Berserk (2017)

Koby

vmWukEt.jpg

MAL

Synopsis: Spurred by the flame raging in his heart, the Black Swordsman Guts continues his seemingly endless quest for revenge. Standing in his path are heinous outlaws, delusional evil spirits, and a devout child of god. Even as it chips away at his life, Guts continues to fight his enemies, who wield repulsive and inhumane power, with nary but his body and sword—his strength as a human.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22. April 2017 at 0:01 AM, MoonKnight said:

I actually really like the visual style, I think it goes well with the darker themes.  Thanks Koby!

Well I personally think the Animations look for themselves don't look that well.

Nowadys most animus get the computer-graphic treatment, because its less expansive and time consuming

when it comes to production

On the long rung I would prefer the drawn art which the old anime where so famous for.

Even if it was kind of unfinished -story wise- I like the old berserk 1997/98 anime from Oriental Light and Magic Studio a lot!

Finaly I think the new adaption is good, for it continues the black swordsman and Falconia storyline.

7 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

You should watch the 1997 series, 1000000x time better portrayal of the Golden Age Arc than the movie trilogy

Problem is, the 1997 leaves out some core canon that sets up the following arc that the movies actually have. So it's recommended to watch the movies as well.

For one thing, Puck never is shown in the 1997 series, but is in the movies, although it's a small scene.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koby said:

Problem is, the 1997 leaves out some core canon that sets up the following arc that the movies actually have. So it's recommended to watch the movies as well.

For one thing, Puck never is shown in the 1997 series, but is in the movies, although it's a small scene.

Doesn't only the third movie introduce content that was left out of the 97 series? If you watch the 97 series then the 3rd movie you shouldn't miss anything anime wise Ik there's stuff from the golden age in the manga both animes left out. When puck is shown in that one scene it's the third movie which the 2nd half of takes place after the golden age whereas the 97 ends with the eclipse, therefore Puck has no reason to be in the 97 series (except maybe the first episode cuz that's from the Black Swordman arc) since Puck's not a part of the Golden Age

Edited by DabDeity710

I am really enjoying this season's Berserk. It finally seems like the story is going somewhere. Though just like last season, I wish the soundtrack was better. They still have not incorporated Gut's Badass theme. Honestly, I wish Casca would get mopped, she's so annoying. But i guess she is important to the plot lol.

As for the other discussion going on here in the thread, I watched both the 1997 series and the movies. To newcomers, i would recommend watching both as i didnt find anything wrong with the movies. They were a decent retelling. As such, I think of the movies as a supplement to the required viewing of the og series. 

7 minutes ago, austinsshadow said:

the cgi is too noticeable and ugly other than that the story is good enough to keep watching.

On 5/21/2017 at 6:37 PM, freemanpt said:

It has cgi all over the place , but I think it is watchable ! I was waiting for this series for so long I can't be mad even if the Animation is not as good as it was back then.

Well the CGI is only in very few scenes luckily. Most of it is not actually CGI. Though I wouldn't have minded a full-blown CGI, if it had been similar to Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, or Appleseed Alpha caliber.

Though those are theatrical films... I'd settle for even Ajin caliber though which would be more likely for a TV series obviously.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 9:05 AM, Koby said:

Well the CGI is only in very few scenes luckily. Most of it is not actually CGI. Though I wouldn't have minded a full-blown CGI, if it had been similar to Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, or Appleseed Alpha caliber.

Though those are theatrical films... I'd settle for even Ajin caliber though which would be more likely for a TV series obviously.

I wish the CGI was nearly as good as Ajin's :(. Even though I'm a huge berserk fan I think I'll pass on watching for now. But I do appreciate that there's a berserk tv show, I believe it lit a fire under miura and it was part of the reason why he ended the hiatus.