Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Koby

Little Witch Academia (TV)

9 posts in this topic

xshCdun.jpg

MAL

TV version of Little Witch Academia.

Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot's performance that she dreamed to someday be a "cool" witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot's words as her own motto: "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.“

1 person likes this

If you liked the movies, you're gonna like this one, too. At least, so far. For me, it's all about episode 1. If they fuck that one up, Hestia help them.

YES! I DIDN'T KNOW IT STARTED! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!

Although. It appears that they are somewhat taking the DragonBall Super route. But I appreciate they aren't 100% re-doing the OVA's and putting a new spin on things. This will be interesting

Edit: After actually watching the whole episode I have decided that I jumped to conclusions... because it's almost nothing like the OVA's xD all they did was kind of re-do the start with her seeing that witch (Forget her name already...) 

Edited by K Universe

On 1/14/2017 at 2:05 AM, K Universe said:

YES! I DIDN'T KNOW IT STARTED! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!

Although. It appears that they are somewhat taking the DragonBall Super route. But I appreciate they aren't 100% re-doing the OVA's and putting a new spin on things. This will be interesting

Edit: After actually watching the whole episode I have decided that I jumped to conclusions... because it's almost nothing like the OVA's xD all they did was kind of re-do the start with her seeing that witch (Forget her name already...) 

I thought it was good in this case that they were starting from scratch rather than continuing from the OVAs. It's been confirmed for 25 episodes so they should be able to flesh out the characters more and still advance the story past that; and so far they've done it in a way that feels fresh, rather than just some long recap of the same events. It feels different, and I'm enjoying the show much better than I thought I would. In fact I thought the OVAs were kind of meh because the lack of time to actually develop the characters and the world and still progress the plot, while this series I feel has been doing great. It's a surprise hit for me this season so far, because honestly I'm usually not that fond of Trigger productions and I went into this show expecting to drop it within the first couple episodes.

4 hours ago, MunkhD said:

Does anyone know hen it wiil release on Netflix?

It's being released weekly on Netflix. The fansub/fanedit groups doing the show are utilizing Amazon rips for their releases.

I saw 2 movies on netflix, but never knew there was a series for it that existed.

Edited by DarkDream787

47 minutes ago, DarkDream787 said:

I saw 2 movies on netflix, but never knew there was a series for it that existed.

Because it just started airing two weeks ago.