Highschool of the dead season 2?

idl12

Well lets hope the OVA continues, where the manga continues.

And I hope we'll get chapter 11 soon :D

The OVA does not continue the story it's going to be a side-story / filler, which I guess is alright considering they screwed over the series and made it seem like it was 100% filler even when it wasn't. First episode was fantastic, from there it was just shit. Yet I still have hope it can redeem itself.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where the rumor got started but there is no season two scheduled for sept. sorry to say.

But the next chapter of the manga comes out march 8 at least.

Also the reason why this thread has so many view because if you type in "highschool of the dead season 2?" in google this comes up second on the page.

I'm not sure where I read it either but I read somewhere that something was kind of aimed for post-september I believe. Overall I enjoy the anime, and I resorted to reading scanalations just so I could enjoy it some more the other day.

Though I don't really want to argue with Koby about how it's "shit" compared to the plot line of the manga - cause face it, generally anime versions of something tend to vear off to start loyal crowds - I can see why they resorted to so much fanservicing per say. I also noticed that in the anime a lot of the parts were quite off, but in a way they were logical for me.

Like episode 10? Where Takashi & Saeko go off in a "ATV" and float around in a river & then to a park/shrine. In the manga, I had just read up to it and stopped, The two both drive off in that same ATV after the EMP hit at the mansion area; the EMP goes off later in the anime - like episode 11/12 iirc.

That's also funny, that the forum's highest viewed thread shows up in google as a hit.

The OVA does not continue the story it's going to be a side-story / filler, which I guess is alright considering they screwed over the series and made it seem like it was 100% filler even when it wasn't. First episode was fantastic, from there it was just shit. Yet I still have hope it can redeem itself.

That's actually normal for a OVA correct? OVA's are usually short and brief side stories, filler as you noted, not an additional season to the series. Otherwise it wouldn't be labeled as an OVA, Right?

The manga was just on a delays/breaks... it has been several times since it actually started back in 2006. That's why there have only been 28 chapters in almost 5 years for a monthly released manga. I'm not too sure on the details why, but most of them were because the author couldn't get it together then he and his publishing company got into it with each other and so on. Though most of that was unconfirmed... I really don't care why the delays one way or another I just want the manga to actually come out at the pace it's suppose to at 12 times a year. Hopefully it at least comes out with 10 new chapters this year when it starts back up in March.

That is kind of interesting, the history as to it's origin. Though that is very surprising that the author is only so far after five years... HoTD would've turned a lot of heads back in '06, that was... like fifth or sixth grade for me and I think I was watching something like Fullmetal Alchemist back then. Everyone loves discriminating against zombies - plenty of people love anime, win win.

Not always, you can find OVA's that serve as either a prequel or sequel to a series such as the Darker than Black Gaiden OVA's which are prequels to season 2 or the Higurashi OVA series which is the final plot line of the series and comes after season 2 of Higurashi. Then you have OVA's like Hunter x Hunter that are simply labeled OVA because they didn't air on TV or something yet they are nothing more than a continuation because the series was cut due to catching up to the manga. You also have OVA's like Kiss x Sis which were made then became popular enough to warrant an alternate telling via a TV series.

OVA doesn't necessarily mean it's an original story separate from the canon story despite the fact that OVA stands for Original Video Animation.

• 3 weeks later...

Man i love this anime! it got everything!!! 1. Hot girls. 2. Boobs! 3. Zoooooombies :D

I pray to god that there will be a second season :D

btw, read on wikipedia a few days ago, "Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead OVA is scheduled to be released on April 26, 2011"

so maybe a season 2 in like september or in the middle of summer? :D

Well i dont know wether there is gona be a 2nd season or not (really hope so) but here is a trailer of Highschool of the Dead - Drifters of the Dead OVA,dont know what this is exactly but looks good

Interesting, At least I know what the OVA will be about; though it looks like it'll probably just be a filler "episode."

Man i love this anime! it got everything!!! 1. Hot girls. 2. Boobs! 3. Zoooooombies :D

I pray to god that there will be a second season :D

btw, read on wikipedia a few days ago, "Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead OVA is scheduled to be released on April 26, 2011"

so maybe a season 2 in like september or in the middle of summer? :D

I doubt it, I don't really know what people consider a "season" anymore. Like, lets say Bleach. I consider each "Story Arc" a season. Now if we translate that to HoTD; since the manga is limited (as it is not "complete") we can't really say there should be a season two.

Logically there should be but there's nothing stopping the author from trashing the idea and leaving the series/manga on a cliffhanger note. Coupled with the fact that was pointed out earliar - it's been approximately five years to get the manga where it is now; I wouldn't even consider this series half way done with what material we have from the manga. I don't want to be a prude and smash anyone's hopes or anything.

Also like Koby said, the OVA isn't the first episode to a "season 2." Generally OVA's are less then five episodes and are prequal/sequals to the main series so don't get your hopes up that high. At least think realistically.

That's kind of irrational, to automatically assume there will be a second season. I suppose its better to be too hopeful than hope too little but still, if they did make a "second season" with the material they have now - it would take god knows how long to make additional "seasons" after that.

I would have to agree with you, there should be a season two. I don't think thier going to just left it at the driving off in a hummer. I think they'll (if they make one) probably have them searching for whoever started the infection. Plus the Nurse's friend is probably going to reunite with her... Basically they could stretch it in to three seasons!

Can we just lock this thread before it gets out of hand with spam like post number 65 until we get an actual source or some information about whats going to happen with the show? Just a thought.

+1

That would be nice. Koby did mention to me once that this thread alone brings in the most google views because it's like the second hit when it's being searched in regards to a second season.

I also don't think it's necessary to see random users joining the forums just to post once in this thread about their belief that there should be a second season. I understand many people want it, but like you said - there's nothing left to discuss about it.

+1

That would be nice. Koby did mention to me once that this thread alone brings in the most google views because it's like the second hit when it's being searched in regards to a second season.

I also don't think it's necessary to see random users joining the forums just to post once in this thread about their belief that there should be a second season. I understand many people want it, but like you said - there's nothing left to discuss about it.

Just look at the views of the thread, over 30,000 and its all guests and new members just wanting to spread nonsense like hey my friend from blah blah blah found out there was a season 2 and OMGDFDSJRNDGJDWT its sweet.

People if there was any news about a second season, it wouldnt take long for everyone to know about it. Best place to keep up to date about the anime is ANN. Im pretty sure there are other places than can supply information when it arrives.

Unfortunately, I'm probably just going to be one of those people that posts once. I'm really liking this anime from what i've seen, the dub's only on ep 3 right now, but i might go over and watch the subs.

I'm thinking this HoTD might be a little like Air Gear and wait awhile (it took what, 3 years for the first OVA to come out?) for the extra animation, even though there is an OVA coming out in the next month. In that context, i'd agree that the creative team would go on an OVA schedule like Air Gear and skip through a lot of the manga to the important parts of the story. Even so, I'm really hoping that both series get a second season/continuation of the anime.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...