Official Vent Thread

Arian

Did something piss you right off today? Take the time to post about it, it might get your anger out.

Let me start.

So I'm this Dragon Ball group on Discord. One of the members recorded Dragon Ball GT off which was airing on Fuji2, which means high quality, Stereo Japanese audio. 

Everyone in the group is supposed to have access to them, but what do I get when I click on the link?

Spoiler

drive_permissions1_0.png

I ask everybody including the ADMIN of the group and all I get is "Ask person B."

I even asked the uploader of these files, who isn't person B, and he has the balls to say that everyone has access. Then the douchebag says that he won't re-upload the files and to "bother" person B with this, not him.

Now why don't I just ask this person B? Apparently person B won't give you access to these files which aren't even his unless you have something to give him in return.

So it's all just a bunch of selfish horseshit! :canny:

• Sad 1

Yea, it's bad when someone attempts too profit or scam off other peoples work. It's best to just move on and not feed the parasytes. I also don't care for uploaders who use money generating links like adfly or linkbucks. Seems llike some people will try anything for a quick buck. When bottom feeders try and take advantage of people it undermines the sense of community on a site.

-adog

I hate it when one of my co workers speaks in such a low tone, only for me to sometimes wonder WTF he was saying. Then he throws a fit at me because I'm "deaf", and sometimes ends up saying sly remarks when I point out the obvious. I mean, seriously? Everything mentioned in a conversion has to remain a secret?? Is he supposed to be my dad or what? Sorry, but I object to that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 4:50 PM, thisisatrial said:

Its February...why the hell is my room so damn hot.

Yes! I know that feeling! The weather is being obscenely Bipolar where I am. Literally opened my windows the other night after 3 "hot" days in a row (high 70's) and then it decides to drop to low 40's or so that night.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Arian said:

@EnIgMoZz2 is really getting on my nerves. I blocked him on Skype and yet he still has access to my threads where he continues to talk shit about me.

I wish he'd just be banned already. Not that I lobby for people to banned but he's continually asking for it.

He has been banned. We were already considering it when we learned he was harassing people via PM demanding people pay $1,200 for some shitty VHS recordings and then spamming their inboxes with insults when they refused. But after the events we witnessed earlier today, it was unanimous from all the admins who were within the discussion taking place that he should be dealt with.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Koby said:

He has been banned. We were already considering it when we learned he was harassing people via PM demanding people pay $1,200 for some shitty VHS recordings and then spamming their inboxes with insults when they refused. But after the events we witnessed earlier today, it was unanimous from all the admins who were within the discussion taking place that he should be dealt with.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. I think he got banned from the DBZ forum too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arian said:

So OpenDrive suspended my account just for the notion of sharing copyrighted works. Even though no complaint had been made. At least wait for them to come whining, I say.

I don't know what I'm going to do. My days of contribution may be over.

That sucks! I won't able to download the rest of Bagel and Becky after all. :'(

On 3/13/2017 at 3:48 PM, Koby said:

I thought he was joking when he pm'd me "How much will I be paid." Guess not, looks like he got what he deserved.

Edited by Skeletro

48 minutes ago, Arian said:

So OpenDrive suspended my account just for the notion of sharing copyrighted works. Even though no complaint had been made. At least wait for them to come whining, I say.

I don't know what I'm going to do. My days of contribution may be over.

The unfortunate joys of file hosts and cloud services. :/ File hosts tend to not stick around long and if they do, they're turned to shit... and uploads on them never last.

Which was why I moved away from utilizing them in 2012 myself and opted to open up several XDCC bots. 5 years later, I haven't had to reupload anything, and everything I initially uploaded in 2012 is still available. The unfortunate issue that comes with this is that you've gotta pay upkeep on the servers, although I suppose people already pay premiums for filehosts anyways so it wouldn't be a lot of difference. Though you're limited by how much diskspace your servers have as to how much you can offer at any given time. So at some point you'd either need to add new servers to your fray or remove less downloaded files. Luckily I've been able to keep expanding thus far.

Torrents are nice too, but public torrents are too easy for copyright holders to get everyones IP/Hostmask and then send them C&D letters. Seedboxes can help, but then they're likely to just send the letters to your seedbox provider and you never know when your seedbox provider will act on them, even if they don't for the first half a dozen times, they could eventually get tired of it. So there is private trackers. Even then though, there is no guarantee a copyright holder hasn't somehow gained an invite and is snooping around. All it takes is loading the torrent and copying down all the hostmasks you connect to. :( Not to mention many ISP's or even countries just outright block/ban the downloading of .torrent files and/or block the common ports used by torrent clients so that their users cannot utilize them.

Theres also usenet, but I've got zero experience with it so can't really talk about how it works or the upsides or downsides of the protocol.

• Like 4

On 3/13/2017 at 2:48 PM, Koby said:

Had to deal with him on our Discord spamming his shit. Fake uploads of Animax, broadcast audio, all other shit. Says he does it for the "troll". Guess he loves 'trolling' communities that have Dragon Ball in them.

Edited by testing123
  • Like 2

My dirtbag neighbor threatened to call the cops over the aroma produced from baking a batch of bud brownies accusing me of smoking weed in the apartment. I only make them for my back spasms and I'm having problems with my nose that prevent me from smoking at all so I can't use my ecig for cbd oil anymore which is basically odorless. It's the only thing that gives my back any relief other than the pills I'm prescribed (I fucking hate pills). This same dirtbag smokes cigarettes in the apartment hallway on a near daily basis and the second hand smoke is absolutely brutal on my nose and nobody ever complains.

• Like 1