What's Your Favorite 1980s Anime?

Mr. Kimiko

My favorite by far has to be a Little-known series that nobody even heard of 'Miyuki (1983-1984)'.

A1485-3049932232.1461764368.jpg
Masato Wakamatsu, 16 years old, is working at the beach one summer. Having made a bad impression on his classmate/crush Miyuki Kashima, he makes a pass at another pretty girl. To Masato's shock, the girl turns out to be his younger stepsister Miyuki (15), who has been living abroad with their father for the past six years.

As school progresses, Masato starts dating Miyuki Kashima. He and his sister Miyuki are living alone together, and he is troubled by his conflicting emotions: filial and romantic feelings toward a sister who may or may not know she is not related to him by blood.

Thanks to the three groups that fused together to encode and subtitle this beautiful Show.

SaizenFrostii and Live-eviL! to make [FroZen-EviL]

Main torrent: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=640831

• Like 1

From the 1980's hmm... I've watched a lot from the 80's. Quite a few Ghibli movies from that decade: Grave of the Fireflies, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, and My Neighbor Totoro. Then you have other films such as Little Nemo which is a classic.

As well as quite a few nice Gundam entries: War in the Pocket, Chars' Counterattack, Zeta Gundam, and Double Zeta.

Even Vampire Hunter came out back then. As well as Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z which is easily the biggest anime entry of all time around the world. Even non-anime fans have heard of it and it really is what ultimately made anime popular in the West back in the late 90's by airing on Toonami.

Unfortunately I haven't watched much from the 80's that wasn't really well known classics. So pretty much every anime fan has likely heard of everything I mentioned.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

My first experience with anime was in the early 90s.  My neighbor was super into Sailor Moon so I started watching it with her,  I was around 7 at the time >.< 

After that I grew up watching anime mostly on Toonami / Cartoon Network. Shows like Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z,  Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Thundercats, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Ronin Warriors, Yu Gi Oh, etc.

Those were good times :D

• Like 1

I haven't seen many from that far back. Zeta Gundam is probably my favorite and dragonball is a close second. The last season of Robotech deserves an honorable mention.

It's hard to go back to the old graphics but I can still go back to those.  School Life/Romance in general isn't my thing, so I doubt I'd like Miyuki. No offense. Ironically, I thought Ranma 1/2 was cool though. The pic on top kinda gives me Ranma vibes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Star Blazers (Uchuu Senkan Yamato) was the first anime I watched in the early 80's though it was originally made in the 70's.  Also,  I would say the original Voltron series would be there for me as well.  There wasn't a lot of anime available at the time.  Most of the animations at the time were the Hanna-Barbera cartoons for TV shows and of course Disney for movies.

• Like 1