How do you guys watch so much anime

manc4life

How do you guy actually do it. Watch a lot of anime.  i've planned to watch the following over the next few months and i don't intend on skipping any :bad_smile:

Acell world                           Heavens lost property

Haruhi Suzumiya                Supernatural battles

Fate series complete          Seraph of the End

Sword art online                 Girls und panzer

Psycho Pass                         Spice and wolf*

Guilty Crown                        Chaika

Log horizon                          Brynhildr darkness

Claymore                              Nakiamo

Familiar of zero

Chunibyo and delusions*

My problem is that the only big anime (meaning many episodes :D)  is Dragon Ball Z. I've gotten to watch the big three these days

Naruto

One Piece

Fairy Tail        

I usually watch around two to three series a week. I don't normally watch many shows together other than airing anime. I usually finish one before i go to the next.

I badly want to watch Naruto and Fairy Tail, just not sure how. Silly i know. These shoes have like 200 + Eps each .

Any ideas of how i can do this without skipping all the shows that i've planned already.

Edited by manc4life5544

• 4 weeks later...

well first my internet connection now is uber slow (50-500kb slow)  but its uncapped so they know my  swag done be downloading like crazy and torrenting 1.5 tb a month cuz my power levels over 9000

also i have a computer / tv full house network that is not wireless so i can have a media server in one room and it connect to any tv or tablet and stream from my 8 tb archive of shows.

when i go on long flights i like to watch strike witches / spice and wolf / ah my goddess to pass time and lots and lots of 3ds majoras mask ( i do a lot of traveling)

• Like 2

I have huge stockpiles of anime on my external hdd and I just watch stuff whenever I feel like it. Whenever no one is using internet, I have my computer downloading something. I always keep shows I'm watching currently on a flash drive with me so I can plug in and play on any machine I'm near (though lately I'm home nearly all the time.). I tend to binge watch series more often than follow them. Sometimes I'll go a month without anime and then watch 3 26ep. series in a little over a week. You just gotta find a good pace for yourself so you don't get burnt out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DarkGanta said:

I have huge stockpiles of anime on my external hdd and I just watch stuff whenever I feel like it. Whenever no one is using internet, I have my computer downloading something. I always keep shows I'm watching currently on a flash drive with me so I can plug in and play on any machine I'm near (though lately I'm home nearly all the time.). I tend to binge watch series more often than follow them. Sometimes I'll go a month without anime and then watch 3 26ep. series in a little over a week. You just gotta find a good pace for yourself so you don't get burnt out.

well that's exactly what i've been doing. But i've started work again and just don't get enough time. Although I've finished most of the smaller ones and still haven't started any of the big ones yet. One of these day though.

I tend to watch episodes from multiple series (bad this way ha), unless I enjoy a specific one which I will then put everything else on hold and binge watch until completion.

Helps iv'e been collecting/downloading for years so i have much stored on Hdd that I havent even started yet.

Edited by (AC)
  • Like 1

Lol yeah tbh I download and store more anime than i actually watch...

I recommend just going one series at  a time. However, the downside to this is that if you watch something you find boring/lost interest in, then it can really slow down your progress. At that point, you can drop the series and move on or finish until the bitter end. 

I hate dropping shows so i try to finish them. 

• 1 month later...

Yeh, Time is the biggest pain. Mid 90s i started and to this day it feels like i have only made it up to 'B' in my library.

Since i have a 4 hour travel time each day for work i generally smash out a lot while on the train or have anime playing while i work. (a good day i can watch a solid 15 hours :P but often lose focus at work or break out into a random laughing fit)

Since i don't watch Sub im generally behind the current scene but im in no rush, still got plenty of years left in me to binge watch everything 

at this point i just download to collect stuff

maybe in a few years ill have interest again but i only rewatch a few shows from time to time like spice and wolf / strike witches / ah my godess (only the really good ones)

but now i just download / log that i downloading the show then dump into my archive 8 tb drive and forget about it lol.

1) I don't mind DUBs.
-Sure, SOME are shit, but most are fairly tolerable if you're doing something else.

2) I multitask. IE: I'll watch, say, Escaflowne, while I play Odin Sphere.
-You can always 'pause' for any heavy action/dialogue scenes. I beat AC4: Black Flag while catching up on the DUB of One Piece. XD

3) I use VLC (yeah, yeah, I know) and watch most anime at 1.20x to 1.40x speed.
-If your hearing is good, you get used to it. Started out with 1.1 and now I can follow damn near anything (anime or not) with ease at 1.3.

4) I do with while also skipping the OP/ED for most episodes (that usually cuts down 3+ minutes, which builds up over time.
-Most OPs/EDs are shit as it is, so there's nothing lost by skipping them.

5) I'm also, probably, maybe, kind of...older than you, so I've been doing this shit for years and years and years. Ya tend to built up a list after a decade or two.
-I still have my VHS copy of Escaflowne and Princess Mononoke. :3

• Like 1