Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KingKongdude232

Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night first?

7 posts in this topic

Fate/Zero is a prequel to the FSN series as it's set during the previous Holy Grail war, however despite that, I still feel it's best to watch FSN first just so you catch the small references here or there and because what transpires in Zero may somewhat spoil one of the bigger surprises in FSN for a first time viewer.

2 people like this

Production order is FSN 2006, FSN UBW movie, FZero then FSN UBW series and finally the heavens feel movies when they come out. However the chronological order is zero as a prequel then the rest are parallel. Personally if you want to really watch the franchise fully I would go FSN 2006 then Zero then UBW series (movie optional as the series covers the same exact content just with ufotable at the helm!) although many didn't enjoy FSN 2006 and so just watch Zero and the UBW series. Worth noting FSN spoils zero a little as you know the ending however in my opinion this wasnt an issue as zero is more about the journey and characters than the end destination as such, however keep this in mind when deciding which order you would personally prefer.

Damn you @Koby for beating me ;)

1 person likes this

I'd say DEFINITELY watch FSN first. Watching Zero first spoils major plot twists in FSN and Zero is also much more enjoyabel to watch afterwards (in my opinion) since you have many more "ooooh" and "ahhhh" moments :P

Honestly, the spoilers go both ways whether you watch F/Z or F/SN first. F/Z is by far the best of the bunch so I'd just recommend starting with that and skipping the 2006 release entirely and then going straight to UBW. If after watching all that you really really really love the Fate universe that much, you can always go back and watch 2006 F/SN since it is a different route. Or more logically just watch Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma-Illya instead :x

Edited by deanzel

30 minutes ago, deanzel said:

Honestly, the spoilers go both ways whether you watch F/Z or F/SN first. F/Z is by far the best of the bunch so I'd just recommend starting with that and skipping the 2006 release entirely and then going straight to UBW. If after watching all that you really really really love the Fate universe that much, you can always go back and watch 2006 F/SN since it is a different route. Or more logically just watch Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma-Illya instead :x

xD

Or you just play the VN and get the full package (story wise at least)! :P

Have to admit UBW is by far my favorite, story and animation wise (Anime as well as in-game).

I happened to introduce someone to the franchise through Fate Zero, and they loved it. The thing is, Zero is more mature-oriented than FSN, so when they started watching FSN they were a bit held back by the change of mood. Oh, and don't watch FSN 2006. It's a spoiler fest.