Your Input on a couple things....

Koby

There is a couple things I'd really like to hear your input on.

Firstly, I would like to know if you want to keep the old user-ranks, that was originally based around "crusader" like in Final Fantasy X:

Jr. Crusader

Amateur Crusader

Average Crusader

Advanced Crusader

Pro Crusader

Expert Crusader

Xtreme Crusader

Chaotic Crusader

Millenia Crusader

Phreak Crusader

Eternal Frenzy

or switch to a new user-rank system I have already thought up that is based around the Clan Ranks in Final Fantasy XII:

Moppet

Hedge Knight

Rear Guard

Vanguard

Headhunter

Ward of Justice

Brave Companion

Riskbreaker

Paragon of Justice

High Guardian

Knight of the Round

Order of Ambrosia

Secondly should we continue to have a forum for almost every Final Fantasy game (giving us a bunch of rather empty boards), or should we combine some of them such as:

Final Fantasy Classics (1-6)

Final Fantasy VII Compilation

Final Fantasy Modern (8-9)

Final Fantasy X & X-2

Ivalice Alliance (All FFtactics and all FF12 games)

Fabula Nova Crystallis (All FF13 games)

General Final Fantasy (Discussion on FF games in General)

Not sure how we'd put Dissidia: Final Fantasy in either way. =P

Also should we just remove the Kingdom Hearts Sub-forums and have just one board for all Kingdom Hearts talk or should we continue with how we have it. If so I will need to create a KH3 board. =P

I also realize we do need a profile board within our roleplay board. That will be added eventually too.

If there is anything else you would like to see changed let me know.

I 'unno. Could probably mash it all together--just have one section for FF, one section for KH. People can label their threads--exempli gratia, "[FFVI] Favourite Character?" I'm pretty sure with VBulletin you can create categories and have people use those, then if someone wants noise about a certain game, they can pick that category.

I don't really care either way about the member titles, but a change would be nice. Why not. =P

I 'unno. Could probably mash it all together--just have one section for FF, one section for KH. People can label their threads--exempli gratia, "[FFVI] Favourite Character?" I'm pretty sure with VBulletin you can create categories and have people use those, then if someone wants noise about a certain game, they can pick that category.

I don't really care either way about the member titles, but a change would be nice. Why not. =P

I'd have to take a look into that. I haven't seen something as to that effect so far though. And okay, I guess I'll wait for a little more feedback before deciding on that too. ^_^ Thanks for your input.

The member titles to me really don't matter. The second list sounds more interesting and varied, though.

As for the forums, I say stick to a few first. The worst was on the old FM when you had a forum for each FF, and all they did was sit there. Even for a Final Fantasy-oriented forum, there still isn't sufficient discussion on the actual games to warrant individual forums.

I say:

- General (non-numerical)

- Classic (I-VI)

- FFVII Compilation

- Modern (VIII-XIII)

Or, Bernie's idea of one forum for all of them works. That would certianly cut back on the amount of dead forums. I certainly don't think XIII deserves its own forum, and the non-numerical Final Fantasies such as Tactics can just be discussed in the general forum.

As for KH, I say have just one forum for it. I don't think it's important enough to receive multiple forums. Even if there is a lot of discussion in it, it isn't too hard to keep it sorted in one forum.

The member titles to me really don't matter. The second list sounds more interesting and varied, though.

As for the forums, I say stick to a few first. The worst was on the old FM when you had a forum for each FF, and all they did was sit there. Even for a Final Fantasy-oriented forum, there still isn't sufficient discussion on the actual games to warrant individual forums.

I say:

- General (non-numerical)

- Classic (I-VI)

- FFVII Compilation

- Modern (VIII-XIII)

Or, Bernie's idea of one forum for all of them works. That would certianly cut back on the amount of dead forums. I certainly don't think XIII deserves its own forum, and the non-numerical Final Fantasies such as Tactics can just be discussed in the general forum.

As for KH, I say have just one forum for it. I don't think it's important enough to receive multiple forums. Even if there is a lot of discussion in it, it isn't too hard to keep it sorted in one forum.

The newest games always get more attention.. and well FF13 having 6 games for it, I felt it deserved its own board. =P FF13 is one of the biggest Hypes going around the FF community lately too. But yes, FF discussions aren't what they use to be, and many of the ff boards are with like 1 topic... No one on our forum really discusses games and they go more toward the forum games board and the graphics... But even thats been pretty dead lately.. No gfx competitions, no nothing.. O.o

I need to get some interesting things happening, and refer new people here too.

Secondly should we continue to have a forum for almost every Final Fantasy game (giving us a bunch of rather empty boards), or should we combine some of them such as:

Final Fantasy X & X-2

If there is anything else you would like to see changed let me know.

Name the FF X and X-2 section Spira Discussion, it'd be better to have different words for each category, instead of having FF down the list the entire way. But go for it.

1. I really like the FF12 ranks over the old ranks that you listed. The old ranks just seem kind of random and boring (I know they're from FF10 though, right?).
  2. I'm sorry, but I really dislike having one forum for each game in a series because it really seems inactive. I suggest you either change it up the way you came up with or just make it one forum (which might be too concentrated for sanity actually). KH should be one forum since there are less games in that series.

Alright it's decided.. FF12 ranks will be added. The FF section will be slimed down, and the KH section will be lowered to one board. Also I'd like to thank Jampot for IM on msn about the forum games. It seems I forgot to make the board not count towards your postcount. I will fix that now too.

I was wanting to install RPG Integration Hack, but it seems it hasn't been updated to work with our vB version. So I will probably have to use Inferno RPG. Their full version costs $100 though, and I don't think its worth that much so.... if I use Inferno it will be their 2.4 lite (free) version. =P

Inferno....I remember back when I had YU with IPB 2.0, I couldn't get a hold of it :(. That'll be a nice add. :cool: Is this going to be browser friendly because I remember when we had one before, and that one wasn't, although we were at IPB 1.3 at the time.

Inferno....I remember back when I had YU with IPB 2.0, I couldn't get a hold of it :(. That'll be a nice add. :cool: Is this going to be browser friendly because I remember when we had one before, and that one wasn't, although we were at IPB 1.3 at the time.

Yes, the reason it wasn't before was because the Inferno RPG v2.5 for IPBv1.3 was very outdated. This version for vB was just recently revamped and re-released with top-notch coding from Inferno Technologies.

Anyhow the rank titles have now been added. The Kingdom Hearts section is now reduced to one main forum. And the Final Fantasy section has been reduced to: Final Fantasy Classics, Final Fantasy Modern, Spira's Only Hope, Final Fantasy XI, Ivalice Alliance, and Fabula Nova Crystallis.

I would please ask that in the boards where multiple games are that you use this at the beginning of your topic title depending on the game.

FFVII:

DoC:

etc... Just to make it easier for people to know what game you are talking about. Also I decided to merge the FF7 compilation with the final fantasy modern.. since not a whole lot of ff7 compilation talk was happening.

I don't know how much conversation goes on about FF--obviously if certain games receive consistent attention, there's no reason not to allow it its own space. In any case, I don't think there's any need for a large number of subfora, so downsizing is always fun.

I mention categories for this reason:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

The make-up section is huge--but if people properly categorised it, then it can be instantly slimmed down with no immediate need for searching if one is just browsing and not looking for anything in specific other than, "I want to see what the selection for lipstick is".

The sister site, S2C, also makes use of categories.

http://forums.sims2community.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Categories and subfora achieve the same thing--narrowing things down to prevent digging through fifty pages of stuff. It's just a matter of preference.

I don't know how much conversation goes on about FF--obviously if certain games receive consistent attention, there's no reason not to allow it its own space. In any case, I don't think there's any need for a large number of subfora, so downsizing is always fun.

I mention categories for this reason:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

The make-up section is huge--but if people properly categorised it, then it can be instantly slimmed down with no immediate need for searching if one is just browsing and not looking for anything in specific other than, "I want to see what the selection for lipstick is".

The sister site, S2C, also makes use of categories.

http://forums.sims2community.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Categories and subfora achieve the same thing--narrowing things down to prevent digging through fifty pages of stuff. It's just a matter of preference.

I'll see if I can find that mod then because it could be used greatly. ^_^

Firstly, the FFXII ranks I have no problem with. They're pretty cool, though the idea of people choosing their own user titles was something I was always a fan of.

Secondly:

Final Fantasy X & X-2

I have no problem with anything except General Final Fantasy. I think it should be divided into Spinoffs (Crystal Chronicles, FFXI, etcetera) and Future Final Fantasy (Dissidia, any more I'm forgetting). In my opinion, seems more organised, but that's up to staff.

As far as the RPG System, that's all fine and such so long as you have a post limit. If you have new members joining solely for the RPG System, that will detract posting and activity. I'd say at least 50+ posts. By then they will have contributed somewhat, or at the very least, they might have grown sort of attracted to the place.

Firstly, the FFXII ranks I have no problem with. They're pretty cool, though the idea of people choosing their own user titles was something I was always a fan of.

Secondly:

I have no problem with anything except General Final Fantasy. I think it should be divided into Spinoffs (Crystal Chronicles, FFXI, etcetera) and Future Final Fantasy (Dissidia, any more I'm forgetting). In my opinion, seems more organised, but that's up to staff.

As far as the RPG System, that's all fine and such so long as you have a post limit. If you have new members joining solely for the RPG System, that will detract posting and activity. I'd say at least 50+ posts. By then they will have contributed somewhat, or at the very least, they might have grown sort of attracted to the place.

You can setup your own title in your profile.. =P These are just the ones you get if you don't have one.

General FF was just sent to the main board of ff (below where you see the subforums). It fits cause then you can talk about stuff in general that may have to do with more then one game, etc.. such as best ff character and such.

And yeah for the postcount.. I've already made the arcade and private messages require at least 5 posts.. so the rpg will require at least that.. However we may up the count. Perhaps to 20, but I feel 50 is a bit too much. Also I believe your RPG stats go up for posting.. I know the money you have does, so even if they join just to play the RPG.. they will still need to post to get what they need in it.. =P

And yeah for the postcount.. I've already made the arcade and private messages require at least 5 posts.. so the rpg will require at least that.. However we may up the count. Perhaps to 20, but I feel 50 is a bit too much. Also I believe your RPG stats go up for posting.. I know the money you have does, so even if they join just to play the RPG.. they will still need to post to get what they need in it.. =P

Well in that case, twenty does seem more reasonable. Although fifty might still be a better idea, they still have to post regardless, so doesn't matter too much.