'Big Bang Theory' Sheldon Prequel Series in the Works at CBS

Koby

CBS wants keep TV's No. 1 comedy series going — with a twist. The network is developing a spinoff of The Big Bang Theory.

kkmPAzP.jpg

Sources say the comedy, from Big Bang co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady and overseen by showrunner Steve Molaro, will center around the young version of Emmy winner Jim Parsons' Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Insiders describe the project as Malcolm in the Middle but with a young and potentially teenage version of Sheldon. None of the Big Bang Theory cast are said to be involved in the potential prequel series outside of Parsons, who will exec produce.

CBS and Big Bang producers Warner Bros. Television declined comment. The project, which is said to have landed at CBS with a sizable penalty attached, will be a single-camera comedy — a shift from Big Bang's traditional multicamera format. Additional details about the project are being kept under wraps.  

The spinoff comes as Big Bang is in its 10th season and has not yet been renewed beyond that. The comedy ranks as TV's most-watched comedy among the all-important adults 18-49 demographic.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the idea to the show has great potential, BUT, they would have to choose a suitable actor. It  has to be someone who exhibits the same characteristics that make the original Sheldon so funny. You can't just grab anyone, their appearance, voice, acting and demeanor would have to be able to pull it off. Jim Carrey would not be anywhere near as popular if it weren't for the expressions his faces could make. You put that same acting skills on a different person and it would not be near as funny.

I would greatly be interested in seeing this, just hope that they put plenty of time planning and getting a suitable cast so that the show lasts.

On 11/7/2016 at 5:00 PM, Etzimal said:

But... It isn't even funny.

Yeah. I'm inclined to agree. I don't watch tv anymore, but the times I've watched little bits of this show, whether on its airtime or online, I'm not amused. Just... annoyed.

So I'll leave this here: 

Edited by Predaking-117

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...