Help, I might have a virus

blackblades

15 minutes ago, Koby said:

I recommend running full scan with the free version of MalwareBytes:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

If you've got anything, it'll find and get rid of it.

OK thanks, do it right after the norton power eraser finish. Well that didn't find anything.

Edited by blackblades

So it identified 512 threats so far after 93 from from adwhere cleaner. It kinda hit a big wall it keep stopping at a point and never moves so it never finishes scanning to remove the threats. So what now. So I downloaded r killer and it said I have several zero access roots. So can I get some help or something here.

Edited by blackblades

3 hours ago, blackblades said:

So it identified 512 threats so far after 93 from from adwhere cleaner. It kinda hit a big wall it keep stopping at a point and never moves so it never finishes scanning to remove the threats. So what now. So I downloaded r killer and it said I have several zero access roots. So can I get some help or something here.

Boot up your PC into safe mode:

• Windows Vista and 7: Reboot your PC and hit F8 with 1 second intervals during the POST (before the Windows splash screen). Success will bring you to this screen:

CMiXX3W.png?1

Scroll down to Safe Mode with Networking. Or just Safe Mode if your MalwareBytes is updated.

• Windows 8/8.1 and 10: Reset the PC normally except hold shift before you hit reset. Continue to hold it til "Please Wait" pops up.

From there, hit Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings and then you should be able to Reset from there. Once reset, you'll have options similar to Windows Vista/7. Hit 4 for Safe Mode, 5 for with Networking.

Once in Safe Mode, try running MalwareBytes again and see if it will clean up any remaining malware/viruses. Finish it up with MalwareBytes Junkware Removal Tool.

When you run MalwareBytes again, be sure you check "Scan for Rootkits" in the Settings under Detection and Protection tab.

Edited by NeutralHatred

1 hour ago, NeutralHatred said:

Boot up your PC into safe mode:

• Windows Vista and 7: Reboot your PC and hit F8 with 1 second intervals during the POST (before the Windows splash screen). Success will bring you to this screen:

CMiXX3W.png?1

Scroll down to Safe Mode with Networking. Or just Safe Mode if your MalwareBytes is updated.

• Windows 8/8.1 and 10: Reset the PC normally except hold shift before you hit reset. Continue to hold it til "Please Wait" pops up.

From there, hit Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings and then you should be able to Reset from there. Once reset, you'll have options similar to Windows Vista/7. Hit 4 for Safe Mode, 5 for with Networking.

Once in Safe Mode, try running MalwareBytes again and see if it will clean up any remaining malware/viruses. Finish it up with MalwareBytes Junkware Removal Tool.

When you run MalwareBytes again, be sure you check "Scan for Rootkits" in the Settings under Detection and Protection tab.

Yeah, I was scanning in safe mode. It was still getting stuck on a certain files in malwarebytes and it also went up to over 800. I did download malwarebytes rootkit and scanned and fix half of it but it didn't get everything. So now I'm trying farbar remove tool but confused about. From the looks of the report still have things that needs attention including zeroaccess so yeah I'm stuck again.

For this doesn't happen again I suggest subscribing to MalwareBytes and run it together with a Internet Security Suite like Norton Security, Bitdefender, Kapersky, Eset, etc. I myself, probably the minority, use Norton Security and MalwareBytes together, knock on wood, do not get attacked. :)

7 hours ago, blackblades said:

Hmm everything seems like its running but it spent like 2hr on one file type of stuck. 

By stuck, you mean it gets to a certain point and just hangs, doesn't eventually finish the scan? If you initially started scanning in safe mode, go back to normal mode and try scanning again. Run rKiller, too, while in normal mode. Perhaps it will kill whatever process is causing MalwareBytes to hang.

@Moodkiller Should he use Hitman Pro at his point?

@Beave Norton is too damn resource dependent to be a good AV. If you don't use your PC for gaming or anything that may require significant resource, Norton is good at keeping your system clean. However, if you need to actually use those resource Norton needs all the time, it isn't recommended. MalwareBytes is good by itself, yes, but I'd suggest supplementing it with a free AV I recommend from my Malware Removal Guide.

12 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

It has a 30 day trial that requires an email to validate it. It doesn't have to be legit; it's used for marketing. Try Hitman Pro and see if it cleans up the problem.

Trying to get help from bleepcomputers, whenever they get to me. Thanks for trying to help guys. If I don't get everything off imma just refresh from the beginning and add free better protection then norton.

• Like 1

For anyone thats actually entertain by this here's an update. I think I was able to get the zeroaccess stuff off with rogue killer. I could of got the other stuff done but he said no cause I think they were registry stuff. I did notice the files that kept stalling malwarebytes was on rogue killer and was kinda the same but I was able to continue with this one I think it had something to do with my external hdd. Now I hit another road block cause the farbar tool that was suppose to be used saying I don't have permission for some reason and it disappears as well as norton saying it's not safe -_-.

Update!!!

Hmmm the guy on bleepcomputer seems to only reply to me once a day but he probably thinks I'm done. Rogue killer, tdsdkiller, and rkiller says there's no malware but rkiller still says I have 2 zeroaccess present and says an aj router svc whatever as well whoever that it. Also malwarebytes still scan pup but still can't use the program cause it hangs on the same files. That junk removal seems detect the zeroaccess file and says it successfully deleted but yet when I re-run rkiller it's still there. Imma see can I delete all this crap manually.

Update

Now since I deleted some stuff like emptied folders and such in appdata malwarebytes finally got passed the stuff that it kept getting stuck on but now it stuck other appdata stuff on another user. Also to make it bad is that it still detected 820 threats which all should be gone from using other programs.

Update again

Found the zeroaccess manually and deleted it. I will scan with rkiller later just to be sure it's 100% deleted.

Edited by blackblades

3 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Backup important files, reinstall windows. 

Probably don't have to do that, I think something is wrong with malwarebytes. From Google alot of people been having issues with it the same issues as well. I don't understand why this is the only program that detects so much but yet others that scans the same stuff comes up emptied.

11 minutes ago, blackblades said:

Probably don't have to do that, I think something is wrong with malwarebytes. From Google alot of people been having issues with it the same issues as well. I don't understand why this is the only program that detects so much but yet others that scans the same stuff comes up emptied.

MalwareBytes is industry leading at malware removal. There's a reason it is the primary tool used at cleaning up infections. I hardly doubt the problem is with MalwareBytes. You may have a sophisticated piece of malware that is blocking MalwareBytes.

As MK said, I'd recommend backing up important files and reinstalling. That is your best bet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

MalwareBytes is industry leading at malware removal. There's a reason it is the primary tool used at cleaning up infections. I hardly doubt the problem is with MalwareBytes. You may have a sophisticated piece of malware that is blocking MalwareBytes.

As MK said, I'd recommend backing up important files and reinstalling. That is your best bet.

Yeah I know but from what I read on the forums there alot of people havibg the same issues and even malwarebytes themselves came out and said theyre having issues. Any good site blocker etc.. that's free to help protect on firefox.

Edited by blackblades