Fate/Stay Night Franchise Chronological Order?

KingKongdude232

Fate/Zero is a prequel to the FSN series as it's set during the previous Holy Grail war, however despite that, I still feel it's best to watch FSN first just so you catch the small references here or there and because what transpires in Zero may somewhat spoil one of the bigger surprises in FSN for a first time viewer.

• Like 2

Production order is FSN 2006, FSN UBW movie, FZero then FSN UBW series and finally the heavens feel movies when they come out. However the chronological order is zero as a prequel then the rest are parallel. Personally if you want to really watch the franchise fully I would go FSN 2006 then Zero then UBW series (movie optional as the series covers the same exact content just with ufotable at the helm!) although many didn't enjoy FSN 2006 and so just watch Zero and the UBW series. Worth noting FSN spoils zero a little as you know the ending however in my opinion this wasnt an issue as zero is more about the journey and characters than the end destination as such, however keep this in mind when deciding which order you would personally prefer.

Damn you @Koby for beating me ;)

• Like 1

Honestly, the spoilers go both ways whether you watch F/Z or F/SN first. F/Z is by far the best of the bunch so I'd just recommend starting with that and skipping the 2006 release entirely and then going straight to UBW. If after watching all that you really really really love the Fate universe that much, you can always go back and watch 2006 F/SN since it is a different route. Or more logically just watch Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma-Illya instead :x

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, deanzel said:

Honestly, the spoilers go both ways whether you watch F/Z or F/SN first. F/Z is by far the best of the bunch so I'd just recommend starting with that and skipping the 2006 release entirely and then going straight to UBW. If after watching all that you really really really love the Fate universe that much, you can always go back and watch 2006 F/SN since it is a different route. Or more logically just watch Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma-Illya instead :x

xD

Or you just play the VN and get the full package (story wise at least)! :P

Have to admit UBW is by far my favorite, story and animation wise (Anime as well as in-game).

• 2 months later...
  • Koby changed the title to Fate/Stay Night Franchise Chronological Order?
10 minutes ago, Alex_Mercer_007 said:
I have already watched Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night... But I'm lost now, I don't know how to proceed... Should I watch Unlimited Blade Works or Heavens Feel. And also when I search "Fate..." there are numerous other anime starting with "Fate.."...
In which order should I watch to complete the fate series???

Thanx

The fate/stay night series is just different routes of the same plot:

1. Fate/Stay Night
  2. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
  3. Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel (not released yet)

They can be watched in any order, but I'd recommend production order tbh (which is how I numbered them). Although some prefer recommend just skipping the original, but I liked it and recommend not skipping it.

Fate/Prototype which is basically what FSN could have been originally, before it was changed to the final version.

Then you got Fate/Zero as kind of a prequel to the FSN series.

Then there is Fate/Grand Order, which is off on it's own thing.

And we got Fate/Extra and Fate/Apocrypha as well. Both of which are due out later this year.

With Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya off on it's own as a sort of magical girl SOL comedy thingamabob that I've personally skipped.

• Like 2