The other sites don't have their own forum... They all link to and share this forum, which was the whole reason for the "The Forgotten Network" board.. because the Network of sites that share the forum.. Which is also why there is a board for Grandia and Shadow Hearts (two of my favorite RPG series). However the Shadow Hearts site is definitely closing, I'd still like to keep the board. I'll draw in more fans for it sometime too. Probably when I put up Shadow Hearts content on Forgotten Memories website.

Ah, I bet I forgot to turn the Arcade back on after turning it off to add new games.. Hehe.

Yeah perhaps I should remove the FF11 board..

Erm.. as far as members on the forum.. yeah its lacking. But take the amount of visitors who visit the websites I own... and you'd get roughly 6,000 visitors a day. Almost 3,000 come from Forgotten Memories each and every day (even when its been inactive). So I am very shocked the forum doesn't receive more visitors. Currently the forum has around 600 visitors a day according to the stats.

@ Luneth... Mujklob wasn't spamming. He was replying to my post which answers various questions and then he had a few new questions which were all pretty much on topic (even if there isn't a specific topic to this thread.. err.. perhaps its how to better the forum?... Hehe).

Even if the site is getting around 3k a day, doesn't mean that people will go to the community and then instantly want to join. Most of the time, people just want a certain tidbit of information or graphic, and then leave. No one really cares about communities these days. It's content...then then they leave. Maybe something a bit more appealing might get them. -shrugs-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Morpheus

fm has come a long ways from the old dark fantasy days and i hope this place doesn't shut down cause it is pretty much the only online community i still sporadically visit. i think kratos touched upon a very valid point, people are more interested in the content than the community. popular sites/communities such as gamerenders gives you an incentive if you join, offering various cuts, renders, and tutorials to use. it is difficult for a place like fm, because there really isn't any "incentive" to join. obviously that's not how i feel, cause there are some good people that have been and still are here today.

i really feel that fm has evolved from basically a final fantasy oriented community to a more general rpg community i guess. but there are thousands of communities like fm and there has to be some appeal in order to keep new and old members interested and active. i think the strength of fm has always been the terrific quality of the active members here. i really don't have an answer to how fm should solve its lack of activity, because almost every community like fm has/had this problem, but in no way do i want to see fm disappear into thin air...

Paddy... those sites already share FM forums. =P

Kratos... I understand that.. I just figured more then what has come would have come. Hehe.

Morph... I agree. If we could regain some of our graphical users we could once again do more graphical battles, fill more request, offer renders, brushes, etc.. such as we once did. I would like to find some people who could do layouts to to help out with the layout requests people keep wanting.. but I only know of Semishadow (Ethan) and I who can.. and I don't usually have the time to do them for others.

I'd also like to get back to our original roots and get the roleplay section back on its feet and going great, but to do that we need more quality roleplayers and an improved board layout for the section.

I also need to finish the skin I'm working on.. but I'm still learning vB skinning.. and I have never been good at designing the buttons for the skin.. so if I could get help with that, then that would be great, because I'd really like to get a custom skin up and running.

Well, I'm still here, waiting for you to give me command of the RP forums. That is, if you still plan on doing so.

Also, does vBulletin make use of CSS for the layouts? Because if that's the case, then I've been getting much better at making layouts using CSS. To be honest, I think a really cool layout is what this forum needs, more than anything. It just looks so boring at the moment. :P

"(even if there isn't a specific topic to this thread.. err.. perhaps its how to better the forum?... Hehe)."

No! Um... It's about sending me cookies. Duh.

"Most of the time, people just want a certain tidbit of information or graphic, and then leave. No one really cares about communities these days. It's content...then then they leave."

Same deal in the Sims communities--most just want to download things, not talk on fora. All the fora are the same content-wise--it's the people that make it different. At one forum you have a bunch of snarky, cranky-ass people who are just as willing to attack each other as they are outsiders, and at one forum you have a bunch of people who do nothing but kiss each other's feet. Obviously, we should avoid either extreme. >.>

Anyway, I haven't the faintest about what grabs people's attention. I ended up here because the other forum I used to go to died or something, but I stayed because the people were interesting and there was some stuff to do (PMYC!!!!). *shrug* More community-centred activities/features on the forum would be nice--the newspaper deal, more contests, forum superlatives, et cetera. Though that stuff can wait until the pace picks up a little more.

I would definitely like to see the RP area be moderately alive again. Fo' sheezy.

Ah, I bet I forgot to turn the Arcade back on after turning it off to add new games.. Hehe.

Yeah perhaps I should remove the FF11 board..

Well, it's still the same message. And yes, you should remove it. :-]

Also, does vBulletin make use of CSS for the layouts?

You mean the skin?

It's really difficult to send you cookies through the internets, Bernie. Eh, I don't care about content or such. There are plenty of places that you can go to to get much more information than is on the Forgotten Memories homepage. I don't think Koby has much of a chance of competing, but he seems to always get plenty of traffic.

The newsletter thing was fun to read while it lasted. Eh, any community-oriented event is usually fun to some degree. It's something to do.

Arcade is turned on now so it should be working. There aren't many games for this arcade that I can find. :'( But I did add some more after I turned it off a while back.

Paddy you have now been made Roleplay Staff and have mod powers of the roleplay section boards.

I also added several new boards to the roleplay section, a very old guide, and I started a signup thread for a roleplay I will be adding again.. I bet alot of people remember it. (BoH - Border of Hell... Hehe)

Well I g2g.. I'll see about something more being done soon.

Ermmmm.. yeah you are right, FM is getting old and one of the admin does really get on my nerves atm.

*points at koga*

Really Koga what is your problem with me, I haven't been horrible to you and now you pick on me for no at all reason!

I'm not picking on you. I'm tired of hearing complaints about you and your conduct from multiple members. If I was picking on you, I would have banned you already. I've warned you before and you spam. I tell you to stop and I'm picking on you? Well I'm guilty as charged. That means I pick on everyone. I have no issue with you...except you spam and go off topic too much. I've warned you multiple times and you still do it. That's a damn slap in my face, and NO ONE does that to me. So now by continueing these action, you are being disrespectful to me and the FM community. I treat you no different than anyone else. And what I said still stand, you are on your last warning with me.

Well, since we do have an RPG system. Maybe it would be best to advertise and catch the attention of RPG and anime fans. I think they'd obviously would like the system more.

Why don't we just ban Luneth? that would solve all our problems wouldn't it? haha.

Anywho, i haven't been on much lately ,, mainly due to University & work.

I would've gone on more on the holidays, but no-one was posting.. i made some graphics and not many ppl posted. That's another thing i'd like to see in FM.

People who <3 graphics and are able to criticise them properly about how to do things and improve. Not just saying "omg. that looks awesome. <3, 10/10", etc.

Anyway, i'm currently at uni typing this up in the library. haha,,

so gotta go soon.

Also another contributor to my abscence would've been working ~35hours a week in the holidays. :/

damn annoying as well.

Well,, i'll t ry to stay active and such here.

It's great how we always have these kinda topics every now and then, which re-unites all our members together and then a few months down the track, we're back to being inactive.

Also i agree with you. Not much fun on the internet nowadays. I mostly play games. haha,,

I'm trying very hard to just ignore Luneth. =P

Let's have these topics more often then. Lighting fires under people's asses is always great fun. Maybe we can time it just right so that people won't leave for more than a day. =P

I don't look at graphics that often because I don't make them. Comments from the peanut gallery are so lame. I also suck at grading things. I'm a big fan of S/U.

ETA: Damn it, I am not a pyro.

Guest Morpheus

People who <3 graphics and are able to criticise them properly about how to do things and improve. Not just saying "omg. that looks awesome. <3, 10/10", etc.

*raises hand in agreement* i'm not much of a gfx artist anymore, but i'll try to help get the gfx section back up on its feet. tho, we really never had a lot of members who were really serious into gfx. thinking about it, you and nutz were prolly the two best gfx artists we've had over the years. i do know how you feel though about constructive criticism, would rather be criticized than told that my work is a perfect piece.

*raises hand in agreement* i'm not much of a gfx artist anymore, but i'll try to help get the gfx section back up on its feet. tho, we really never had a lot of members who were really serious into gfx. thinking about it, you and nutz were prolly the two best gfx artists we've had over the years. i do know how you feel though about constructive criticism, would rather be criticized than told that my work is a perfect piece.

haha yeah.

and about the part bout me and nutz being two best gfx artist we've had ... that just shows how FM has a lack of graphics artist. :|

Guest Morpheus
haha yeah.

and about the part bout me and nutz being two best gfx artist we've had ... that just shows how FM has a lack of graphics artist. :|

yeah...i think it's just difficult to get good gfx artists to join because most rather just join a gfx oriented forum and post there instead of posting their work here at fm.