Gay Rights?

Koby

Do you support gay marriage?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support gay marriage?

I dont support gay marragies. I am glad it is against the law. Also the Bible talks about it being wrong and that is another reason why I dont believe in it. But hey that is what I think.

The bible says it clearly? Please, find me the versicle cause I want to read it.

As far as I know the church is against it on its 'free will' (which I respect but do not agree with), because I do not remember seeing this written on the bible. Of course, I may not have read the part it's written, because although I try to read it even being atheist, the bible is quite big...

Anyway, I support it for a very simple reason: I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. They are human like everyone else and should have the same freedom others do to have relationships out of will and not out of obligation. And don't come with that 'it's not natural'. War for instance is not natural and much worse than gay marriage, worry with that before worrying with a small matter like gay marriage and let people be happy.

I support it. It doesn't bother me if guys or girls want to marry someone from the same gender. Sure it might not be approved of in SOME religions, but I'm not part of those religions. It's like what the Declaration of Independence says: "Life, Liberty and the Persuit of Happiness" It's in the Declaration, so technically it's allowed.

I support gay marriage. There is nothing wrong with seeing two men or two women getting married. It's their choice, and if they love each other, then that's all that matters. Marriage is about love, not about race, or color, or sexual orientation. This reminds me of how it was forbidden in families to get wedded to someone of a different race. Than goodness that's gone now. Getting married to someone of the same sex is no different.

See look at the difference in generations.

20 Years ago if you said this, everyone of these responses would have been something along the lines of "hell no"

Our generation ahs a very liberal view, and i think thats because we are learning so much younger to make our own disicisions.

Now is being gay a decusion? Hmmm I would have to say its not... My cousins have always been femanine from as long as i can rember. They're best friends were always girls, they were always very "Fashion Savy".

I think those against gay marriage has never ahd anyone near and dear who is homosexual. Its not a choice, but its no a birth defect... Its a natural born way of life.

I dont support gay marragies. I am glad it is against the law. Also the Bible talks about it being wrong and that is another reason why I dont believe in it. But hey that is what I think.

The bible says it clearly? Please, find me the versicle cause I want to read it.

As far as I know the church is against it on its 'free will' (which I respect but do not agree with), because I do not remember seeing this written on the bible. Of course, I may not have read the part it's written, because although I try to read it even being atheist, the bible is quite big...

Anyway, I support it for a very simple reason: I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. They are human like everyone else and should have the same freedom others do to have relationships out of will and not out of obligation. And don't come with that 'it's not natural'. War for instance is not natural and much worse than gay marriage, worry with that before worrying with a small matter like gay marriage and let people be happy.

If you were to go to a Islamic nation, they'd just plain kill you for being gay. Though I do not agree with them.

I am however against it. Where does the bible go against it?

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version)

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:27 in the New International Version reads:

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

I'm not gay, but I'm not a gay-o-phobic or w/e. Meaning I'm not afraid of them. I feel that if they want to get married or be gay then thats their right and their freedom and we shouldn't interfere or stop them.

i'm not anti-religious,i'm not gay-phobic, i'm not gay. But i truly believe that how do we know for a fact that the bible is 100% gods written work?! all it takes is one person adding that one little sentence into the bible saying "It Is A Sin To Be Gay" all it takes is that one little sentence to change peoples minds about gays... So There For i back up Koby's statement, the only person that should choose whether or not gay is wrong is GOD himself, otherwise if they choose to be gay its there 100% choice. And If They Truly Love Each Other Then They Should Get Married, its the same as a guy/girl just different how they have sex... why should they be scrutinized?

I don't see why you are saying it is BS when it has been proven that is one of the major causes of it.

Says Who? Not all people prove things the same way. Example: Show a kid a video of some new baseball bat being used to hit random objects. Put them in a room with that bat, and other toys. The kid will probably get the bat and start hitting things with it. Some researchers use this technique to get their side of the argument/discussion/whatever proven. However, if you don't show the kid the video, and just put them in the room of toys, that still has the bat in plain sight, they won't use it in the same way.

Back on topic. Homophobic? No. Gay/lesbian? As if. But just because the Bible says "Being gay is a Sin" doesn't mean it changes everything. Not everyone reads the Bible, goes to church, or is a Christian (Using this term broadly) of any type. Yes, some people who support gay marriage are Christian, and yes, they may read the Bible, but that does not change their opinion of the topic. Another side of this would be the fact that other religions may not mind that gays want to get married. Not all religions are like Christianity, they might get some of their foundation ideas from them, but they aren't the same.

Says Who? Not all people prove things the same way. Example: Show a kid a video of some new baseball bat being used to hit random objects. Put them in a room with that bat, and other toys. The kid will probably get the bat and start hitting things with it. Some researchers use this technique to get their side of the argument/discussion/whatever proven. However, if you don't show the kid the video, and just put them in the room of toys, that still has the bat in plain sight, they won't use it in the same way.

Back on topic. Homophobic? No. Gay/lesbian? As if. But just because the Bible says "Being gay is a Sin" doesn't mean it changes everything. Not everyone reads the Bible, goes to church, or is a Christian (Using this term broadly) of any type. Yes, some people who support gay marriage are Christian, and yes, they may read the Bible, but that does not change their opinion of the topic. Another side of this would be the fact that other religions may not mind that gays want to get married. Not all religions are like Christianity, they might get some of their foundation ideas from them, but they aren't the same.

i never said that all people that read the bible will abide by that sentence, i'm just saying thats the way some of the bible readers will asimilate too... i know this because my uncle is a huge religious nut, and he told me about all this and got all pissed at me because i told him the exact same thing, that "The Bible Isn't God's 100% Written Work" i bet there have been so many alteration to the bible who knows whats real and fake...

I refuse to read the bible or listen to sermons.. why? Because it is known that throughout history the Christian's have changed the bible to fit their needs and believes, to the amount that almost every word is been written by them and it has no meaning to me anymore. If I were to read a bible it'd have to be over several thousands of years old to where I knew it hadn't been altered in any way from god's words.

I dont see why you are saying it is BS when it has been proven that is one of the major causes of it.

Actualy thats a fictional fact... Just because they traced it back to a gay Airline Attendant (who they believe picked it up in africa) that then spread between the homosexual world

Though in no way is it a "gay" desiese... and just as much transfer of HIV/Aids is done through straight sex in africa... so i dont see how you can say that

I refuse to read the bible or listen to sermons.. why? Because it is known that throughout history the Christian's have changed the bible to fit their needs and believes, to the amount that almost every word is been written by them and it has no meaning to me anymore. If I were to read a bible it'd have to be over several thousands of years old to where I knew it hadn't been altered in any way from god's words.

Many people believe what you just said. What do you say to the countless of original manuscripts of the bible found, translated, and compared with todays bible. It has been discovered that of the 125,000 claimed mistakes in the bibles by translation, less than 400 are legit, and those 400 are words that mean the same thing as the word we translate it in today. People believed that the bible was translated so many times that it has been distorted. This is a lie. The modern Bible today has been translated from the original greek and latin language. If compared, it shows that the bible has not been changed as alot of people believe.

Yes, he loves them too. Now...me? That's another story. I don't hate them...but I don't associate with them too much. If you went to my HS, you'll see why no one really hung out with them. They didn't need anyone else anyway. There was too many. They could have made a gang in the school.

EDIT: WOW........*punches younger self*

Edited by Koga

If you were to go to a Islamic nation, they'd just plain kill you for being gay. Though I do not agree with them.

I am however against it. Where does the bible go against it?

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version)

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:27 in the New International Version reads:

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Thanks for finding the versicles. Not that they convince me because the bible is not a holy book to me, but it's good to know what it says so I can base my arguments better. ^^

well see if u watch "Real World: Austin"

A Black Christian Guy(Straight) and A White Christian Guy(Gay)

they started out by saying in the christian bible it says "Its Gay To Be Sin"

so that right there can sway alot of ppl that are really into religion, thats why i brought this into the conversation...

Yah, As i said: My cousin has always been feminine for as long as i can rember. He ahs barbies when he was little, wore button up shirts to school. His best friends where girls, and this was all in elementary school. So i do believe that you were born with it... though not to say that homosexuality is in anyway a birthdefect or something along thoose lines