DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoria (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria)

Koby

AGO29V9.jpg

MAL

Sword princess Aiz Wallenstein. Today, once again, the strongest female swordsman heads to the giant labyrinth known as the "Dungeon" along with her allies. On the 50th floor where mysteries and threats such as a decayed dragon's corpse that crumbles to ash and an irregularity that creeps ever closer to the party loom, Aiz calls for the wind and heads deeper into the darkness of the Dungeon. Eventually, she finds herself meeting a boy for the first time. "Um, are you OK?" In the Labyrinth City of Orario, the contrasting stories of the boy and the girl intersect!

Spin-off of DanMachi, featuring Aiz as the main heroine.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, amayra said:

any think better than CR sub this ?

CR didn't sub this, nor stream it. In the US, it's an Amazon AnimeStrike exclusive. In Australia it was streamed on AnimeLab.

As for groups subbing it, no one really. DDY is over a month behind, and the only other option is HorribleSubs direct Amazon rip.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Three episodes in and so far I'm feeling like I was lied to about the premise of this show. It's all been focused on some nobody character named Lefiya who apparently is some Riveria knock-off who isn't confident in herself. I'm told the focus switches to Aiz later, but eh... What made DanMachi tick so well is definitely missing from this spin-off or I'm just not feeling it. Hestia is of course Bestia so I didn't expect this to be as nice as the original, especially since spin-offs rarely manage to best the original. Railgun wasn't able to be better than Index either, despite others claiming otherwise. But I still expected something more than what we actually ended up getting here. Feel kind of let down thus far, but I'm hoping when they stop focusing on this Lefiya that things will pick up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well Railgun was very niche, so was Oratoria, though they're cool, but don't compare to it's main series. Like , I assume that they're meant for audiences that likes all girl anime, moe stuff, and plot doesn't matter. Watching full female cast cut out from the main  series doing nothing significant doesn't really spark me, though it's watchable. From my perspective and research, most of the people that hated Index liked Railgun, because honestly Railgun had more ecchi scenes, though disliking main anime and liking side one which has just female characters goofing around doesn't really show someones taste of anime in a good light, especially if one claims that side story is better than the  main story.As for Oratoria, then it is a must watch for any Danmachi fan, and it's not ecchi too much or whatever, but it does't have good plot and it's mainly about some unknown character- lefiya which is not really interesting to any of us. Making whole anime focusing just Lefiya to the end doesn't really make it better. I would've preferred more Aiz and better significant plot connected to the main series. At least people people that like Oratoria like and Danmachi though with Railgun and Index it's much worse, Railgun lovers just despise Index and prefer Lolis and Misakas and watch Railgun as it's the only sole story dismissing Index completely xD

Edited by dorall

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 11:29 PM, monsieurcooler said:

Hey, has anyone heard about the dub for this one ? The original one got a dub early last year. Why the hell does Sentai take absurdly long periods of time to produce dubs ?:anger:

No word yet, and the only fansub who worked on the show was DDY who stalled out after 4 episodes, so anyone who worked on it at this point would have to finish up the season with their own subtitle work.

• Thanks 1