How's your hard drive doing?

joske

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

i was encrypting some special files and got an input output error on my truecrypt volume so i have spent hours trying to get my 250 gig of stuff back :\  still working on it fml

cant extract it from the hard drive :\ data is destroyed

Edited by      

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1TB HDD (64.9GB free)
  • 2TB External (24.8GB free)
  • 256GB SSD (28.75GB free)

SSD main purpose is for games, but does have some spillage of movies that were on my 1TB in the past; 1TB is predominately used for storage of movies and TV shows, as well as real-time downloads, pictures, documents, etc; 2TB external is for all my anime and a backup of all my pictures, important documents, game ISOs, and a little spillage of movies.

At this time, I really need a big 4-6TB drive for mass storage of my movies, tv shows, as they take up a lot of space. I've actually had to delete TV shows that I've downloaded (always in 1080p) after I've watched them to make room for new content, and if I download a game, I play it and then uninstall it. I can't just let things sit.

Even though my total space dedicated to shows, movies etc is 3TB, I've probably downloaded and deleted an additional 3TB. If I got a bigger drive, I would download all that stuff again for archive purposes.