WTF Toonami & Adult Swim

TPlatt

Hi, I know its been years and all, but what dd ever happen with toonami. It seems to me ever since that cartoon skit was taken off the air, the anime and cartoons went downhill. And Adult Swim is great and all, I love the line up, but wheres the badass cartoons with all the language and violence???!!! WTF

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toonami will be missed along with the good ole days of Cartoon Network. Given what Toonami started showing towards the end I could tell its end was coming.

Adult Swim on the other hand....Geez, if it's not reruns of good animes then it's crap. I like Family Guy and Robot Chicken and all that, but how's about they actually get a new IP that won't disappear for months at a time.

• 3 months later...
TV in general is going south. Just look at what happened to the Disney Channel when that network stopped airing Cartoons.

QFT, I've been watching Toonami since I was six, and that was '99-01. Then there was some stuff that I just didn't really care for. No offense to anyone or anything but animes like Hikari No Go, Zatchbell, and whatnot did not really flicker my interests at all.

Personally I would like to see adult swim get its own network. That way it wouldn't have to be bound to child friendly shows like CN is. It could be Time Warner's version of an Animated Showtime or HBO and air some of the awesome anime adult swim really wants to air, like elfen lied, without it censored to a 5min episode. I don't see how they can spend money on an entire network for old canceled shows (Boomerang), and not see the value in having an adult only animation network.

• 7 months later...

Adult Swim is broken. They're aiming for the stoner/teen demo it seems, and not trying to get different people in. I think if they did this:

King of the Hill 9:00 and 9:30 PM

Family Guy 10:00

American Dad 10:30

Robot Chicken + Venture/ATHF/Squidbillies 11-12

Bleach 12 AM

Brotherhood 12:30

New stuff 1-2 AM.

Repeat like usual.

Pretty simple, varied stuff, able to adjust, different audiences would rejoice.