Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

It's like this:

I don't support ANYONE flying the conderate flag.

BUT!!!

I don't think it should be banned, as long as it's not on goverement land.

Wow, such intellect

Except....... wtf is conderate?

It's how an inbreed, sister porking, trailer trash, redneck says 'Confederate'.

:P

Honestly, at the end of the day, as long as a gay doesn't try to make me change my sexuality, I'm perfectly fine with them.

Granted I still don't like the thought of being gay(or bi-sexual[hopefully nobody will say "you should give bi-sexuality a try"])

I do hate the gay lifestyle(having sex with people of the same gender and so on). It has nothing to do with religion, nor was I taught that at an early age. I will say I have experimented(you get the point) while I was younger with both male and female(without my parents knowledge obviously). I ended up preferring the latter.

So no, I do not believe that we are inherently bi-sexual. As for the topic, again I stand by my conviction not to support gay marraiges. That doesn't mean gays are not being married. As for gay rights, well, gays are human beings. Animals have rights, and human lives are much more precious than animal lives. If you support animal rights but don't support people of a certain catagory to have human rights then you are on my hate list.

Gays deserve human rights as much the next person(who's straight). I only mentioned not supporting gay marraiges because..... I'm biased in that regard. I do not support the idea, but who can really deny these people that right? I certaintly can't.

For the record/clarity's sake, and assuming it was my comment that prompted this, I want to make sure you understand I said I believe most people to be bisexual to some degree with a minority percentage/fraction (call it 10-15% if you want, I don't claim to have a precise figure on this, as I do not believe there truly is a reliable one to use to date) at each polar end, either gay or straight, and that many who think they are straight or gay are in actuality a bit bi on either side whether they are aware or not of this and see/feel themselves to be either straight or gay despite this.  Most research tends to bear this out, although the arguments over nature versus nurture have a long ways to go.  You clearly are someone that falls into the polar end you do, and you know this not just from inference but from experience, and that is perfectly fine. 

I also, while clearly not sharing your vehemence on this agree with with your right to your POV, especially since you make very clear that you understand that your right to feel it is one thing, your right to impose it on others is another and wrong, and that for me makes you someone I wish I saw more of within the part of humanity that has such strong negative feelings on this general topic/issue.  Please understand, I am NOT being at all sarcastic with this, I really mean that.  You clearly are able to separate your own feelings from the need to impose them on everyone else regardless of the issues involved in doing so, and that is something I respect especially in those who do so with things they feel as strongly about as you clearly do this.

In any event, just wanted to make sure I was understood to not be saying all people are inherently bisexual, because I do not believe that, nor has my experience nor my readings into sexual behaviour research shown that to be true.  Most, yes, that I believe is reality, yet there are clearly strong polar groupings of pure straight and gay out there too, and to not include that in one's view of humanity is in my view not only shortsighted but fundamentally flawed/wrong.

BTW, thanks also for having such strong opinion divergent from others here and yet expressing it civilly, while not being any sort of moderator here I am a long time site user of many years and I appreciate seeing this sort of conduct, especially in such an emotionally charged topic.  It is easy to remember to complain when those offend with rudeness, it therefore seems to me important to note favourably when something could have done so yet clearly was written/said in a manner not to, while conveying a clear point of view held with conviction, and one that may not be the more popular one in the conversation at the time.  That is something I believe deserves as much credit as does those who fail this standard deserve chastisement.  IT may only be my own opinion, but there you go.

• Like 2

Uh, that's a big pill to swallow, lol.

Oh hey! I've gotten some silly offensive comments by gays regarding my bisexuality, they're pretty enjoyable. "Not gay enough", "You shouldn't be able to participate in pride", "Bis are too wishy washy". I live in Edmonton, which I'd regard as pretty liberal in my experience but there's close mindedness everywhere you go and from everyone, weird shit yo.

I think we have a right to comment, the Conservative party may oppose gay marriage and abortion rights, they haven't done it (I don't think they plan to either), it's just a position they have that they aren't going to change. Well abortion rights they might actually do if they get re-elected (I fucking hope not) but gay rights I don't think they'll ever do. It's too unpopular to get rid of them, and gay marriage rights was enacted in '07, it's too soon to really change it.

That being said, Harper is a giant fuckwad who should've been charged for his political rigging and actually have some competition from parties. God, it's so stupid that he got re-elected last term, I voted Libs even though I hated the Liberal rep, atleast he wasn't Harper. I'm voting NDP, since Trudeau is wishy washy and Harper is a asshole. I hate Harper, he's the least Canadian, Canadian. 

There's close minded people all the time. I'm married to a man, and I have a girlfriend, her parents don't know and we're going to come out pretty soon, her mom is pretty bigotted so we don't know how it'll go. Especially considering I'm married. No matter where you are, I tend to think online people are fairly open since most of the users are a younger generation, which tend to be sort of liberal. From my experience a lot of Canadians are open to the idea of gays and stuff like that, at least from Edmonton to Northern Alberta (not sure about Calgary and the like). For the 'texas of Canada', that's pretty neat. 

Oh, I never said we couldn't comment at all, but we should be careful of how we do so, because I really do see this a bit on the throwing rocks in glass houses level, which is why I said what I did.  Sure, we have been better at it, and clearly our society came to acceptance faster both in the courts and more broadly, but there is still a long ways to go yet and in some ways the traditional non-confrontational Canadian attitude, the politeness mentality makes us seem like we are even better than our American neighbours who are quite clearly fundamentally more confrontational and conflict oriented as a culture than we are and it shows in issues like this as much as anywhere else.  That is what I was getting at there.

I also agree that it is political poison for Harper to try and do anything on gay marriage at this late date, assuming it could withstand Charter challenge without use of the Notwithstanding clause.  I think he has a better chance with abortion, but only by a few hairs, which is over-alll not much of one at all, after all ever since the Senate killed the Mulroney government's attempt to re-regulate via the criminal code abortion we have had no criminal abortion laws since the Morgantaler decision, indeed none at all aside from standard medical codes, and that has been true almost 30 years now, changing that would be almost as hard even though there are clearly stronger feelings within our culture for it than it appears SSM can muster anymore.

I was also one of those early voices warning about what Harper truly was and what he was really after from well before his murder of the PCPC with Traitor MacKay (I described him to family and friends as Dick Cheney without the principles, because they both followed the same political philosophy, but Cheney actually practiced what he preached more than Harper, scary as that is), but for me I cannot forgive the NDP leadership  for knowing what he was and yet seeing him as the lesser evil than the Liberals, be they Chretein, Martin, Dion, or even that total POS Ignatief.  I watched in increasing horror as the one party I used to trust the most to defend us from a right wing extremist instead worked with and ENABLED him to gain and hold power.  My wife was a hard core Dipper for all of her life until Layton made these choices and now she is hard core Lib Red, me I was always a centrist swing voter, I used to vote NDP. Lib, or PCPC depending on the election, leaders, and local candidates and issues, I have never had any partisanship, the closest I've ever had is my belief that Harper had to be stopped at all costs.

So I have a hard time with the idea that the NDP should be allowed to profit from selling all of us out for power, and worse, the fact that the entire leadership of the federal NDP went along with this makes me seriously question their integrity and their judgment.  The choices they made over the last decade were repeatedly rooted in expediency first and their own electoral lust for power, not in principles, values, and such as the NDP used to be and likes to pretend still is.  I also find Mulcair a lot more expediency driven than Layton was (Layton I believe planned on using power for NDP traditional ends, but his means precluded that possibility, yet another victim of well meaning placing ends justifying means, but Mulcair, him I don't have that sense of), and the fact he was willing to work for the Harper government either as a consultant or worse as a candidate whichever you believe even after Harper had been in power for over a year and shown exactly what he was to any political observer with any sense at all, well that raises major red flags for me too. 

Not to mention he claims that it wasn't until he understood Harper's pov on Kyoto that he decided the CPC wasn't for him, this despite the Harper position on Kyoto being "perfectly clear" from literally before he became PM.  So I find it hard to believe he is truly NDP at his heart in the old sense, and I find it hard to understand why so many NDP supporters fail to see something I find very obvious about him.  It would be one thing if they saw it but forgave it, but they don't even want to see it, and that kind of willful blindness scares me wherever I see it, ESPECIALLY in those seeking power.

As for Trudeau, he is a bit younger and less experienced than I would prefer for the job, but he has shown significant leadership ability despite the best attempts of his political foes to show him otherwise.  Consider, his party was literally written off as dead after 2011.  It was beaten, broke, and seen as shattered as a political force for at least a generation if it didn't disappear altogether.  Yet within a couple of years of becoming leader the party is back with a vengeance, a real potential contender for government in this election, financially fundraising second only to the CPC machine and far outstripping the NDP in that respect despite the NDP being Official Opposition and with a much larger grass roots community to fundraise from unlike the Libs who up until Martin's last days (when he changed this) had mainly larger donators and corporations, and until Trudeau became leader kept falling further and further behind financially.  He also brought in several hundred thousand new members to the Libs in his leadership race and kept most of them afterwards and turned many into full card carrying members, also a fairly impressive feat let alone for a party in such ruin.

They also have had massive candidate battles nationally, far more than the other parties and not by a small margin.  Trudeau has rebuilt from the ground up shattered constituency and riding offices nationally for the Libs, all signs of someone able to run a national organization and rebuild from shattering losses, something I fear Canada will need in the wake of a Harper defeat.  Trudeau has also managed to generate more than a little loyalty from those that have sided with him (I mean those that followed him into the Libs, not because they were Libs already), sure his name opens the door for him for many, but his own ability keeps him in the room for them, and while yes currently the NDP are the leading party it isn't by all that much and I honestly think it was C51 more than anything else, and whether that is enough for an entire election well we will see.

At this point I am mainly favouring the Libs because for all their faults and sins, they have the best leadership team in caucus for fixing the Harper disasters the next government will HAVE to deal with, and they also have a vast amount of institutional experience to draw on, and I believe that will be extremely needed in the wake of Harper the Destroyer and Salter of the Scorched Earth where our government and governing institutions are concerned.  I could (and do) wish for more overall maturity/experience from Trudeau, but I find him and his party the least objectionable of the two main choices for the reasons I listed, and I am more willing to trust in them to be competent in dealing with the disasters awaiting whomever follows the Harper Government into power, because as bad as we all think it is, I am convinced we are seeing only the iceberg tip of much worse damage than we know or can know until the Harper cone of silence is removed from Ottawa.

Sorry, hadn't meant to do a political diatribe here, but my feelings about all this are very firm and strong and I guess it shows here.  The most important thing is the removal of Harper, I just have a preference in which way it gets done.  If it is Mulcair it will still be a vast improvement if only for the stopping of the ongoing destruction, I just do not think he will be as "progressive" as his supporters want to believe based on his overall history in politics.  In this I am reminded of how so many liberals in the US expected Obama to be the great liberal hope especially over the archfiend Hilliary in the primaries yet once he came to power those most upset in the end aside from the racists were those liberals who felt they were sold out.  I expect the same in the event of a Mulcair win from our liberals/progressives.   I also have a problem with those who create a horror/disaster situation profiting from it, which is also how I see a NDP win being.

I'll admit I have one not so nice reason for wanting a Trudeau as opposed to Mulcair win over Harper, Harper HATES all things Trudeau both father and son, and for him to lose power to Trudeau the younger, well I can think of few things more likely to eat away/burn at Harper on the inside, and after all the pain he has done me, Canadians, and Canada more broadly I find that notion appealing.  Not a nice nor most typically Canadian sentiment, I know, but there you go.  Harper has angered and pained me that much.

Anyways, I leave it at that, if you really want to have extended discourse on Canadian federal politics and/or the upcoming fall election we should create a forum for it than continue in this one.  Up to you.

P.S.  In case it wasn't already obvious, I am not pithy nor someone that favours TL:DR, I am very old school in my writing and thinking in not sentences but paragraphs in how I discuss things.  I know it isn't very modern, and I'll never be on Twitter because of it, but it is a fundamental part of who I am.  Sorry if you find it a bit much.  I do try to make sure I break up my writings enough in paragraphs to keep it readable as opposed to massive unbroken walls of text, which I know even I find difficult to read through when I encounter them.

Edited by Bluenoser
  • Like 1

For the record/clarity's sake, and assuming it was my comment that prompted this, I want to make sure you understand I said I believe most people to be bisexual to some degree with a minority percentage/fraction (call it 10-15% if you want, I don't claim to have a precise figure on this, as I do not believe there truly is a reliable one to use to date) at each polar end, either gay or straight, and that many who think they are straight or gay are in actuality a bit bi on either side whether they are aware or not of this and see/feel themselves to be either straight or gay despite this.  Most research tends to bear this out, although the arguments over nature versus nurture have a long ways to go.  You clearly are someone that falls into the polar end you do, and you know this not just from inference but from experience, and that is perfectly fine. 

I also, while clearly not sharing your vehemence on this agree with with your right to your POV, especially since you make very clear that you understand that your right to feel it is one thing, your right to impose it on others is another and wrong, and that for me makes you someone I wish I saw more of within the part of humanity that has such strong negative feelings on this general topic/issue.  Please understand, I am NOT being at all sarcastic with this, I really mean that.  You clearly are able to separate your own feelings from the need to impose them on everyone else regardless of the issues involved in doing so, and that is something I respect especially in those who do so with things they feel as strongly about as you clearly do this.

In any event, just wanted to make sure I was understood to not be saying all people are inherently bisexual, because I do not believe that, nor has my experience nor my readings into sexual behaviour research shown that to be true.  Most, yes, that I believe is reality, yet there are clearly strong polar groupings of pure straight and gay out there too, and to not include that in one's view of humanity is in my view not only shortsighted but fundamentally flawed/wrong.

BTW, thanks also for having such strong opinion divergent from others here and yet expressing it civilly, while not being any sort of moderator here I am a long time site user of many years and I appreciate seeing this sort of conduct, especially in such an emotionally charged topic.  It is easy to remember to complain when those offend with rudeness, it therefore seems to me important to note favourably when something could have done so yet clearly was written/said in a manner not to, while conveying a clear point of view held with conviction, and one that may not be the more popular one in the conversation at the time.  That is something I believe deserves as much credit as does those who fail this standard deserve chastisement.  IT may only be my own opinion, but there you go.

Finally someone who understands. I always feel the need to convey my thoughts about these subjects, but if you are not on the favourable side then people automatically will be sickened by you and think you are just a biased gay hater.

The message I was trying to convey is that I'm not. I am glad that there people willing to respect other peoples opinion, whether they support it or not. I personally hate comments like "Gays are the scum of the earth", "Gays should all die", Gays are disgusting and should not be considered human".

BTW I can see you are not being sarcastic in your post, or if you are then you sarcasm is one to be marvelled XD

Uh, that's a big pill to swallow, lol.

[...]

[...]

P.S.  In case it wasn't already obvious, I am not pithy nor someone that favours TL:DR, I am very old school in my writing and thinking in not sentences but paragraphs in how I discuss things.  I know it isn't very modern, and I'll never be on Twitter because of it, but it is a fundamental part of who I am.  Sorry if you find it a bit much.  I do try to make sure I break up my writings enough in paragraphs to keep it readable as opposed to massive unbroken walls of text, which I know even I find difficult to read through when I encounter them.

Oh, okay I see what you mean about the right to comment thing now. I didn't mean to really sound superior to Americans, if it did come across that way, I just find it odd that it took so long for that decision to come around. Glad it did regardless. 

I don't really want to talk about too much about the Federal election, because honestly, reading over your post made me realize.. I know jack shit. I have to look more into the NDP and Libs when it gets closer to voting season but I'm very frightened that it might be similar to the UK election or last election where the votes are split amongst the two other parties and the Conservatives come out on top. That being said Trudeau does have a presence and is saying the right things.. sometimes, he's a much better candidate than the last one. I have to look into the NDP more this term cause I actually liked the stuff Layton was saying last time when he ran, but that might be because he was saying the opposite of what Harper was saying. All the election coverage should start in the fall, that way I can read into it some more. Thanks for opening my eyes. ;b

I did read your whole post but I don't have much to comment with since I'm not 100% familiar.. unfortunately. Actually, I'm really curious what my fellow Albertans will vote. Since the Conservative party was so unpopular, Liberals might as well not have existed and fuck Wildrose for their.. 'term'. I'm wondering if that NDP momentum will continue into the federal election.

Yeah, I'm in 100% agreeance that Harper HAS to go, he's an affront to Canada in my eyes, destroying many important programs, stiffing scientific research for dollars, and generally not embodying what I think a Canadian should be (stupid reason, I know, but it counts for something to me..). 

I said big pill to swallow, because it was. I don't find it overwhelming, I love large discussions like this, especially ones I can participate in.

Finally someone who understands. I always feel the need to convey my thoughts about these subjects, but if you are not on the favourable side then people automatically will be sickened by you and think you are just a biased gay hater.

The message I was trying to convey is that I'm not. I am glad that there people willing to respect other peoples opinion, whether they support it or not. I personally hate comments like "Gays are the scum of the earth", "Gays should all die", Gays are disgusting and should not be considered human".

BTW I can see you are not being sarcastic in your post, or if you are then you sarcasm is one to be marvelled XD

Sorry Limmi if you found me condescending, I was really just trying to understand, I got it know though. And yeah, absolutes suck, absolutely.

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 1

Sorry Limmi if you found me condescending, I was really just trying to understand, I got it know though. And yeah, absolutes suck, absolutely.

Not really you. I have posted here before(quite frequently in fact).

You've actually been one of the more understanding types in this thread. Can't say the same for others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I personally couldn't care less. It's not my business or my relationship and unless it affects my personal daily life in a negative way, I don't waste my time worrying about it. If someones gay then so be it, I don't care unless they try to get me to be gay with them.

I don't support it, but I have nothing against it either. To me it's not an issue or worth even worrying about. That's their life and their choices to make with it unless it's going to ruin my life somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

I am against it, well no offense to gays and I am sorry.

well I do have gay friends as well, its not that i don't want them to be happy.
I just do not want the world to be a mess(well its already been, like forever). 
I think it will be another catastrophe, though I can say its already starting, slowly and surely it will be a world problem. 
That what I see. lol.

I am against it, well no offense to gays and I am sorry.

well I do have gay friends as well, its not that i don't want them to be happy.

I just do not want the world to be a mess(well its already been, like forever). 

I think it will be another catastrophe, though I can say its already starting, slowly and surely it will be a world problem. 

That what I see. lol.

I fail to see gay rights becoming a world issue..? Are gays dangerous?

meh, let the babies have their bottles.

Sooner or later, they'll probably demand unisex toilets because one of them considers themselves a male/female, and then we've got another agenda on our hands. :rolleyes:

And don't say it won't happen :P

Hey man, unisex toilets are gnarly as fuck. I recommend everyone experience it, cause at that point you realize that people are making a big deal out of nothing. Well, as long as you have the maturity to handle it. I mean they already kind of exist on some level (family bathrooms).

As for trans rights, opinions will vary much more than people on gay rights.. Rather not open up that can of jars.

Edited by Natalie

I fail to see gay rights becoming a world issue..? Are gays dangerous?

Of course they are. Murder, crime and all sorts of bullshit gays do. They are extremely dangerous and they also rape women

Wait..............

Wait, do you mean wait as in it's not happening or that it is?

Cause I mean, I'm raping someone's woman as I type this out. And committing murder, and a whole litany of felonies. Not necessarily on the same woman though, that's kinda messed up.

I think a trigger warning is appropriate, even if I placed it after, #whoopsies.

Edited by Natalie

Adopted Kid: "Dad, Mom Dad, where do babies come from?"

Dad 1: "Well, when a Man and a ...um......hold on a sec"

That'd still be applicable. Sex and gender are considered different things. Sex would be something someone is biologically (XY, XX chromosome), and gender would be whatever gender you feel you identify as. Explaining this to a child wouldn't be too difficult (although you'd mention this when they're capable to understand the nuances). "Sex is what you were born with, and gender is what gender you want to be".

As far as explaining stuff to young kids, kids are very open, before you instill your own values to them. I've explained my bisexuality/poly stuff to my own kids and other people's kids and most, if not, all the kids are okay with it. Some of them think it's cool. My kids are pretty alright with it, although maybe more superficially? It just means they get presents from their 'aunt' Robyn ;b . They like her though, they like hanging around her when she's around.

My kids aren't at the age yet where they have 'the talk', but I'm 99% sure it'll go just fine. I might have to in a couple years since my oldest will be turning 9 in may (!!).

Trans stuff complicated yo, it's scientifically sound.. for now. There's very few studies with it and the few there are support for it, but there's not enough. I have 0 problems with it and I sympathize. I get people's misunderstandings about it because there's not a lot of people who know about it, or understand it. But there's a lot of hate for them even when it's disguised as "idgaf, as long as you don't flaunt it". I really dislike the homophobic/trans-phobic(is that a word) comments because just because they don't understand, isn't a reason to incite hate, it should be a venue or learning tool to try and 'get it' and maybe empathize a bit. Those type of people don't understand gay or trans people, the same way I don't understand those people. It's not like gay or trans people are destroying or shattering the planet, nor are they diminishing the quality of your life (which, if they are, I think you might need to check yourself).

I really really hate when the cite the bible or religion as a reason. There's sooooo many reasons why you should not use the bible to justify it. The couple verses about god not liking gays is in the old testament, contrary to that, the new testament is 100% about loving thy neighbor, and forgiveness. Let's not forget any other inconsistencies the bible may have or cherry picking these people do. It's really strange how these people twist and warp their faith to justify whatever they feel like.

imo kinda off topic but the only thing I haaate about the LGBT community is their cliques/random hate against trans or bisexuality and fucking tumblr. It's pretty abhorrent when gay people hate straight people and call them 'cis scum'. That's not helping any cause, and it's pretty ridiculous.

Uh, for the record this is pretty much me rambling because I have a lot to talk about. Also I don't necessarily hate people who are homophobic or transphobic, but I think they're incredibly misguided, jaded, or misunderstanding. As long as you're civil about it.. I will be too. I mean, there's a lot of outside forces influencing a lot of opinions and some people will never change their opinion, which will hopefully change in future generations..

ok I'm done. k bye. OH YEAH WOOPS I OPENED UP THE TRANSGENDER CAN OF JAR MY BAD IDGAFFFFFFFFFFFF

Edited by Natalie

Not 4chan. That 'identify as x' transgender/race/whatever shit is from tumblr bloggers, most being mentally ill and/or unstable. InternetAristocrat did a great series called Tumblrisms. Check it out.

To answer the 'gay rights?' thing: I don't give a shit. Just don't expect me to treat gays differently or attempt to make me conform to what is 'socially acceptable'.

Obviously you are too stupid to talk too if you are going to act like that -_-

I'm not gonna bother answering to a little brat like you, you speak like a fucking 4channer and you are obviously immature for a grown woman. Why don't you just leave, saves us the trouble.

Lol, wow I'm genuinely surprised by this reaction.

What exactly do you consider what I said so offensive as to call me stupid, a brat, a 4 channer and immature? I'm genuinely curious.

The only thing I can imagine someone taking the wrong way is the religious stuff. Otherwise the other stuff I'd say, is pretty kosher, correct me if I'm wrong.

I get disagreeing but this reaction is something else whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaa dude. No offense but you really didn't have to reply like a jerk about it, those aren't very nice things to say about someone you barely know off the internet. Which is even funnier cause we know about each other on a couple other of forums (in actuality I don't know much about you tbh, I know about you though).

Oh yeah, did you mean my previous post before that one? I get that, that one was kinda immature and a tad more offensive in content. But given context, one is clearly as sarcasm and the other is my real thought process. Regardless, my bad about that one if that offended you. I really don't get it dude, idk.

lmfao someone removed the post, for good reason. At least I know to avoid speaking directly to Phaz0n. Unfortunate too, I was really looking forward to his reply.

Not 4chan. That 'identify as x' transgender/race/whatever shit is from tumblr bloggers, most being mentally ill and/or unstable. InternetAristocrat did a great series called Tumblrisms. Check it out.

To answer the 'gay rights?' thing: I don't give a shit. Just don't expect me to treat gays differently or attempt to make me conform to what is 'socially acceptable'.

I'd argue that it isn't a tumblrism, but that's dependent on your perspective I guess.. I don't really like the tumblr community, and for a cynic like me, it genuinely makes me cringe seeing the amount of positivity and weird lingo on there. I'm willing to accept anyone as long as it doesn't effect me and is a positive move for the person involved. Albeit I'm generally a pretty open person.

I don't think anyone expects people to treat someone gays differently, like someone else mentioned, it should be normalized to the point where it's not a big deal at all. Atleast, I don't think the LGBT community should be granted special privileges. No one really deserves special treatment, just equal treatment and opportunity.. 

Just rereading this, what would 'socially acceptable' mean to you? How do you see it? What would make it so you don't want to conform to what's 'socially acceptable'?

Slight correction on my brief explanation of what trans is to a child.

"Sex is what you were born with, and gender is what gender you feel you are".

Edited by Natalie