@Fishmonster

that actually

brings up a point

if the subs are moving to Crunchyroll

what happens to the uk

well first I must ask is there sub shows on Funimation uk site

Edited by Pikanet128
  • Like 1

I'm from somewhere i Scandinavia, we cant access any legal anime-streaming sites except CR (as far as i know). I dont really watch subs (well except Berserk, cus it's Berserk and i have to see it NOW) but i would really like to see Crunchyroll get some dub availible, then i would go back to subscribe to CR.

Edit: CR is getting their own dubs tho, for Berserk and some other shows, so hopefully those dubs will be availible for us

Edited by Fishmonster

1 minute ago, Fishmonster said:

I'm from somewhere i Scandinavia, we cant access any legal anime-streaming sites except CR (as far as i know). I dont really watch subs (well except Berserk, cus it's Berserk and i have to see it NOW) but i would really like to see Crunchyroll get some dub availible, then i would go back to subscribe to CR.

who knows what the future will bring

i never saw this comming

so who knows

maybe funi will become more international to match crunchy (doubt it)

but only Funchyroll knows (or maybe they don't ... yet)

23 minutes ago, Pollux said:

Stop! just stop....

:P

sorry im in a silly mood for some reason

also

Funchiroll was kinda cool for the fact of mixing them more then bunching them next to each other

FuniRoll

is nicely balanced though

i just noticed this is so much like Ship Naming

mvG7WQ4.png2016/09/08 14:17 PST

DKWfuU4.png

it spreads

Edited by Pikanet128
  • Like 3

This guy was joking less than he thought

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-946131/crunchyroll-to-merge-into-funimation-by-the-end-of-2016-april-fools?pg=0

im aware it's not a merge

but still 

when making the crunchy logo for that funchiroll logo

i was able to admire the beautiful simplicity of it

its just 4 circles

also Ive concluded that FuniRoll looks better written

but Funchiroll sounds cooler spoken

now that I think about it this topic should be in Kametsu/Media Headlines/Anime News

mvG7WQ4.png2016/09/08 17:08 PST

theres some hidden info in the fine print here

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is getting dubbed

Edited by Pikanet128

Alright, time for my honest thoughts. The merge is great and all that jazz - definitely for the fans and members. 

I still think and believe companies like Funi and CR should headhunt the fansubbers and offer them (paid) jobs at each of the respective ends for subbing anime. Mainly to deal with the styling, typesetting and of course, karaoke effects. I would be more than willing to spend money on anime releases if they didn't look like shit (video and subtitle wise). I understand that deadlines are a huge factor, but please, fansubbers get stuff done within the next day of the show being released. 

There is another role, this one for the encoders. That "Download to Own" option CR speaks of here, imagine if the "best-of-the-best" encoders of today get hired to encode and release that for public purchase. 

The only thing that leaves is the availability and accessibility for the rest of the world... but that's another day's problem. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Alright, time for my honest thoughts. The merge is great and all that jazz - definitely for the fans and members. 

I still think and believe companies like Funi and CR should headhunt the fansubbers and offer them (paid) jobs at each of the respective ends for subbing anime. Mainly to deal with the styling, typesetting and of course, karaoke effects. I would be more than willing to spend money on anime releases if they didn't look like shit (video and subtitle wise). I understand that deadlines are a huge factor, but please, fansubbers get stuff done within the next day of the show being released. 

Please tell me you're kidding. Fansubbers are unprofessional to the bone. Piss poor grammar and spelling, flooding JP honorifics all over the subs to conform to weebs... need I continue? Yes, they get the job done quick. A HAPHAZARDLY done product, at that. It's really no surprise that Funimation and Crunchyroll are gonna stick with PROFESSIONAL translators and subbers.