to Kuma !

And he got completely destroyed By Magellan !

He lost to Mihawk !

The 3 admirals !

what do you mean by overpowered? If you just mean powerful than almost any action anime will do, but if you are referring to a difference in power between the character and their opponent I have to disagree with Goku, while Goku is constantly showing up overpowered in DBZ (cant argue with the original dragon ball), he almost immediately meets a villain that makes him seem weak by comparison, goes off and trains, comes back 10 times more powerful than his opponent, rinse and repeat, so he is only overpowered about half the time and for the rest he is pathetically weak, the show could never find middle ground. On the other hand, Alucard from hesling never meets an opponent close to him in power until the very end, you are never once left with the feeling that he is in any danger or might loose, though you often get the impression that he screws around with his opponent (and before anyone mentions Goku, I'm not saying Goku doesn't either, I'm well aware that he hid his true power quite often for the sake of dramatics), but only the final villain was on his level, no training, no enhancements, no increases to power though he receives a new gun once its really more like a new toy than a needed tool. As for Lucy from Elfen Lied I would also have to dissagree, while she was more powerful than mere humans she was only slightly more powerful than most diclonis, and it was suggested that other diclonis were more powerful than here caged away, Lucy was frightening more so because of her sociopathic impulses and killer instincts than for her power, but these are my opinions and the bar at which I measure overpowered may very well be different from everyone else, it all comes down to perspective in the end

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As soon as i saw the title i thought of Naruto. Because he has the now mastered the Kyubii and sage mode. And he hasn't actually fought anybody properly since he mastered the kyubii. Also whenever he beats his opponent he destroys them with a massive gap in power. He might get pummeled for a while but once he gets angry NO ONE can beat him.

Many of you have said Goku. Goku is undoubtly strong in comparison to most main characters of most animes, but if compared to some of the people he had to fight, he doesn't seem THAT overpowered to me.

People that come to my mind of being overpowered within their own world at that tme be as followed:

1. any of the masters in Kenichi (If you've seen Kenichi, you'd know. lol)

2. buu from dbz because if there's one atom left of him he regenerates

3. Aizen from bleach currently in the anime because I don't read the manga

4. Kenpachi from bleach

5. Naruto during Shippuden even though I hate the series completely

6. Younger Toguro from yuyuhakusho during the dark tournament

7. Broly during the first movie was godly, untill goku put in a cheat code and punched him in half and I was like "WTF!?!?" If you hate dbz, watch the 1st Broly movie. The last 40 minutes of the movie is the main characters getting owned. lol