On 10/12/2016 at 6:54 PM, avalpsychicguy said:

TL;DR: I'm addicted to cartoons and want to watch more.  Check out my list and tell me what I'm still missing out on.  You can also tell me which of the ones on this list you've watched and liked, as a way for me and others to understand the context of your recommendations, and for others to get an idea of which ones are recommended by more people than just me.

On 10/12/2016 at 6:54 PM, avalpsychicguy said:

Shows that I do not recommend:

• The Powerpuff Girls (2016 Reboot)*
  • Xiaolin Chronicles

New edit on first post: Added extra info on the TL;DR, also added new section on list: "Shows that I do not recommend"

On 1/2/2017 at 5:56 AM, koolestani said:

What about the DC Animated Universe?

Batman The Animated Series

Justice League

Justice League Unlimited

Young Justice

Batman Beyond

The Batman

Teen Titans

Superman The Animated Series

They are all amazing shows.

I'm more of a Marvel fan, really, but I can't deny that I've heard good things about a lot of the DC cartoons.  I might check them out eventually, but for now that's gonna have to be on the back of my mind.  Thanks for the recommendations!

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

• Updated lists to reflect toons I've watched since last edit
  • Updated all list titles to use "toon" instead of "show"
  • Added new toons to "Toons that are on my radar"
  • Misc. changes to list titles
  • Added new tags

On 7/15/2017 at 6:50 AM, iofas12 said:

I highly suggest Steven Universe. Start is a bit week with some good episodes but starts getting better during the second half of Season 1.

I remain skeptical about Steven Universe, but I will put it on my list nonetheless.  I might try it once it has ended.

On 10/12/2016 at 8:54 PM, avalpsychicguy said:

Little story here at the beginning... TL;DR further down.  This post can also serve as a location for others to find cartoon suggestions; it's not just about me!

I am OBSESSED with cartoons.  It all started in June of 2015... I had watched cartoons before, of course, like any other person, but they had been few and far between, and none of them had really driven me to find more to watch.  One day, my brother and I were bored, so we decided to watch something on Netflix.  We saw Phineas and Ferb on the suggestion list, and on a whim, we pulled up the first episode.  Because we didn't grow up with cable channels, neither of us had ever seen a single episode of this show.  We watched a few episodes, got over our boredom, and went on with our day.  But later, I decided to keep watching.  By the end of the day, I was hooked, and I convinced my brother to keep watching too.  But he takes his time watching shows, and that wasn't fast enough for me.

Over the next 6 days, I discovered just how good I am at binge-watching.  In less than a week, I watched all 222 episodes of Phineas and Ferb.  When I was finally done... I was heartbroken.  I couldn't find anything around me appealing, not even video games, which had been my go-to source of entertainment up until that point.  The next day, I set out searching for another cartoon to fill the void.  I found one right away: Gravity Falls.  I fell in love with it right away, just like I did with P&F.  It only took me 3 days to binge-watch all of Season 1 and all that there was of Season 2 (which, at that point, was still airing).

I took a break from cartoons after that, aside from new episodes of Gravity Falls, but after the series finale, I decided it was high time I watched another cartoon.  I started with some old classics, and since then I haven't really stopped.  But a few days ago (at the time this post was first made), I finished watching the final show on my list of cartoons I was interested in.  Now I'm hoping to find more, but I'm not sure where to start.  That's where you come in: I'd like to hear some suggestions of cartoons to watch!  Below, I have a list of the cartoons I've watched so far (more or less in the order I watched them).  This should give you an idea of what kinds of shows I'm looking for.

TL;DR: I'm addicted to cartoons and want to watch more.  Check out my list and tell me what I'm still missing out on.  You can also tell me which of the ones on this list you've watched and liked, as a way for me and others to understand the context of your recommendations, and for others to get an idea of which ones are recommended by more people than just me.

Toons that I have watched/am still watching:

• Jackie Chan Adventures
  • The Last Airbender
  • The Legend of Korra
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Gravity Falls
  • The Powerpuff Girls
  • Dexter's Laboratory
  • SpongeBob SquarePants*
  • Adventure Time*
  • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
  • Regular Show
  • Wander Over Yonder
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil*
  • The Fairly OddParents*
  • Danny Phantom
  • Kim Possible
  • Milo Murphy's Law*

Toons that I've watched/caught up with since this post:

• Over the Garden Wall
  • The Amazing World of Gumball*
  • Samurai Jack
  • Invader Zim
  • Xiaolin Showdown
  • The Loud House*
  • Ed, Edd n Eddy
  • Johnny Bravo
  • ChalkZone
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot
  • Codename: Kids Next Door

Toon I am currently watching:

• The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Toons that are on my radar:

• Evil Con Carne (Please tell me if you know where to find this)
  • T.U.F.F. Puppy
  • Johnny Test
  • Harvey Beaks*
  • The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
  • Mighty Magiswords*
  • My Gym Partner's a Monkey
  • Bunsen is a Beast*
  • Camp Lakebottom*
  • Teen Titans
  • Steven Universe
  • Big Hero 6**

Toons that I stopped watching due to a lack of interest:

• Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • ¡Mucha Lucha!

Toons that I do not recommend:

• The Powerpuff Girls (2016 Reboot)*
  • Xiaolin Chronicles

*Current toon that is still airing new episodes

**New toon that has not yet begun airing

Please do not suggest any anime or adult cartoons!  I watch/have watched a few of both, but they're not my main interest.

Hold up, you've never seen Ren & Stimpy?????

also may I ask what you don't like about adult cartoons. I actually hate the majority of them cuz the animation is beyond awful (like Family Guy, Bojack Horseman, F is for Family, The Simpsons) shit's stiffer than 70s-80s Hanna Barbera but there are some fucking fire adult cartoons (Fritz the Cat, Angora Napkin & Sausage Party)

Also I've been OBSESSED with western cartoons since the same summer you mentioned:haha:for me it was triggered by Looney Tunes (which I've sadly NEVER EVER seen until that summer, disgraceful for an American I know) and weeks later Ren & Stimpy s1-2 (also never seen until that summer, again *Trump Twitter voice* SAD)

• Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 5:32 PM, avalpsychicguy said:

I'm more of a Marvel fan, really, but I can't deny that I've heard good things about a lot of the DC cartoons.  I might check them out eventually, but for now that's gonna have to be on the back of my mind.  Thanks for the recommendations!

Hate to break this to you but Marvel cartoons kinda suck. There are some good ones (Hulk vs. Wolverine, Planet Hulk, A few of the dubbed Marvel anime, etc.) DC Cartoons are insanely good. DC Cartoons completely blow Marvel cartoons out of the water the same way Marvel live action movies completely blow DC live action movies away (except for the Dark Knight trilogy ofc) probably cuz Warner Brothers has owned DC since the beginning of time and Disney only recently bought Marvel (which would explain why Marvel's been catching up but they're just too far behind)

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 7:56 AM, koolestani said:

What about the DC Animated Universe?

Batman The Animated Series

Justice League

Justice League Unlimited

Young Justice

Batman Beyond

The Batman

Teen Titans

Superman The Animated Series

They are all amazing shows.

Young Justice, The Batman and Teen Titans aren't dcau but nonetheless phenomenal stuff ESPECIALLY  Teen Titans (actually I haven't seen The Batman yet). Don't forget Static Shock:D

Have you seen Justice League Action? Great stuff I highly recommend it, Batman's voiced by Kevin Conroy just like in the dcau too:D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Hold up, you've never seen Ren & Stimpy?????

also may I ask what you don't like about adult cartoons. I actually hate the majority of them cuz the animation is beyond awful (like Family Guy, Bojack Horseman, F is for Family, The Simpsons) shit's stiffer than 70s-80s Hanna Barbera but there are some fucking fire adult cartoons (Fritz the Cat, Angora Napkin & Sausage Party)

I tend to enjoy cartoons that are a bit more... shall we say, innocent.  Some adult cartoons are funny, but usually I just find them offensive.  It just depends on the style of humor the showrunners use.

7 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Hate to break this to you but Marvel cartoons kinda suck. There are some good ones (Hulk vs. Wolverine, Planet Hulk, A few of the dubbed Marvel anime, etc.) DC Cartoons are insanely good. DC Cartoons completely blow Marvel cartoons out of the water the same way Marvel live action movies completely blow DC live action movies away (except for the Dark Knight trilogy ofc) probably cuz Warner Brothers has owned DC since the beginning of time and Disney only recently bought Marvel (which would explain why Marvel's been catching up but they're just too far behind)

I haven't really seen any Marvel toons.  My preference for Marvel stems back to my obsession with Spiderman when I was a kid. xD Also, the MCU is so good.  But worry not; I'm still keeping Teen Titans in the back of my mind, so DC still has a chance to impress me.  I'll probably watch it as soon as I run out of other toons.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, avalpsychicguy said:

I tend to enjoy cartoons that are a bit more... shall we say, innocent.  Some adult cartoons are funny, but usually I just find them offensive.  It just depends on the style of humor the showrunners use.

Couldn't agree more. Check out The Oblongs I think you'd like it (Will Ferrell's the dad:D)

45 minutes ago, avalpsychicguy said:

I haven't really seen any Marvel toons.  My preference for Marvel stems back to my obsession with Spiderman when I was a kid. xD Also, the MCU is so good.  But worry not; I'm still keeping Teen Titans in the back of my mind, so DC still has a chance to impress me.  I'll probably watch it as soon as I run out of other toons.

That's really funny cuz when I was young SpiderMan was always my favoritexDIn Middle School I was a Marvel guy strictly for Spiderman and Deadpool everything else I liked was all DC but at the time I still considered myself a Marvel guy. Now I'm all about DC but Spiderman and Deadpool are still my dudes

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

Young Justice, The Batman and Teen Titans aren't dcau but nonetheless phenomenal stuff ESPECIALLY  Teen Titans (actually I haven't seen The Batman yet). Don't forget Static Shock:D

Have you seen Justice League Action? Great stuff I highly recommend it, Batman's voiced by Kevin Conroy just like in the dcau too:D

Yes I have.

I love JLA too, really nice, fun, short and sweet show.

3 hours ago, avalpsychicguy said:

Have you seen the new spiderman cartoon that disney's doing? It's not bad