Cartoons banned by FCC

Pacific85

Ren & Stimpy - Man's Best Friend was banned by Nick but I don't think it's banned by the FCC. It aired as a part of Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon on Spike TV, which like Nick is owned by Viacom so I guess Viacom didn't have a problem with it, or at the least airing it as a cartoon strictly intended for adults (either that or the emergence of south park made the episode seem much more palpable by 2003).

Fritz the Cat is famous for being the first X Rated animated movie ever. 30 American newspapers rejected advertisements for it/refused to give it any editorial publicity.

The FCC banned 11 Looney Tunes Shorts infamously known as the Censored 11 because "the copyright holders believe that no amount of selective editing could ever make them acceptable for distribution."

Cow and Chicken - Buffalo Gals was banned after it's first and only broadcast for Lesbian stereotyping. When Cow and Chicken was on Netflix this episode was the only half episode not on Netflix. Buffalo Girls is also missing from the PAL DVD release of Cow and Chicken. 

Tom and Jerry shorts involving Mammy Two-Shoes have her voice redubbed in the 90s to make her voice sound more Irish. Blackface scenes are cut just like Looney Tunes and all the other really old cartoons (Tiny Toons actually got away with blackface once I can't remember the episode but Furrball had a scene with a coal face and white lips, the lips where not exaggerated in size so maybe that's how it slipped by but that's still blackface). The Golden Collection vol. 2 of Tom and Jerry was postponed indefinitely for not including Casanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning (The Golden Collection was meant to be a complete collection of Tom and Jerry completely uncut and uncensored so this pissed fans off, this happened in 2013, The Golden Collection vol. 2 still has yet to be released).

These just happen to be my Favorite Cartoon Series/Movies by chance along with Spongebob, I Am Weasel and Ed, Edd n Eddy

• Like 2

This was a Teletoon pilot that was never picked up. It couldn't possibly be banned simply because it was never picked up in the first place but this is a really dirty cartoon, a throwback to the Ren & Stimpy stuff. It's by Troy Little and Nick Cross who both worked on Ren & Stimpy APC and The Ripping Friends. Speaking of The Ripping Friends there was a scene involving hot dogs and hot dog buns that was cut from the Fox broadcast but still present in the Adult Swim broadcast and the DVD release.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 0:33 PM, DabDeity710 said:

Tom and Jerry shorts involving Mammy Two-Shoes have her voice redubbed in the 90s to make her voice sound more Irish. Blackface scenes are cut just like Looney Tunes and all the other really old cartoons (Tiny Toons actually got away with blackface once I can't remember the episode but Furrball had a scene with a coal face and white lips, the lips where not exaggerated in size so maybe that's how it slipped by but that's still blackface).

Saw this episode today by chance. It wasn't Furrball, it was Calamity Coyote in Bag That Bunny, the first short in s1e9: It's Buster Bunny Time. Something blows up in his face and gives him coal face with white lips.

• 2 months later...

The FCC doesn't have control over the majority of channels (subscription cable/satellite) that show cartoons, but this is an infamous clip from the Nickelodeon cartoon Rocko's Modern Life.  One of the main characters, a bull, is hooked up to a milking machine.  And has an orgasm.  On screen.  On Nickelodeon.

For some reason, these two clips got edited out of recent airings of the program.  ;-)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 9:33 AM, DabDeity710 said:

Ren & Stimpy - Man's Best Friend was banned by Nick but I don't think it's banned by the FCC. It aired as a part of Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon on Spike TV, which like Nick is owned by Viacom so I guess Viacom didn't have a problem with it, or at the least airing it as a cartoon strictly intended for adults (either that or the emergence of south park made the episode seem much more palpable by 2003).

Fritz the Cat is famous for being the first X Rated animated movie ever. 30 American newspapers rejected advertisements for it/refused to give it any editorial publicity.

The FCC banned 11 Looney Tunes Shorts infamously known as the Censored 11 because "the copyright holders believe that no amount of selective editing could ever make them acceptable for distribution."

Cow and Chicken - Buffalo Gals was banned after it's first and only broadcast for Lesbian stereotyping. When Cow and Chicken was on Netflix this episode was the only half episode not on Netflix. Buffalo Girls is also missing from the PAL DVD release of Cow and Chicken. 

Tom and Jerry shorts involving Mammy Two-Shoes have her voice redubbed in the 90s to make her voice sound more Irish. Blackface scenes are cut just like Looney Tunes and all the other really old cartoons (Tiny Toons actually got away with blackface once I can't remember the episode but Furrball had a scene with a coal face and white lips, the lips where not exaggerated in size so maybe that's how it slipped by but that's still blackface). The Golden Collection vol. 2 of Tom and Jerry was postponed indefinitely for not including Casanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning (The Golden Collection was meant to be a complete collection of Tom and Jerry completely uncut and uncensored so this pissed fans off, this happened in 2013, The Golden Collection vol. 2 still has yet to be released).

These just happen to be my Favorite Cartoon Series/Movies by chance along with Spongebob, I Am Weasel and Ed, Edd n Eddy

Thanks for pointing out the Cow & Chicken one. I really want to watch it now. Was and still is a huge fan of Cow & Chicken

• 3 weeks later...