Slightly annoyed, so suggestion...

Maybe I'm the only one that is annoyed by this, but I would like to express my opinion that seeing newbies with barely 5 post submitting a request in the anime request forum is really annoying. It's like Gah! What a mooch >_>.

So I'd like to suggest maybe having a minimum post count to make requests? Maybe like 25 legit non-spam posts.

that's true so-chan, well quite frankly i use to be the same as those guys...i just joined the forum so that i could use the d-load section...but as time passed i grew to love this forum and all the people in it...except one...but anyways it is a good idea to have atleast 25 posts so that even though it's not much atleast we could stop mooches from joining the forum just to take advantage of the d-load section...

I honestly think it would be better if Koby started cleaning out the leeches.

Like just last night I was looking through here, and someone who joined in 2008 was on with only one post trying to get access to the download section once more...

Delete their accounts if that have not been active in a month or so and yeah...

Excellent suggestion Perso.

As far as making it so they can't post at all till then in the request section, hmm that is a little harder to pull off. It would require another usergroup and just making it so they can't access it until upgraded to another group when they reach it. One way to prevent that would be say, to up the amount of posts needed to gain access to the downloads section to the same amount that it takes to request. Though the simplest way is to just ignore or close requests made by those who don't follow the rules, with a bold statement in the description saying you need such and such posts to make a request.

As far as Mae's suggestion. I have done that on occasion, but it has also had bad results of deleting good friends who simply visit to check up but hardly ever posted. Such as Morpheus etc.. as I have noticed when looking through old posts, lots are by accounts that no longer exist. Not everyone who joins is necessarily here for the downloads such as another example, some of the other site webmasters who came to post about Forgotten Memories, or to PM me about something. I may eventually delete old users who aren't active again, but for now I'd rather not.

could i make a suggestion...well would it be possible to just monitor the request section and look at some of the request post and also to keep some of the new members in check...my point is for example...there's a new member and has well less than decent count of posts would it be possible just to say well just to keep an eye on them and see their interaction with the forum...but it will all be by your approval ko-kun

sounds like too broad of a brush...i mean, i'm new and i posted something in the request section, does that mean i shoudl be penlaized or warned in some way just cause i haven't been on that long?

No one is suggesting to penalize or warn new users for requesting. They are suggesting we don't allow new users to request at all until they contribute a little more activity to the forum. :/

(looking sheepish)addmittedly i also joined for the downloading side of things, but truthfully didnt find much that helped me in my quest for english dubbed shippuden, so i started watching subtitled eps. but its a good idea, i dont come on here reguarly(say once a week maybe) but i like seeing what other peoples favourite shows are

someone should really monitor the request section along with the post count of members to see their patterns...well it's not much of a plan cause i can't really put it into words but i could do it if ko-kun approves...

That does make sense being somewhat a newbie myself, there should be a sign that says you need 25 posts to make a request and download i think you should go through with it koby and go through the accounts that haven't been used in awhile and have only made small amounts of post and like give them a tiny warning or something idk

i was at one time messing with programing, but for what we'd need is a little complicated for me, i mean you'd have to program sub programs and make sure that the program didn't loop, and that would be hard. It could cause the site to crash.....so i wouldn't try. But i read in another post that koby has the ability to do that, So koby could....i guess.....>_>

why don't we try to monitor it using ms dos platform on it so it could monitor everything that's going on in the site but at this case we have to be specific and also use the that platform to link the sub forum as well as the post counts...i know it's kinda ambitious but in my opinion ms dos platform would be the most simple thing to use when it comes to monitoring the postcounts...

i was at one time messing with programing, but for what we'd need is a little complicated for me, i mean you'd have to program sub programs and make sure that the program didn't loop, and that would be hard. It could cause the site to crash.....so i wouldn't try. But i read in another post that koby has the ability to do that, So koby could....i guess.....>_>

I don't know where you read that. It's true I have some knowledge of several coding languages, everything I know was self taught with no schooling, but as far as doing that, I honestly wouldn't know where to begin, especially with vBulletin. I wouldn't mind possibly studying code in college though. We may have been using vBulletin since like 2007 or 2008, but I haven't really messed with it much to learn the ways of it. If it was Invision Power Board 1.3 then I could pretty much tell you what is what, and where it is, as I experimented with it a lot through the years, but we don't use it. =O

As it stands, unless there is already a mod for it in existence, or we pay for one to be made (which I will NOT do so that option is out of the question), then that idea is out of the water.