Best Blu-ray Software/Program?

madschultz1

Hello Kametsu community. I have a question I wanted to ask. I have recently purchased a Blu-ray Drive to watch Blu-rays on my laptop. I was wondering: what program do you guys use to play your Blu-rays? Which software is the best? I currently have the Leawo Blu-ray Player installed, but there are some issues. It takes a good minute to start the disc and not being able to navigate the Blu-ray menu with the mouse is a pain...

Personally, Media Player Classic Home Cinema is the only multimedia player I have used since K-Lite Mega Codec pack started using it (and its predecessor MPC). It has the capability of running practically any audio and video file, as long as the proper decoders are in the program or installed on your system. It has many different renders, also, which depnding on which is used, can determine how fast they load up, but it has full access to the menus with a mouse.

1 hour ago, madschultz1 said:

I tried that and it didn't work...

You might need to change the DirectShow filter used or the decoder. These options can be found in the player's options menu. I sometimes have to do that when switching from playing video files to just watching DVDs.

EDIT: Apparently, MPC-HC doesn't support modern BD releases with their newer encryption. To get around that, you need a decrypter, like DVD AB, which is commercial software (non-free). Due to the newer restrictions, I recommend using wither Cyberlink PowerDVD, which comes with most BluRay drives, or AnyDVD HD. If you plan to play BDs from different regions, I would recommend AnyDVD HD, though it is commercial software, also.

Edited by ragnawind