Nintendo Switch

Dervell

On 2/5/2017 at 6:08 PM, deanzel said:

I was going to pick up a GCU membership ($30 for two years) because I thought that it included 20% off video game accessories as well, but I guess that I'm wrong about that. Now, I'm not too sure. What are some of the other perks? Do they usually send coupons with any regularity?

When you sign up they do send you coupons, also some preorders that you make online will get you $10 in bonus points to use on bestbuy.com, right now they don't have the list up for the preorders with the bonus points, they usually have them up in April/May time

6 hours ago, PhantomKnight said:

When you sign up they do send you coupons, also some preorders that you make online will get you $10 in bonus points to use on bestbuy.com, right now they don't have the list up for the preorders with the bonus points, they usually have them up in April/May time

Yeah, I think that I'll probably pick one up as I'm gonna be trying to pick up a PS4 Pro in the next year or so as well. With that many games/stuff to buy, it'll work itself out. What accessories are you getting with your Switch? I was thinking of getting the charging grip or pro controller but I may just hold off on that. They're just too expensive atm.

@PhantomKnight

Oh. My. God. I have the WORST luck ever. I finally decide to pickup the Gamer Club Unlocked membership. When I went to BestBuy, I had the following preorder open for the Breath of the Wild Special Edition ($100) open with the preorder button available. I was told by the lady that I could only preorder via the website and to just get the GCU there. I bought the $30 unlock and then 10 minutes later try to preorder/buy the game and now the button has changed to "Coming soon" and I'm unable to preorder...

FUUUUUUUUCK.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-special-edition-nintendo-switch/5730400.p?skuId=5730400

7 hours ago, deanzel said:

@PhantomKnight

Oh. My. God. I have the WORST luck ever. I finally decide to pickup the Gamer Club Unlocked membership. When I went to BestBuy, I had the following preorder open for the Breath of the Wild Special Edition ($100) open with the preorder button available. I was told by the lady that I could only preorder via the website and to just get the GCU there. I bought the $30 unlock and then 10 minutes later try to preorder/buy the game and now the button has changed to "Coming soon" and I'm unable to preorder...

FUUUUUUUUCK.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-special-edition-nintendo-switch/5730400.p?skuId=5730400

That sucks big time, I hope you didn't cancel your original order

9 hours ago, PhantomKnight said:

That sucks big time, I hope you didn't cancel your original order

I never had an original order... :(

It more sucks cause I was delaying getting a GCU as long as possible and right when I got it, the thing that I wanted to get became unavailable. Although looking more closely at the Special Edition, I don't really care for the other things included in the package other than the case. I might just preorder the regular version with the discount and I think that there is some kind of $10 rewards points promo for preorders, right? Or am I wrong about that...

1 hour ago, deanzel said:

I never had an original order... :(

It more sucks cause I was delaying getting a GCU as long as possible and right when I got it, the thing that I wanted to get became unavailable. Although looking more closely at the Special Edition, I don't really care for the other things included in the package other than the case. I might just preorder the regular version with the discount and I think that there is some kind of $10 rewards points promo for preorders, right? Or am I wrong about that...

There is a $10 rewards points promo, but the games with that promo have not been announced yet, they will probably be announced by either May or after E3, my suggestion is to preorder the original version and hopefully by release day bestbuy will have the special edition, cause they are that type of company to have extras of special editions of games 

22 minutes ago, PhantomKnight said:

There is a $10 rewards points promo, but the games with that promo have not been announced yet, they will probably be announced by either May or after E3, my suggestion is to preorder the original version and hopefully by release day bestbuy will have the special edition, cause they are that type of company to have extras of special editions of games 

It can't get any worse, can it?

Well, I guess my Zelda preorder-gate scandal resulted in some positives. Right now, BestBuy's $25 off $100+ deal if you use Visa Checkout is back until 2/22/17 so I was able to get a little extra discount on some Switch shit. Unfortunately, you have to spend at least $100 on your Visa card, so I couldn't use all my giftcards (I used another $15 one that I had), but I picked up a regular Zelda: Breath of the Wild and a Nintendo Switch Pro controller together. I was thinking about maybe getting a Charge Grip but at least with a Pro Controller, get a complete extra controller to use in multiplayer situations. Plus, with the $25 discount, it makes the $70 price more reasonable...

https://slickdeals.net/f/9774523-best-buy-pay-with-visa-checkout-and-get-25-off-your-100-bestbuy-com-purchase

Edited by deanzel

On 2/15/2017 at 6:12 PM, deanzel said:

Well, I guess my Zelda preorder-gate scandal resulted in some positives. Right now, BestBuy's $25 off $100+ deal if you use Visa Checkout is back until 2/22/17 so I was able to get a little extra discount on some Switch shit. Unfortunately, you have to spend at least $100 on your Visa card, so I couldn't use all my giftcards (I used another $15 one that I had), but I picked up a regular Zelda: Breath of the Wild and a Nintendo Switch Pro controller together. I was thinking about maybe getting a Charge Grip but at least with a Pro Controller, get a complete extra controller to use in multiplayer situations. Plus, with the $25 discount, it makes the $70 price more reasonable...

https://slickdeals.net/f/9774523-best-buy-pay-with-visa-checkout-and-get-25-off-your-100-bestbuy-com-purchase

I used the promo as well and got the charging grip, 1-2 switch, Splatoon 2 and the link archer amibo

51 minutes ago, PhantomKnight said:

I used the promo as well and got the charging grip, 1-2 switch, Splatoon 2 and the link archer amibo

Great minds think alike :D I really want to get 1-2 Switch as well, but $50 is too much. I'll grab it the second it goes on sale.

I've watched the unboxing video from the guy who got his Switch 2 weeks early, and I'm so f'n pumped for it. March 3rd can't get here soon enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deanzel said:

Great minds think alike :D I really want to get 1-2 Switch as well, but $50 is too much. I'll grab it the second it goes on sale.

I've watched the unboxing video from the guy who got his Switch 2 weeks early, and I'm so f'n pumped for it. March 3rd can't get here soon enough.

1-2 switch came out to be around $30 with gcu and the promo, I know what you mean I can't wait any longer!

http://kotaku.com/claim-your-nintendo-switch-account-id-1792561477

For those getting the Switch and/or with current Nintendo Accounts, you can now add a "User ID" which will apparently be used for the Switch and probably future Nintendo stuff. Claim your dank username before someone else has the chance to.

And about 1.5 weeks left till the Switch hits. It's gonna be so lit.