Spamming?

Anooxy

On recent posts we have made here at the assistance board, people accused users about spamming on several topics.

I'm totally against it. Are short replies and activity considered spam here? That's not SPAM, it's just posting. Have you ever been in a SPAM Forum. Hell, you know what happens there.

Going Off-Topic is also usually considered spam as well. that is something I agree with but if going only once there's nothing to worry.

Normal users also should not care about the "SPAMs' of others. It's Mods job.

No, the peasants simply do not have the authority to warn spammers. They can certainly care about it. It affects the atmosphere of the forum, perhaps even more so, considering that the place is lacking in general activity, and as such the effect of the spam seems more pronounced.

Again, as I have said in another thread, the true problem is not brevity, although having longer posts would help mitigate the spammy feeling. I am a long-winded person, others are more Spartan. It doesn't really matter. I don't mind tangents if there is a feasible segue.

I'm sorry you seem to have a different definition of what spam is, but it's not like it was only peasants who were in agreement that Luneth was spamming, and were it not for peasants and their loud, screeching voices, many problems may be left undealt with by the mods.

No, the peasants simply do not have the authority to warn spammers. They can certainly care about it. It affects the atmosphere of the forum, perhaps even more so, considering that the place is lacking in general activity, and as such the effect of the spam seems more pronounced.

Again, as I have said in another thread, the true problem is not brevity, although having longer posts would help mitigate the spammy feeling. I am a long-winded person, others are more Spartan. It doesn't really matter. I don't mind tangents if there is a feasible segue.

I'm sorry you seem to have a different definition of what spam is, but it's not like it was only peasants who were in agreement that Luneth was spamming, and were it not for peasants and their loud, screeching voices, many problems may be left undealt with by the mods.

I'm sorry but I still don't agree with you. Spammy feeling? you know what? That's what sucks. If everyone keeps saying this one is spamming all we hear is the word "SPAM". It increases "that" feeling.

I didn't mention Luneth because he deserves to be respected and not to be related to all spam-things. I was talking about spamming in general but you redirected everything to Luneth.

And if he says "Yeah I agrre with you" that is not spam. Actually I can't think of another way to say someone agrees with another person.

Hi, I thought you were leaving. No one ever leaves. The place is like a magnet.

If you think all of my posts are irrelevant and pointless, you are free to think it, but unless a mod tells me otherwise, I will not worry about it.

It also helps that I don't try to push other people's buttons or defy moderators. When we used to have a shoutbox, a couple of us got into the whole "Bitch Clan" mood and almost every message on the shoutbox had the word "bitch" in it.

Eventually Koby tired of it and told us to knock it off.

No one got angry with him. No one told him that he had a great big potty mouth and he was just picking on us. We stopped, because it wasn't a big deal.

And this is not either, although apparently some seem to think that this is a larger issue than it truly is. I'm sorry that you feel upset about it, but it is not a big deal. Just alter your behaviour. Lurk a little more. Don't feel like you have to respond to everything, and if you must, give some thought to it.

ETA: Many fora have a rule against posts that merely state "I agree". This forum does as well. I made certain to include that rule when I wrote them last year or so. You can add more to it. Add your own twist to what's been said. Say what else is on your mind.

I mention Luneth because he is most prominent. You are free to disagree, but the feeling remains.

Ok, Ok, lets just forget about all of this stuff about spamming and spam and lets look into the future of this forum and we should stop agruing like little children and grow up and stop with the nonsense that we have caused to this forum,ok?

I have edited my post because your response was not there when I first posted it, Sasuke.

I would also like to quote the rules.

Do not quote an entire post and reply to it with “I agree” or something similar that does not add constructively to the conversation.

I concede that is very specific, but the concept remains. If you are not constructively participating in a discussion, it's considered spam. What does merely saying, "I agree" add to a discussion? Rarely are there any opinions that only one person holds. You are bound to have people who agree, so other than to feed one's ego, I see no need for it.

ETA: I don't feel that I've been acting like a child. I did not threaten to leave the forum over this, nor do I lose any sleep over it. There has been greater drama on FM--this is a very small issue.

I have edited my post because your response was not there when I first posted it, Sasuke.

I would also like to quote the rules.

Do not quote an entire post and reply to it with “I agree” or something similar that does not add constructively to the conversation.

I concede that is very specific, but the concept remains. If you are not constructively participating in a discussion, it's considered spam. What does merely saying, "I agree" add to a discussion? Rarely are there any opinions that only one person holds. You are bound to have people who agree, so other than to feed one's ego, I see no need for it.

ETA: I don't feel that I've been acting like a child. I did not threaten to leave the forum over this, nor do I lose any sleep over it. There has been greater drama on FM--this is a very small issue.

That makes Luneth the non-quoting member. But for one thing is right. We must stop this or we'll make this spam-related thread popular which is not needed. ;)

I'm unsure of what you are saying.

"If you are not constructively participating in a discussion, it's considered spam. What does merely saying, "I agree" add to a discussion?"

If all he had said was "I agree", then it applies to him. He did not add constructively to the discussion.

Furthermore, many fora have rules that when people quote others, rather than quoting the entire post, they only quote the relevant parts. Especially with someone like me who is very wordy, quoting my posts in their entirety would be a disservice to all members.

ETA: Apparently you two are only seeing what you wish to see.

Then you need to quote things now or many members will start complaining again.

To EL: Are you talking about my quotes. Is there any rule about quotes? Probably not. Just because you're wordy doesn't mean I can't quote you're entire post.

You two are incorrigible. I don't know how to explain this to you since you seem not to be listening to what I'm saying.

"Just because you're wordy doesn't mean I can't quote you're entire post."

It is generally good forum etiquette not to quote long posts. When I rewrite the rules, I will apparently have to include this instead of assuming that members will have the sense not do something like that.

"I think that you two haven't read the post that that I made before the last post that I did"

I did. Hence my response of "ETA: I don't feel that I've been acting like a child. I did not threaten to leave the forum over this, nor do I lose any sleep over it. There has been greater drama on FM--this is a very small issue."

"WTF, I can't hear you, its a forum,, you can only read what you have said, do you understand me?"

Taking things literally is amusing.

"Make yourself not wordy so I can quote all your posts. That would be a better rule, eh?"

Why do you wish to quote everything I post? I don't think I should have to adjust my writing style to your wants. There is no rule stating that I cannot be verbose, and if there wore, Koby must have slipped it in there since it is not something I would have deemed to be a useful rule.

"As for SPAM, if being "wordy" is the key of not spamming then you're definetely wrong."

I did not say that. I have said, "Again, as I have said in another thread, the true problem is not brevity". I take no issue with people who are frugal with their words.