New Theme: Titan + Updates + Snow

Koby

A new theme makes an appearance. Say hello to Titan. Hope you enjoy it, and if you have any background image suggestions, feel free to let them be known as I will be looking forward to adding some more and swapping out the existing ones. The backgrounds also control the color scheme of the navbar and forum category headers.

I've also applied all the forum software updates, which mostly includes performance increases and some backend updates you likely won't know about or notice.

To get in the Holiday spirit, I've enabled Snow on most of the themes. This also changes the non-image forum icons to * as well as adds one to the site name text in the headers. =)

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone. Enjoy the Winter Solstice.

If the snow is causing your PC to lag or just annoying you. You can disable it with adblock

kametsu.com##.ipsfocus_snow

or by using Stylish (or something similar).

.ipsfocus_snow {
	display: none;
}

• Like 14

37 minutes ago, Catar said:

Good lord mobile runs way better now. Thanks Koby. 

1 minute ago, Bulletgazm said:

It's really cool and it runs Alot smoother on my phone even though I don't really have a problem with the old layout.

So Brave wasn't running smooth on your phones? What phones do you have?

I use FireFox on my Galaxy S6 Active and it seems to be smooth for me on every theme. o.O

3 minutes ago, Koby said:

So Brave wasn't running smooth on your phones? What phones do you have?

I use FireFox on my Galaxy S6 Active and it seems to be smooth for me on every theme. o.O

Nexus 6P/Chrome.  The most noticeable improvement is the sidebar, it animates at a proper framerate now. There's still some odd keyboard lag, but I think that's a SwiftKey bug and not due to the forum. 

Edited by Catar
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2016 at 0:29 AM, Koby said:

A new theme makes an appearance. Say hello to Titan. Hope you enjoy it, and if you have any background image suggestions, feel free to let them be known as I will be looking forward to adding some more and swapping out the existing ones. The backgrounds also control the color scheme of the navbar and forum category headers.

I've also applied all the forum software updates, which mostly includes performance increases and some backend updates you likely won't know about or notice.

To get in the Holiday spirit, I've enabled Snow on most of the themes. This also changes the non-image forum icons to * as well as adds one to the site name text in the headers. =)

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone. Enjoy the Winter Solstice.

If the snow is causing your PC to lag or just annoying you. You can disable it with adblock

kametsu.com##.ipsfocus_snow

or by using Stylish (or something similar).

.ipsfocus_snow {
	display: none;
}

yup it lags very badly :( im trying to turn it off  it wont turn off please explain in detail how its gona done

• 2 weeks later...

Too many people were complaining or having problems with the snow, so I've disabled it.

It worked fine for myself though, but when in the post editor, if I opened up a bunch of stuff like that required the overlay pop-up boxes, the snow seemed to get heavier and heavier each time till it eventually became a problem or I reloaded the page. So I can definitely see why people would be complaining. We shouldn't add stuff that puts a hamper on the ability to browse and post. I assume I probably could have edited it to produce less snow and likely been less of an issue, but eh that other issue seems like it was somehow making the snow worse.

Anyways, because of this, I've instead opted to put a New Years countdown up instead to sort of keep us in the holiday spirit. Though if anyone has an excellent anime or video game christmas themed wallpaper, please share and I might just utilize it up until Christmas for the background of Titan!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Nekone locked this topic