Can anyone recommend some good $300 desktops?

DarkGanta

So I'm trying to help my mom find a decent budget PC for work and everyday stuff. I'm trying to find something that I think will hold up for at least 5 years without getting so outdated it drags on basic function. Everything I look at online that looks good in reviews seem to be out of production or are way more expensive. Anyone recently get something that fits this profile they'd recommend or have any spec recommendations (esp. processors as there are so many types)? Or am I asking too much for too little?

• 3 months later...

Don't buy into prebuilt computers at Walmart or Best Buy. You will end up with junk that won't even hold for a year or two. Trust me, it's hard to tell someone that their computer is just cheap parts that they were overcharged on. Compaqs are notoriously junky computers that fall apart as well Hp's just being a step up from junk. Not much better, than pre-building your pc. I'd recommend a really small ssd just to get that amazing perfomance with boots and updates is completely worth it. Especially if your looking at 5-6 years to hold your mom. @raystrikerhas a pretty decent build for within 300 dollars, but again I'd recommend to add a 120gig or 240 gig ssd for windows 10.