ChäoS;Child

Koby

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DarkGanta said:

I need to rewatch Chaos Head before this because it's been several years. I remember I really liked Chaos Head though so I'm excited for this series.

Chaos;Child starts out with episode 00, which is essentially a 23 minute recap of Chaos;Head.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2017 at 0:46 AM, Koby said:

Chaos;Child starts out with episode 00, which is essentially a 23 minute recap of Chaos;Head.

yeah, I was going to re-watch it, but when I watched the simuldub for the first episode on Funimation's subscription service to see if I would need to, I found out I didn't, though the recap only goes through the first half or so of Chaos;Head, nothing else seems to really matter. Anything important is still covered in the actual episodes, though, it seems, for what wasn't in the recap.

3 minutes ago, shagggggggy said:

I really liked Chaos Head, havn't watched in years but I sub to Crunchyroll and idr if they had an episode 00 for chaos child up yet, so the first 3 episodes I had no clue wth was going on.

Episode 00 was part of what they labeled 01. So if you had actually watched it, you'd have known that... So clearly you didn't watch it.

14 hours ago, shagggggggy said:

I really liked Chaos Head, havn't watched in years but I sub to Crunchyroll and idr if they had an episode 00 for chaos child up yet, so the first 3 episodes I had no clue wth was going on.

As Koby said abve, episode 0 is part of Episode 1, hence why it was an hour long episode, instead of half hour like the rest of the episodes. That episode 0 part is all that is really needed to understand the show from the actual episode 1 onward, so far, as far as the dub I have watched so far (0-2).

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, 4rced said:

Does this show exist in the Stein's;Gate 'universe'?

It does, but there are no connections, aside from its connection to the New Gen murders from Chaos;Head found in the Steins;Gate VN. There are also no concrete connections due to this being made after Steins'Gate and only on the world line where they mentioned the New Gen Murders, which I think was the Beta worldline (before the first D-Mail). I'm not entirely sure on that, though, since it has been awhile since I played the VN and I don't recall any mention of the New Gen murders in the anime, except maybe on-screen during their research. They don't share any characters, though, especially with this being 5 years after Steins'Gate, and taking place in different parts of Japan

Edited by ragnawind