What is a nice manga to read?

shiroraiju

Dont know what you already have read, and what kind of story you like. i havnt read too much myself (cus its expensive to buy, and i only read in book-format, not online) and i only read/buy manga which have already ended (except for Berserk cus it's freaking awesome). So this is basically everything i have read/bought so far, and so far i really enjoyed all om 'em:

For action/adventure:     Fullmetal Alchemist (27 volumes, ended, my favorit so far), Berserk(38ish volumes, ongoing) and Claymore (27 volumes, ended).

Romantic/drama:            Orange (5 vol, ended)  and Your Lie in april (11 vol but not finnished publishing all of 'em yet, ended, i have only read 2 volumes of this one, but so far its awesome)

Mystery/Psychological:   Death Note (12 vol, ended, only read 2 volumes of this aswell, but is good so far, and i have not seen the anime)

Blind recomendation:     Trigun/Trigun Maximum (3/14 vol, Ended, have bought this one but haven't been able to read this yet, but the anime is awesome)

Other blind recomendations which i havnt read but is supposed to be good: Attack on Titan, Tokyo ghoul, One-punch Man, My Hero Academia, Black Clover & The Seven Deadly Sins.

If you're interested in very well-plotted thrillers, I would definitely recommend Monster or 20th Century Boys, they're both by the same artist. Monster follows the story of Dr. Tenma as he travels across Europe trying to find and stop a former patient, Johan, he once saved years ago, from causing many deaths. It delves into a lot of heavy topics, too, but always treats them respectfully and with the weight they have. There's an incredible cast of characters you meet as you read as well, each of whom are very important to the story.

20th Century Boys follows Kenji Endou and his friends as they notice a cult that follows someone named "Friend." The mystery of Friend's real identity, his goals, and how he relates to Kenji and company's memories are the driving forces behind the plot. This series was also adapted into a trilogy of movies, too, covering the basic events of the manga, if condensed and changed in the final film. Again, I'd definitely recommend these two if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Other recommendations I'd have would probably be Mushishi if you're interested in reading adaptations of Japanese folklore. Ginko is a mushishi, or mushi master, who travels around Japan and helps people who encounter mushi or are being affected by mushi. The mushi are described as unseen creatures that mushishi can see, that influence and affect the world around them. It's honestly really interesting to see all the different kinds of mushi that are featured as well as the stories that are told because of them.

I second the recommendation on Trigun/Trigun Maximum. The story is fantastic and the action is exciting. It follows Vash the Stampede as he travels across the desert planet Gunsmoke. He's followed by two insurance agents who are there to make sure he doesn't cause too much trouble now that he's classified as a natural disaster. The characters are fun and interesting. If you've seen the anime, be prepared for the manga to be very different. And that's a common thing to happen when an anime is produced early in the manga's run, after all. I can say that both anime and manga are very satisfying in their endings.

I also recommend Deadman Wonderland if you haven't read it already. It's been completed for a while now, too. The story and world are interesting and the characters all have their own motivations for doing what they do. It's one of my favorite reads and would definitely read through it again from start to finish when I get the chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99percent said:

I also recommend Deadman Wonderland if you haven't read it already. It's been completed for a while now, too. The story and world are interesting and the characters all have their own motivations for doing what they do. It's one of my favorite reads and would definitely read through it again from start to finish when I get the chance.

I'm always on the lookout for manga which have ended, so i might just pick up Deadman Wonderland after i'm finnished reading Death Note and Trigun.

I also forgot to recommend Black Lagoon (Action, 10 vol, seems to be on a hiatus or something but is ongoing as far as i know). It has a lot of action, shooting and violence, and follows the adventure of the Black Lagoon company. Great manga for those who love action xD

• 6 months later...
  • Koby locked this topic