Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Noham

Ripping from Amazon Video

38 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing, Dulus_No :)

Edited by Xlayer

On 2/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, Dulus_No said:

Thanks for the link :)

I'm trying this on an old tv show I purchased a few years ago, any help is appreciated, thanks

Info: Successfully parsed .mpd file. Download speed: 713125Bytes/s
ERROR: curl - license request failed ()

On 14/02/2017 at 3:37 PM, KILLAHOE said:

ERROR: curl - license request failed ()

Make sure you're still logged into your Amazon account when you start ripping, and if that's not the problem, are you in the same country as the store that you're trying to rip from?

If you still have no luck, I can rip it for you if you want :)

On 2/19/2017 at 0:15 AM, DawnShadow. said:

Make sure you're still logged into your Amazon account when you start ripping, and if that's not the problem, are you in the same country as the store that you're trying to rip from?

Thanks for being willing to rip it for me :) I actually got it to work. I had the commands all screwed up. Thanks, again. If you ever need anything shoot me a PM! ;)

Is it true that the current shows being released are re-encodes?

Using Mediainfo, I noticed the x264 info of each "Group" contains different x264 version cores and different x264 settings. If it was untouched from Amazon I would think the core version would be the same and the settings would be similar?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, NickFan said:

Is it true that the current shows being released are re-encodes?

Using Mediainfo, I noticed the x264 info of each "Group" contains different x264 version cores and different x264 settings. If it was untouched from Amazon I would think the core version would be the same and the settings would be similar?

Amazon have released a new version of their DRM which is harder to crack, so the majority of Amazon releases you'll see are actually screen recordings, rather than direct untouched rips.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, DigiPokeMon said:

So Ronja, The Robber's Daughter S01E01 1080p Amazon WEBRip DD+ 2.0 x264-TrollHD.mkv is a web-cap @Darkshadow6400 ?

Possibly. Without looking at the metadata it's hard to confirm, as WEBRip seems to be interchangeable for both caps and rips when dealing with Amazon videos. 

I believe some groups are still capable of ripping Amazon, so it could be the real deal. Regardless, an encoded Amazon rip is still generally superior to an untouched iTunes rip, which ironically also isn't untouched anymore when dealing with 1080p video.

1 person likes this

If the x264 metadata shows CRF 18, there is a chance it is untouched Amazon. If it is CRF 17, it is likely to a be an encode (CRF 17 is required per scene rules for 1080p). 

Edited by NickFan
1 person likes this

On 2/26/2017 at 5:37 PM, thisisatrial said:

Is this method still working?

Only if the show has their older DRM. If it's been updated to their latest DRM then it won't work with this method.

9 hours ago, KILLAHOE said:

Only if the show has their older DRM. If it's been updated to their latest DRM then it won't work with this method.

Bummer. Thanks or the reply tho.

On 2/19/2017 at 10:45 AM, DawnShadow. said:

Its no more working...tried on 2-3 titles purchased on Amazon Videos...(Account Logged In and from same country)...How can you be so sure of ripping still :)

19 hours ago, jindadil said:

Its no more working...tried on 2-3 titles purchased on Amazon Videos...(Account Logged In and from same country)...How can you be so sure of ripping still :)

You're not actually the user I was referring to. What issue are you receiving? You might be having a different problem.

Is the content that you're trying to rip something that was added before October 2016?

2 minutes ago, DawnShadow. said:

You're not actually the user I was referring to. What issue are you receiving? You might be having a different problem.

Is the content that you're trying to rip something that was added before October 2016?

I have annual subscription of Amazon Prime....I tried with Eyes Wide Shut.mp4 but I get this error "ERROR: Could not open / parse mpdURL" ... How can I download ?

On 16/03/2017 at 9:52 PM, jindadil said:

I have annual subscription of Amazon Prime....I tried with Eyes Wide Shut.mp4 but I get this error "ERROR: Could not open / parse mpdURL" ... How can I download ?

That means it has new encryption.