Nintendo Switch

Dervell

THE NINTENDO NX HAS AN OFFICIAL NAME - NINTENDO SWITCH

Share.
Switching up.

BY JOE SKREBELS Nintendo has officially revealed the Nintendo NX, and it has a new name, Nintendo Switch. It will be released in March 2017.

Announced in a teaser trailer, the Switch confirms the rumours we’ve heard previously - this is a powerful handheld console featuring two detachable pieces that can act as individual controllers (called Joy-Cons), and a TV-connected dock for playing on the big screen. Its physical games will come in the form of cartridges similar to those used for the Nintendo 3DS.

However, we also saw a controller shell - called the Joy-Con -into which the controller pieces could be slotted. Switch transitions from handheld to TV mode by simply lifting the screen portion of the console out of the dock.

Nintendo has announced that it will also release a more traditional Switch Pro Controller, mirroring the Wii U's Pro Controller. Multiple Switch consoles can be used in tandem for local multiplayer play.

The trailer shows a new 3D Mario game, Skyrim: Definitive Edition, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, NBA 2K17, Mario Kart 8 and what may be an updated version of Splatoon running on the console.

Nintendo has also released a selection of the publishers, developers and middleware manufacturers supporting the new console:

NX_Partners

Promotional image showing some configurations for the Switch.

Promotional image showing some configurations for the Switch

• Like 2

Most people are I want it! ;)

I'm have more Question at the moment, then I want it! ;) 

Does it have 720P/1080P/4K Screen, Can it Play 3DS Games aswel, How long is the Battery option, Price, and so much more! ;) 

But I can say it has definally Potential! ;) 

Edited by DJHulp
  • Like 1

Oh yeah can't wait! I feel like this is going to do better than any other Nintendo console has in a LONG time. Personally, I will enjoy the portable feature both on the go and when I'm not feeling up to sitting in front of my tv to play. In a way, this seems like the Wii U done right (though I personally liked the Wii U as well). My main concern now is price...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJHulp said:

Most people are I want it! ;)

I'm have more Question at the moment, then I want it! ;) 

Does it have 720P/1080P/4K Screen, Can it Play 3DS Games aswel, How long is the Battery option, Price, and so much more! ;) 

But I can say it has definally Potential! ;) 

Looks like it doesn't use 3DS/Wii U games, some more info here: http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/10/nintendo-switch-console-price-release-date-details/

• Like 1

I just watched the new trailer for it the other day, and I must say I am curious about this system. I would love for Nintendo to release something that does as well in the market but I'm not sure if/when I'll be able to pick this up once it's released. I know it's already been said but the price is one of my biggest concerns, that and how portable is it? Do the controls fit comfortably in the hand? They look awfully small, and the portable screen kinda does too. I do love my 3DS though and it's got an even smaller screen so.... who knows. I like the concept that it can go from console to portable. I tend to play the portable games but others in my family hog the consoles. This could be a good balance for us.

Also, I want to see more potential game titles! They showed us only Link and Mario.. I need more!

Edited by SuperSaiyanLove

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not going to pre-order it, but I'm very interested in the system. I'll probably wait a year to see how the lineup of games turn out and to see how battery holds up for long game sessions. I never got a WiiU, so I'd be really happy to see some re-releases of some WiiU classics like Splatoon (although looks like it might get a sequel for switch), Smash Bros, Mario Maker, Yoshi Wooly World, etc. Just got home from a long train ride today, would really be cool to have a Nintendo system like this I could take on the go with me. I'm hoping I could put video files and stuff on it too, but Nintendo has always been a little more closed system compared to Sony or Microsoft so we'll see! 

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors are suggesting that the Switch might be using the Maxwell architecture instead of Pascal. Basically the Switch will have  a version of the Tegra X1 that's gimped (so technically they're using a custom chip, just not a good one).

So much for wanting a robust system (for a handheld that is). I know it's a rumor but so far every disappointing news about Nintendo always turned out real.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

Edited by Salem

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2016 at 1:33 AM, SuperSaiyanLove said:

I just watched the new trailer for it the other day, and I must say I am curious about this system. I would love for Nintendo to release something that does as well in the market but I'm not sure if/when I'll be able to pick this up once it's released. I know it's already been said but the price is one of my biggest concerns, that and how portable is it? Do the controls fit comfortably in the hand? They look awfully small, and the portable screen kinda does too. I do love my 3DS though and it's got an even smaller screen so.... who knows. I like the concept that it can go from console to portable. I tend to play the portable games but others in my family hog the consoles. This could be a good balance for us.

Also, I want to see more potential game titles! They showed us only Link and Mario.. I need more!

There are going to be games like Skyrim, ya know.

On 12/20/2016 at 2:36 PM, Salem said:

Rumors are suggesting that the Switch might be using the Maxwell architecture instead of Pascal. Basically the Switch will have  a version of the Tegra X1 that's gimped (so technically they're using a custom chip, just not a good one).

So much for wanting a robust system (for a handheld that is). I know it's a rumor but so far every disappointing news about Nintendo always turned out real.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

I don't know how you think that this is a disappointing new topic. This just sounds like a little less processing for a better price.

• Like 2