Should I buy an XBOX One S or a PS4 Slim?

Banana

Hello, I'm new to these forums, but I was curious of your guys' opinion of something. I'm planning on buying a gaming console, and I wasn't sure if I should buy an XBOX One S, or the PS4 Slim. What are the advantages/disadvantage of each, and what are the perks of choosing one over the other? 

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/xbox-one-s-vs-ps4-slim-price-4k-performance-comparison-1328629

Here is a test by Techradar. The verdict isnt completely clear though. They have more insight in this than me. You should read that and evaluate what you think is most important for you. Xbox One S is better on performance alone, aswell as a few other things.

Other people might have other reasons for you to choose one or the other, but personally i'd go with PS4 and thats only cus i feel that the Uncharted-series and The Last of Us are the greatest games ever made, and those are exclusive to Playstation. On the other hand you have Gears of war and Forza to Xbox which are also amazing.

Good luck with the decision, in my opinion you can't really go wrong either way xD

And welcome to the forum

Edited by Fishmonster

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you care about Gears of War and Halo more than other games, PS4 is the way to go. The only "advantage" the new Xbone has is the 4K Ultra HD disc player in it, but that's pointless if you don't have an Ultra HD TV and want to buy the 4K movie discs. PS4 has a lot of great exclusives like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Senran Kagura (Ok maybe I'm the only one who likes this), Until Dawn, Infamous, Persona 5 (coming soon), and a lot of Final Fantasy HD rereleases. If you want a full comparison list you can see what all is exclusive to what here: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_Games_vs_Xbox_One_Games

It depends on what kind of games you want to play. If you want more Japanese stuff get PS4 if you want whatever xbox if offering go for that. Personally I really like the xbox controller with my massive shovel hands but I like the exclusives on Ps4 better. so In the end I gave up on both and renewed mt membership to the PC Master Race

• Like 1

Why Choose?, Why not both?, If you have the money for it! ;) 

No just kidding but why to compare PS4 Slim and Xbox One S?

If you compare it then you have to compare it with PS4 Pro. ;) 

But back onto topic, choose it wich games you prefer it on. xD

Edited by DJHulp
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well in this case Xbox One has actually made the better product this time with a little catch though; the new PS4 is 10x better at running VR than the new Xbox but that's it. Other than that it's entirely preference.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=xbox+one+slim+hardware

Edited by Zanco

• 1 month later...