Digimon Frontier

naiky99

DIGIMON FRONTIER

Digimon_Frontier_zpsrcle8hkc.jpg

Synopsis

With five new kids and an exciting new mission in the Digital World, Digimon Frontier brings back all the great action and adventure of the last three seasons. Takuya, Kouji, Izumi, Junpei. and Tomoki meet each other in a train that takes them to the Digital World where a war against evil is being fought. The Angel digimon, Cherubimon, one of The three angels sent to save the World from the power-hungry Lucemon, has turned to the dark side and the entire Digital World is in peril. To fight this great battle, the five CHOSEN ONES must find the Densetsu no Spirit (Legendary Spirit).

Which chapter is your favorite?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Frontier had a tremendous amount of potential, building upon the idea that humans and Digimon could combine from Digimon Tamers.  This series also brought the Royal Knights concept and yet another Demon Lord Digimon into the public view.  It's sad that because of the radical departure from the tamer + partner formula, many people dismissed this series as not really Digimon.  It took risks, showed that Digimon don't always have to be just digital monsters, and it showed that traditional digivolution is not the only form, similar to how Adventure 2.0 used Armor Digivolution and DNA Digivolution.  One more thing, the opening is by far the best Digimon theme.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't like Frontier at the time, as the humans-turning-into-Digimon thing was a bit weird after the previous seasons when it was all humans and Digimon partners. Going back now and re-watching some of it though, it seems nice. They show a lot of details about the Digital World that hadn't been explored in the other seasons.

Frontier was definitely the weakest of the franchise. I don't know anyone who liked ditching Digimon partners for the humans turning into Digimon. Was a huge downgrade after how great I felt Tamers was. Thankfully Savers (Data Squad) was a vast improvement over Frontier.

37 minutes ago, Koby said:

Frontier was definitely the weakest of the franchise. I don't know anyone who liked ditching Digimon partners for the humans turning into Digimon. Was a huge downgrade after how great I felt Tamers was. Thankfully Savers (Data Squad) was a vast improvement over Frontier.

Need to watch Data Squad eventually. 

Been re-watching Frontier sometime last year. I agree, it was pretty alight I guess. Not the masterpiece show in the world. Trying to get nostalgic while I was at it. Pretty cool for the Rangers (Power Rangers) fans.