Arian

So I'm sure most of you have seen Kirbopher's post that he made late Saturday night regarding Ocean Kai. If not, here's what he said:

XQAZlgp.png

Believe it or not, all hope is not lost here. We all have to band together and get Teletoon to see that we want this show on the airwaves.

Go to this link, https://www.teletoon.com/en/info/contact

Go to "I want to make a suggestion" and request "Dragon Ball Kai produced by Ocean Studios."

You can be elaborate or keep it short and sweet. Just get the message across. If enough of us email them, they may consider it.

Thank you for your time.

-Arian

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2016 at 7:22 PM, Arian said:

So I'm sure most of you have seen Kirbopher's post that he made late Saturday night regarding Ocean Kai. If not, here's what he said:

XQAZlgp.png

Believe it or not, all hope is not lost here. We all have to band together and get Teletoon to see that we want this show on the airwaves.

Go to this link, https://www.teletoon.com/en/info/contact

Go to "I want to make a suggestion" and request "Dragon Ball Kai produced by Ocean Studios."

You can be elaborate or keep it short and sweet. Just get the message across. If enough of us email them, they may consider it.

Thank you for your time.

-Arian

Just sent a message.  Let's see if I get any response back.

57 minutes ago, Inverti said:

Why bother? We don't need a separate dub for Kai. If anything, we should get Funimation to finish the entire Kai series first. 

Meh. Posted this a bunch of times on /r/DBZ. Kai is finished, well, the dub is finished according to Sean Schemmel back in April. Don't know what is taking them long to publish it. Possibly waiting on Toonami to finish their broadcast? Who knows.

2 hours ago, testing123 said:

Meh. Posted this a bunch of times on /r/DBZ. Kai is finished, well, the dub is finished according to Sean Schemmel back in April. Don't know what is taking them long to publish it. Possibly waiting on Toonami to finish their broadcast? Who knows.

Do you have a reliable source that supports the bolded claim? In any case, that's even more reason to not give a damn about Ocean's Kai dub. Not sure what all the disappointment is about. Do you honestly think Richard Ian Cox could live up to Sean's legacy as Goku? I think not, even though Richard kicked ass as Inuyasha. 

Anyway, the in house Funi dub has always been the best Dragonball dub (if you skipped right into Kai after the original series), and TBH, nostalgia doesn't mean crap to me. Dragonball was never a part of my childhood.

Edited by Inverti

8 hours ago, Inverti said:

Do you have a reliable source that supports the bolded claim? In any case, that's even more reason to not give a damn about Ocean's Kai dub. Not sure what all the disappointment is about. Do you honestly think Richard Ian Cox could live up to Sean's legacy as Goku? I think not, even though Richard kicked ass as Inuyasha. 

Anyway, the in house Funi dub has always been the best Dragonball dub (if you skipped right into Kai after the original series), and TBH, nostalgia doesn't mean crap to me. Dragonball was never a part of my childhood.

I'm not in the interest in lying. I've told people this whenever asked about the FUNimation dub for Dragon Ball Kai on /r/DBZ -- the subreddit I moderate.

We were just recording something for Dragon Ball Kai maybe about ten months ago. I’m not supposed to tell you this, but we got done recording Resurrection 'F' last year and everyone recorded on the Boo Saga but me, and I just wrapped up recording the Boo saga probably about six weeks ago, so I’m done. It’s done it’s gonna get released. Everyone else has recorded they have to mix it and print it and whatever but you will get the Boo saga at some point…it’s gonna happen.” 
[1] Sean Schemmel Q&A Bristol Comic Con April 9 2016 - YouTube.com 

Edited by testing123

On 2016-10-27 at 2:24 AM, Inverti said:

Why bother? We don't need a separate dub for Kai. If anything, we should get Funimation to finish the entire Kai series first. 

The Ocean dub is finished, it just needs to air on TV. It wouldn't affect FUNimation's dub at all. Your input would only help us Ocean dub fans get what we want, a better dub. That's why you should bother.

6 hours ago, Arian said:

The Ocean dub is finished, it just needs to air on TV. It wouldn't affect FUNimation's dub at all. Your input would only help us Ocean dub fans get what we want, a better dub. That's why you should bother.

A better dub? Jesus, that's gotta be the worst joke ever. Nobody could beat out Sean Schemmel when it comes to being the best adult Goku voice. Richard Ian Cox may be a good Inuyasha, but his voice does NOT fit Goku. And no, you'll never see that Ocean dub out. They've wasted their resources on doing a separate dub. Focus your efforts on getting Funimation to release the remaining Kai arcs faster instead.

Edited by Inverti

27 minutes ago, KillThad said:

Why not just make a petition? Share it around on Kanzenshuu and other forums, and just make it known that this is a thing?

Petitions don't work. At this point, nothing works. It's pointless. Separate dubs of an already good dub is what I deem as unnecessary.

43 minutes ago, Inverti said:

A better dub? Jesus, that's gotta be the worst joke ever. Nobody could beat out Sean Schemmel when it comes to being the best adult Goku voice. Richard Ian Cox may be a good Inuyasha, but his voice does NOT fit Goku.

I really hope you're joking, pal. That FUNimation dub of Kai is the joke. Schemmel was good between 2002 and 2009, but when Kai started, did his performance go down the toilet. Sabat too. And don't get me started on Sabat's godawful casting and directing. All of that overacting, pseudo-intelligent dialogue, etc. Chris Ayers as Frieza speaks for itself. And I could go on.

50 minutes ago, Inverti said:

And no, you'll never see that Ocean dub out. They've wasted their resources on doing a separate dub. Focus your efforts on getting Funimation to release the remaining Kai arcs faster instead. Separate dubs of an already good dub is what I deem as unnecessary.

Why would I do that when A) I know it's coming out eventually, and B) I'm not interested in it at all (besides to maybe ridicule it).

With all the garbage that gets TV deals, including FUNi Kai, I'm confident that with enough persistence, a network will sign it given with Dragon Ball's major popularity in general.

Enjoy your FUNi dub of Buu Kai (which sucked to begin with).

58 minutes ago, Inverti said:

Petitions don't work. At this point, nothing works. It's pointless. Separate dubs of an already good dub is what I deem as unnecessary.

Just because there's already a dub doesn't mean there can't be any other dub. I wouldn't mind seeing other people dubbing DBZ, especially such talented actors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KillThad said:

I dunno, I really like Ayres as Frieza.

Chris has the best Frieza out of all the other VAs that attempted to do him; most of them being female. Which part of Frieza looks female to you? Of course a male voice works better.

Edited by Inverti

9 minutes ago, KillThad said:

Just because there's already a dub doesn't mean there can't be any other dub. I wouldn't mind seeing other people dubbing DBZ, especially such talented actors.

No, only do a redub if the original is a piece of crap. The Kai dub is actually very well received. Just because Arianne doesn't agree, he could hardly speak for the entire English fanbase.

ie. Sailor Moon, Escaflowne, Akira, etc.

Just now, Inverti said:

No, only do a redub if the original is a piece of crap. The Kai dub is actually very well received. Just because Arianne doesn't agree, he could hardly speak for the entire English fanbase.

ie. Sailor Moon, Escaflowne, Akira, etc.

I get that, but it's not a redub: It's an alternate dub. It's not replacing the American dub, it's just it's own dub. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KillThad said:

I get that, but it's not a redub: It's an alternate dub. It's not replacing the American dub, it's just it's own dub. There's nothing wrong with that.

There is. It's a waste of resources and time. The Canadian VAs are just digging their own grave cuz once it's out (by that, I mean never), MAN OH MAN, are we gonna see lots of backlash.

Edited by Inverti