Naruto Shippuuden Anime's Ending on 500th Episode Confirmed

Koby

FoTjcsX.jpgThe official Twitter account of the Naruto Shippūden anime confirmed on Wednesday that the anime will end with tonight's episode. Beginning with the original Naruto anime, the anime has been airing since October 2002.

The anime The Snack World will begin airing in the show's 7:25 p.m. time slot on TV Tokyo starting on April 13.

The final episode is also the finale for the "Konoha Hiden" (Hidden Leaf Story) arc of the anime. The episode will be the 500th episode of the Naruto Shippūden series (or the 720th episode overall in the Naruto anime franchise). The last episode is titled "Iwai no Kotoba," and will focus on Iruka's message to Naruto as Naruto's wedding present.

The Boruto: Naruto Next Generations television anime will premiere on TV Tokyo on April 5, and will air on Wednesdays at 5:55 p.m.

• Like 3

@Koby Thanks for sharing this news. I'm sad to see that Shippuden has ended, but at least we'll still have new English Dub episodes for a good two years or so, judging by Viz Media's recent DVD/iTunes release schedule.

We'll also have the Boruto anime when that premieres in April, and the inevitable English Dub that will follow after in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Predaking-117 said:

Good. I just hope boruto doesn't go that long either.

We still have both One Piece and Detective Conan in terms of long running anime.

As for Boruto, still too early to know if it'll last as long as it's predecessors did, only time will tell...

• Like 1

A good series that went on too long. Too much filler stops this anime being a classic in my opinion. Also, following it up with Boruto is just milking the franchise, nobody is even asking for it to be made. The story is over now, there is nothing more to tell. All we will get with Boruto is more of the same, the only difference will be the stupid name. Sometimes it's best just to call it a day.

3 minutes ago, MephilesTheDark said:

A good series that went on too long. Too much filler stops this anime being a classic in my opinion. Also, following it up with Boruto is just milking the franchise, nobody is even asking for it to be made. The story is over now, there is nothing more to tell. All we will get with Boruto is more of the same, the only difference will be the stupid name. Sometimes it's best just to call it a day.

I just watched the Boruto movie, and honestly it was a nice addition if you kind of ignored the annoying Boruto (although he sort of redeemed himself by the end). It was nice seeing who ended up with who, who had kids with who, and where they ended up in the world. Although some of the answers are a bit out there in terms of seeing it actually happen because there was no build up towards such things during the course of the series itself. So a big draw for the series is just seeing how everyone from the franchise ended up. Anyhow I have a feeling Boruto isn't going to be a long running series. It'll likely be one or two cours and done. There isn't even enough source material out there for more than that at this time even if they just rehashed the movie and utilized the new stuff from the manga because the manga is still fresh. But it's Studio Pierrot so they could very well wind up milking it with tons of anime-original filler content as they've earned a very terrible track record for butchering series with anime-original content, even in more recent shows such as Twin Star Exorcist.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...