How do I turn off the snow?

Meowth

While I get it's meant to be a festive effect on the forums, it's causing me some grief.

It took me 30 minutes to edit it and format 6 links on a single posts, and it felt like each formatting took twice as long as the last. My laptop isn't exactly the newest, and after encoding an entire disc's worth of content, it doesn't have the strength to handle falling snow effects that stack up at the bottom of the screen.

I had to write this on mobile because it was so bad, however, I need to do thread formatting on my laptop to make the editing as fast as possible. So is there anyway I can turn off this freaking snow? I don't even know how to change the theme so I'm not even sure if I was unfortunate enough to use the one theme with snow on it.

Help please!

I posted how to disable it in the announcement detailing it's addition.

Alternatively you can also switch to Asphyxia theme, which is the only one without know.

The theme selector is at the bottom left of every page.

Also as with pretty much anything; I recommend FireFox. Most of the users citing issues were using Chrome and it worked fine for them with FireFox.

Actually It's not the PC that can't handle these effects. It's just how your browser decodes them. Snow effect works flawlessly on Microsoft Edge. coz it uses HTML5. both chrome and opera has issues when they try to handle this event. It's working fine on both Safari and Microsoft Edge. Looks like Chrome and Opera has something to fix now :P

Edited by Harry-Potter

5 hours ago, Harry-Potter said:

Actually It's not the PC that can't handle these effects. It's just how your browser decodes them. Snow effect works flawlessly on Microsoft Edge. coz it uses HTML5. both chrome and opera has issues when they try to handle this event. It's working fine on both Safari and Microsoft Edge. Looks like Chrome and Opera has something to fix now :P

Chrome has had HTML 5 support since Chrome 14 in September 2011. It also currently scores higher than Edge in HTML 5 testing: 

146ec59da4.png

https://html5test.com/results/desktop.html

Also if you are suggesting using Microsoft Edge going forward, you're implying that OP has to upgrade to Windows 10 seen as Edge is not a standalone browser, even microsoft's website says you need to upgrade to Windows 10. Sadly though judging by OP's comment  "My laptop isn't exactly the newest", it doesnt sound like he would have Windows 10 install and I wouldn't recommend doing so.

Side note: Im running Chrome 55.0.2883.75 on a 7 year old desktop, snow works flawlesly as well. 

4 hours ago, DJHulp said:

Use Internet Explorer and you don't have any Snow! ;) 

You also don't have any Internet ;) 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:39 AM, Moodkiller said:

Chrome has had HTML 5 support since Chrome 14 in September 2011. It also currently scores higher than Edge in HTML 5 testing: 

146ec59da4.png

https://html5test.com/results/desktop.html

Also if you are suggesting using Microsoft Edge going forward, you're implying that OP has to upgrade to Windows 10 seen as Edge is not a standalone browser, even microsoft's website says you need to upgrade to Windows 10. Sadly though judging by OP's comment  "My laptop isn't exactly the newest", it doesnt sound like he would have Windows 10 install and I wouldn't recommend doing so.

Side note: Im running Chrome 55.0.2883.75 on a 7 year old desktop, snow works flawlesly as well. 

You also don't have any Internet ;) 

I didn't mean chrome doesn't have HTML5 support. I just said Chrome isn't just a HTML5 only based browser.

And guys if you are really facing issues, then you can just simply change the theme by scrolling down and then switching to any other theme you wish to use.

452721fd423fffa8ae8afd6d2e3e2d36.png

Edited by Harry-Potter