WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU WATCH AN ANIME OVER AND OVER AGAIN

WINTERS

MY VERY FIRST POST!! YAHHOO!!

WHAT DO YOU FIND APPEALING IN AN ANIME?

I VE SEEN MANY ANIME IN MY YEARS , NEW OR OLD, HIGH QUALITY ANIMATION TO LOW END QUALITY!

WHAT I SEARCH FOR AN ANIME IS TO WATCH IT AND NEVER GET SICK OF WATCHING IT ALL OVER AGAIN

YEARS MAY PASS AND THE HAREM/ECCHI GENRE IS TAKING OVER THE ANIME COMMUNITY (BUT THATS JUST ME, GOTTA LOVE THOSE FAN SERVICE!!)

YOU KNOW WHAT STARTS OF AS A GOOD ANIME ON YOUR OPINION IT PROVES THE FACT THAT YOUR WILLING TO WATCH AN EPISODE TO ITS VERY END 

NO MATTER HOW UNDER RATED IN MAY BE OR MAINSTREAM

YOU WATCHED TILL THE END AND KEEP REPEATING IT AS A GOOD REMINDER OF WHERE YOU START OFF TO WHEN YOULL COME BACK AND REWATCH ALL OF THEM ALL TOGETHER!!

WHATS YOUR THOUGHT OF A GOOD ANIME/MOVIE/OVA/ONA THAT WILL KEEP YOU WATCHING?

For me it has to be a solid enough setting, smooth development and silly comedy. If it is a space opera, cyber punk or high fantasy, that’s a plus.

I don't know how many times I've watched and re watched Tetsuwan Birdy, Shimpi no Sekai or Scrapped Princess. None of them being that popular among the masses. But the way they merge fantasy and tech elements just inspires me. >.<

And then there are, of course, the wide variety of master pieces and cultural referents that range from the heavy weights like Akira or Sen to Chihiro to Lodoss or Otaku no Video; including all those great titles in between like Escaflowne, GitS: S.A.C. and FLCL, heck even Evangelion which you could either hate or love but certainly won't leave you without an opinion (but definitely dodging over rated material of the likes of Re:Zero, SAO or the one about the ninja in an orange suit). But for these, everyone agrees that they are worth re watching.

And I coincide with you OP, to much visually stunning yet generic anime nowadays.

I actually try not to rewatch because I feel it could ruin the past experience I had with the show. I do the same thing with books. Other than that, I rewatch if I feel like I didn't get the most out of the show, like Serial Experiments Lain which I didn't understand anything of at first. With other shows that I loved, like Tsukihime, InuYasha, and even Fullmetal Alchemist, instead of rewatching I picked up the source material and tried to experience the story in a different way.

It's almost like a rule I have for myself. Except for Rurouni Kenshin. Will always rewatch.

Edited by leorui

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...