Black Friday Purchases

Koby

I never knew my local Walmart sold anime so I bought Hellsing Ultimate Vol 9 & 10 on Blu-ray.

A 64GB MICROSDXC card to replace my 200GB because my phone stopped reading it so I will stick that in my laptop.

A few Blu-ray steelbook movies I love those things.

Did you manage to get anything?

Edited by Bulletgazm

2 minutes ago, Koby said:

Just curious, but why spend that kind of money on a PC and just go with air cooling?

That's nearly 3x what I spent building my PC back in March.

Practical and easier, plus less risky as I personally haven't done any water cooling, however I would image it would be easy enough. Plus it would be more money on top of that. 

Bearing in mind that is NZD and your USD is stronger at the moment. 

Luckily I got paid a week ago for helping to build a privacy fence so I had some Christmas spending cash; but I still spent more than I intended to. Anyways added to what I had already bought prior to Black Friday, I should pretty much have everyone covered for Christmas gifts at least. =) Of course prices are before tax... So ended up spending even more. So it was around $300 in total.

For Me:

• Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (PS3) - $8
  • The Last of Us (PS3) - $9.99
  • Dragon's Dogma (PS3) - $6.99
  • Infinite Undiscovery (360) - FREE
  • 40" UHD 4K LED HDTV - $199
  • Cellphone Charging Cable - $2
  • Pillow - $4.88

Gifts for Others:

• Monster Jam: El Toro Loco, Remote Controlled Monster Truck - $15
  • Monster High Doll: Draculaura - $4.99
  • Monster High Doll: Frankie Stein - $4.99
  • Epic DVD: $1.96
  • The Land Before Time (2 Movies) DVD - $1.96
  • 10pk Socks - $3
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Koby said:

Luckily I got paid a week ago for helping to build a privacy fence so I had some Christmas spending cash; but I still spent more than I intended to. Anyways added to what I had already bought prior to Black Friday, I should pretty much have everyone covered for Christmas gifts at least. =) Of course prices are before tax... So ended up spending even more. So it was around $300 in total.

For Me:

• Pillow - $4.88

Gifts for Others:

• 10pk Socks - $3

And Koby continues his trend of using a shit tier TV for computing instead of a legitimate monitor. Pleb. 21:9 monitor master race!!

16 minutes ago, deanzel said:

And Koby continues his trend of using a shit tier TV for computing instead of a legitimate monitor. Pleb. 21:9 monitor master race!!

Couldn't afford any 4K monitor this go around. Cheapest was like nearly an additional $100 and only like 23" (cheapest I found for a 32" 4K monitor was nearly 4x the cost). Figured at 23" you couldn't read jack shit on a 4K display, lel. Anyways the TV is still a step up from what I've been using. My daughter has a 40" 1080p HDTV, but I have been using a 32" 720p HDTV and a 19" 900p monitor. So I might be moving that 19" monitor over to my other rig and putting the 4K TV in it's spot. Haven't decided yet. We'll see how it fits when I pick it up December 1st.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I was limited to $60, but I managed to spend it all easy enough.

Haganai Manga Vol. 03-10, and the 50% More Fail book (these were actually just on clearance at BooksAMillion for $3.97 ea.)

Zootopia Blu-ray combo pack $7.99 @ Bestbuy

Big Bang Theory Season 9 DVD set $9.99 @ Bestbuy (I got this for my mom for Christmas)

This left me with a little over a dollar, but I guess it was worth it.

2 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Our black friday was last week, bought a whole gaming PC -_-

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z2p74C

Prefers an Intel core but get an AMD GPU.

To each their own. I prefer my GTX 1060.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

For Me:

• Pillow - $4.88

Gifts for Others:

• 10pk Socks - $3

Finally playing Last of Us? A good game. Much good. Such recommend. Got mine on the PS4, though. Free with the system last holiday season.

I shouldn't be in this thread. I didn't get anything. I am poor.

What's worse is I work at a tech store and am in charge of the tech... I was moderately sad.

10 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

Finally playing Last of Us? A good game. Much good. Such recommend. Got mine on the PS4, though. Free with the system last holiday season.

Haven't started it yet. Gaming kind of died for me last gen. IDK, I use to play all kinds of games all the time and I'd co-op with my sister... but after she passed away I just kind of stopped gaming. Then I became a father, and then I split up with my ex and she took all my games, and I just never really got back into it. I did play RE6, and RE Revelations 1 & 2, but outside of those, I don't think I've played much else in over two years. So yeah, I don't have a Wii U, PS4, or XBONE. Thus, I bought it for PS3. Didn't see much point in buying new consoles when I don't play enough to warrant it and most of the games I'm interested in seem to be scheduled for a PC release anyhow.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Koby said:

Haven't started it yet. Gaming kind of died for me last gen. IDK, I use to play all kinds of games all the time and I'd co-op with my sister... but after she passed away I just kind of stopped gaming. Then I became a father, and then I split up with my ex and she took all my games, and I just never really got back into it. I did play RE6, and RE Revelations 1 & 2, but outside of those, I don't think I've played much else in over two years. So yeah, I don't have a Wii U, PS4, or XBONE. Thus, I bought it for PS3. Didn't see much point in buying new consoles when I don't play enough to warrant it and most of the games I'm interested in seem to be scheduled for a PC release anyhow.

Damn. Lot of bad shit happened based around gaming. Sorry to hear that. :( If you stopped playing because of your sister, that's not a good way to honour her passing. I'm sure you loved gaming; she'd be upset if she knew she caused you to stop. It sounds cheesy as hell and I may have watched too many feels anime lately but, damnit, it's true.

I've never had kids but, I was with a girl for a while who did have a baby. I was with her for a solid year and a half and the few times a week I'd help her with him by babysitting, I can understand how having children would cut into that. That's parenthood. But the ex taking your games? That's full-on bullshit, man. >.<

Buying a new system would be stupid if you don't do a lot of gaming in general or prefer PC gaming. I am a PC gamer but, I did desperately want to play The Last of Us. To be honest, it was a stupid purchase. However, more of the new Neptunia series games release on the PS4 and are exclusive for a least a year. Given the fact I play them with a controller anyway, I figured, why he hell not just buy them for my collecting-dust PS4? xD I get them early that way, too. Also, I hate to admit it but, more often than not, a console game runs better than a PC game. Until it's optimized, of course. Even then, console might still win. Preference on platform is really just the customization of the controls. Can't really do much with a controller. Only got so many buttons.

Definitely give The Last of Us a chance, though. Great game. Great story. If it was the survival of cute girls doing cute things in a post-apocalyptic world (*cough*School-Live*cough*), I would give it an 11/10. School-Live isn't a 10/10. though... No second season in sight... Stupid Japan.....

Now I'm mad at School-Live and I'm off topic. I'm done.  

Edited by NeutralHatred
So close... still bad at typing...

2 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Prefers an Intel core but get an AMD GPU.

To each their own. I prefer my GTX 1060.

Heh, I tried to convince my brother to go with that (side note, the PC is for my brother's upcoming b-day)... according to the research he did/reviews watched, it had been proven that the R480 worked better on the later gen games with that intel combo compared to the GTX. 

Personally I am all for the 1060 :D - maybe one day when i upgrade mine... 

1x Samsung - PRO+ 128GB microSDXC Class 10 Memory Card                       Regular Price: $129.99 Sale Price: $79.99 -got this to replace the 64GB version of the same card in my laptop.

2x SanDisk - Extreme PLUS 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card   Regular Price: $299.99 Sale Price: $49.99 -got one for my new phone and one for my new tablet.

1x Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) 4G LTE Cell Phone                                           Regular Price: $199.99 Sale Price: $89.99

1x Samsung - Galaxy Tab A (2016) - 10.1" - 16GB with S Pen                         Regular Price: $349.99 Sale Price: $249.99

Edited by Pollux
Fixed it!

8 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Heh, I tried to convince my brother to go with that (side note, the PC is for my brother's upcoming b-day)... according to the research he did/reviews watched, it had been proven that the R480 worked better on the later gen games with that intel combo compared to the GTX. 

Personally I am all for the 1060 :D - maybe one day when i upgrade mine... 

They both perform admirably on everything, really. GPU manufactures are just selling the look anymore. The most effective way to game would be to have an AMD and a nVidia card, swap between the two depending on what the game in question was built on, i.e. Rise of the Tomb Raider was on nVidia. That would be impractical, though. And a pain in the ass.