Anime or Manga?

Koby

Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better? Anime or Manga?

• 4 weeks later...

While both genres have greatly grown on me in the last few years I have found myself more drawn to Anime because of the rich colors, diversity, and the differences in it that are just not represented in Manga. I own several manga (primarily Warcraft ones) that just are not as enjoyable as seeing Sailor Moon or Sasami fighting some creature. While manga can be fun because you can become the character and fill in your own gaps due to imagination Anime just is more visually appealing to me.

Manga just ruins action scenes for me, I don't know why it just doesn't play out right in my head or something. For that I definitely prefer Anime, though if it is a series with next to no fight scenes... That still ended up being good, I wouldn't mind Manga.

i only read a few reply's to this trend so idk if this was asked yet, but if you someone who reads the manga then watch's the anime (and let me add that ur with someone who just watches the anime only) do u state what is different or added in the anime that wasn't in the manga? i want to start reading some mangas but i just haven't got around to it, and i have a friend who is reading Bleach & Shippuden so whenever i watch a ep with him hes always running it for me by saying stuff like "that didn't happen in the manga". (then he continues to tell what was in the book tell i tell him to shut up) or "they made that so much longer in the anime, it wasn't that long of a fight in the book". so does anyone know ppl who do this, or is my friend just a jack ass who likes to spoil things for me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, tough call, I grew up with the anime and only started with the manga a few years ago. I'd have to say Manga though, I've found several that the anime doesn't do justice for such as Negima, Venus Versus Virus, Fruits Baskets, and so on. I still like to watch the anime just as much but some cases the manga is far better then the anime.

• 4 months later...

I like the manga cause you know it's always what the author intended it to be. With the anime, you always get fillers and things the author can't control, and it gets out of hand. Just like the first FMA anime, that was a complete disaster. Brotherhood is really good, but I still prefer manga of anime any day. Also..... the books smell good XD

How can people chose manga over anime?

Yeah I get it mangas are more complete and all. But IMO, It's somewhat the same as picking a CD over a USB. this is just another proof how technology is getting better and better, and I think this is just one of those transitions that are difficult for other people to accept.