What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

Well; it all started in the early 90's for me. It probably was broadcast in the U.S. late, but Ronin Warriors put anime on the map for me. Dragon Ball was on regular broadcast before it went to cable, so I was unable to follow that, but I watched Dragonball Z when I was in college. Dragonball Z 6th Season with Cell is my all time favorite. Then what really got me exploring the world of anime was the series of Bleach. The story of it was acceptable weren't for the filler's holding up the main story; but it had me from start to finish. Even couldn't wait for it to be dubbed in the states, so I started watching the Japanese version of the show. Then I started watching Ecchi anime and it open up a whole new world 'lol'.

Hi, for me as well, ti has begun in the 90's.

In France We had this tv show "Club Dorothée" in which you could watch sain seiya, city hunter, ken, ranma 1/2, drangon ball, etc.....

All of this was censored of course, I think that kid tv show of today are not as good as what we had the chance to se in our childhood.

• Like 1

The earliest foray I had was watching Robotech but it wasn't until years later that I learned about Macross/Southern Cross/Mospeada. In the meantime I'd started watching the Toonami block after school watching DBZ, Sailor Moon (I can admit it now), and Gundam Wing. My desire to watch more eventually lead to the deep dark world of fansubs and IRC and I've been more or less a lost cause ever since. There've been times when I've pretty much stopped watching anything, but I've always relapsed in the end.

My sister got me into anime,She kept reading manga books at a school that she went to and I went to as well after she went to the 9th grade,I fullly didn't undstand what anime and manga was at the time I was only in the 6th grade and I had no knowledge of it at all,my sister had Watched FullMetal Alchemist(2003 Ver.),Ouran High school Host Club,and Fruits Basket(Still her Fav animes as of today),The one show that got me into to Watching Anime/Reading Manga Was One Piece(Funimation Dub).Started from EP 1 when I was in the 7th grade and now I'm fully caught up with the Dub a few weeks ago,and recently Saw Film Gold as well.But long story short if it wasn't for One Piece and my Amazing Sister,My Love for Anime/Manga would have not existed as of right now.

• Like 1

1st time was seeing Digimon, Pokemon, Cardcaptors and Yu-Gi-Oh on tv and falling in love with both of them, so I looked up online what they were and read about anime and found other animes and became obsessed with finding more anime and continued till today, and now I watch alot of anime and love it along with mangas

Edited by PhantomKnight

Was really bored one day and talked to a girl on the bus home from highschool who i knew liked cartoons and asked her what she liked. She said she was watching something called Free!. After i went home and watched that it was all down hill from there. I used to use this shitty streaming website, www.animeseason.com/ , oh the nostalgia

On 1/26/2017 at 11:01 AM, Brave Heart said:

What got me sucked into anime..Huh ? Probably Watching ONE PIECE or NARUTO when i was in 8th or 9th Grade got me interested in the anime genre :D:big_smile:

why are you yelling their NAMES?

On 1/26/2017 at 10:55 PM, ludewick24 said:

Definitely DBZ, it was always an after school special. Then off course I had to start from the beginning in DB, and from there on I have been lost in the world of Anime

Do you like the Z or the original more?

On 1/27/2017 at 1:37 AM, Tanis said:

I feel so old looking at this thread.

I got sucked into thanks to 4kidz and the Vision of Escaflowne.

Then downloading 'Shadow Of Doubt' from this new thing called Napster.
xD

Escaflowne was on TV?

On 2/3/2017 at 3:05 PM, Tornado3000 said:

Pokemon and Neon Genesis Evangelion.  I saw NGE at a film festival once and fell in love with it.

What kind of film festival shows that?

On 2/4/2017 at 9:50 AM, PhantomKnight said:

1st time was seeing Digimon, Pokemon, Cardcaptors and Yu-Gi-Oh on tv and falling in love with both of them, so I looked up online what they were and read about anime and found other animes and became obsessed with finding more anime and continued till today, and now I watch alot of anime and love it along with mangas

You are a liar, if this is true then why do you have an Avatar avatar?

First anime I saw that left a mark on me was Akira ,on a rental VHS ,when I was 6-7 yeras old ( pretty brutal , didn't understood much of it, but love it) .Then, a short time after, saw Shounen Sarutobi Sasuke and Fist of the North Star  ( again on VHS) . Before that , I recall watching on TV Hello ! Sandybell .

Edited by Grundy
brain fart

On 2/5/2017 at 9:15 PM, teshro said:

Was really bored one day and talked to a girl on the bus home from highschool who i knew liked cartoons and asked her what she liked. She said she was watching something called Free!. After i went home and watched that it was all down hill from there. I used to use this shitty streaming website, www.animeseason.com/ , oh the nostalgia

why are you yelling their NAMES?

Do you like the Z or the original more?

Escaflowne was on TV?

What kind of film festival shows that?

You are a liar, if this is true then why do you have an Avatar avatar?

1st of alll Avatar is not an anime and 2nd of all what does that have to do with anything, I really like Avatar 

Edited by PhantomKnight

13 hours ago, PhantomKnight said:

Nope, my avatar is whatever I want it to be

Can't argue with that..

Personally, this officer in my WoW guild back in WotLK told me to watch DBZ on goodanime.net, I watched it, as well as DB and DBGT and then started finding my own shows. After Dragonball I moved to Kotoura-san which was definitely a big genre jump.

Edited by Kaneo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...