Novel 'Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight Axis' Gets Anime Adaptation

Koby

An official website has opened and announced that novel Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight Axis will get an anime adaptation. The series will stream exclusively on Gundam Fan Club in June 2017.

wWfjy9J.jpgSynopsis
Universal Century 0096. Several months have passed since the incident surrounding Laplace’s box also known as the Universal Century Charter. The Earth Federation Forces dispatches a group of investigators to the severed Axis which is drifting outside the Earth Sphere. Two civilians participate as members of the research group: Arlette Almage and Danton Hyleg. Both have pasts with government service to the Principality of Zeon and Neo Zeon as an engineer and test pilot. Having infiltrated Axis, the investigators come under attack inside a base where no one should be. Arlette and Dalton are confronted with an incident they never imagined. (Source: Zeonic Scanlations)

Staff
Director: Se Jun Kim (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE key animation)
Story, Concept Design: Ark Performance
Mechanical Director, Chief Animation Director: Shingo Abe (One Punch Man key animation)
Art Director: Hideki Nakamura (Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis)
Music: Takashi Oomama (Joukamachi no Dandelion)

Novel site: http://www.yatate.net/g-ta/g-twla-main.html
Official site: http://g-twilight-axis.net/
Official Twitter: @g_twilight_axis

Teaser PV

• Like 3

Looks good, I'm still behind on UC though, I'll probably skip this until I catch up.

The new Gundam looks like a combination of the Mk-II and Alex? I love the Mk-II's design but was never a fan of the Alex's. Also I wish they would've did a new mold for the HGUC Zaku III Custom, would have been a good excuse for a revive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Idle said:

Looks good, I'm still behind on UC though, I'll probably skip this until I catch up.

The new Gundam looks like a combination of the Mk-II and Alex? I love the Mk-II's design but was never a fan of the Alex's. Also I wish they would've did a new mold for the HGUC Zaku III Custom, would have been a good excuse for a revive.

From what I'm reading up about this, it sounds like sort of a kind of prequel to F91, and there is even rumours surrounding this that this show if it does well could possibly lead to an actual reboot of F91 in full series form as it was originally planned. I enjoyed the F91 movie, so I would actually be interested in a full series of it if it ever happened.

However like you, I have quite a bit of Gundam to watch. I haven't started Original, Thunderbolt, or Unicorn yet. As these OVAs with long gaps between releases I've opted to wait till they're done, but then I just never got around to Unicorn since then. Always some new Gundam coming out and such and I have a lack of time to go back. I stillneed to watch Victory, After War Gundam X, Turn-A, and AGE as well. If I do that, I'd have seen them all.

I'm still hoping to see a Blu-ray of After War Gundam X to happen. It's I think the only Gundam series that hasn't seen the Blu-ray treatment at this point.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

From what I'm reading up about this, it sounds like sort of a kind of prequel to F91, and there is even rumours surrounding this that this show if it does well could possibly lead to an actual reboot of F91 in full series form as it was originally planned. I enjoyed the F91 movie, so I would actually be interested in a full series of it if it ever happened. However like you, I have quite a bit of Gundam to watch. I haven't started Original, Thunderbolt, or Unicorn yet. As these OVAs with long gaps between releases I've opted to wait till they're done, but then I just never got around to Unicorn since then. Always some new Gundam coming out and such and I have a lack of time to go back. I still want to watch Victory, After War Gundam X, Turn-A, and AGE as well. If I do that, I'd have seen them all.

I'm still hoping to see a Blu-ray of After War Gundam X to happen. It's I think the only Gundam series that hasn't seen the Blu-ray treatment at this point.

I stopped on Stardust Memory, I watched episode 1 but then it was getting a bluray release and I haven't gotten back to it since.

That'd be great, also while not a series, I'd like to see War in the Pocket get a bluray release too.

• Like 1

This looks epic, I hope it gets dubbed. I thought Unicorn was a good stopping point for the UC timeline. It helped provide some closure to the fates of some of my favorite characters. However, I am still eager to see what this new series will add. 

Around 00:14, has to be the most badass way to introduce a Zeon mobile suit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...